1661 9 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

Hello,
I just bought a Spark and before I turned it on, I was wondering whether it was ok or not to activate "Dji Care Refresh". The cost is 59€. I have a P3S and I have been flying regularly for about 1 year without ever having any problems. Do you think it's convenient for me? Does anyone have any experience on that warranty?

Thanks, I'm awaiting reply
MaxBDS

2017-10-4
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cons: -

1. It does not cover total loss - just damage - so if your Spark has a fly away and you can't find the drone it will not be covered. 2. You have to pay an excess - a small contribution toward the replacement
3. It only covers the drone - not the RC or batteries etc.
4. You can only claim twice
5. After the first year the policy ends and can not be renewed - one-year only
6. You get 12 months warranty against manufacturer defects as standard
7. They normally replace the drone with a refurb model and not a brand new unit

Pro's: -
1. They will replace the drone if you crash it due to pilot error (standard warranty won't cover this) 2. The cost of the care plan and the excess is 80% cheaper than buying the drone again

If you've flown a Phantom for more than a year with no crashes then it's a no brainer mate! However, if this is your first drone and the thought of losing £500 keeps you awake at night then £59 is worth the peace of mind though I've never bought care refresh.

2017-10-4
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

ACW Posted at 2017-10-4 10:59
Cons: -

1. It does not cover total loss - just damage - so if your Spark has a fly away and you can't find the drone it will not be covered. 2. You have to pay an excess - a small contribution toward the replacement

thanks, you have been very clear. ;)
2017-10-4
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I got the DJI Care Refresh package when I bought my spark ... given I hadn't flown a drone before, it was a good insurance plan.
2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaxBDS Posted at 2017-10-4 11:08

I'm going to provide a different perspective.  How aggressive of a flyer are you?  Based on your P3S experiences, it sounds like you are a careful flyer, with minimal errors.

The DJI Care package was worth it to me, though I had a P3S already.  Since the spark was new (and still can be considered so), I thought it worth it for the peace of mind.

There are still reports of drops (though they seem to be declining since the last update).  I did have a palm launch flop occur on the most recent update.

One other factor is that I'm not shy about letting others fly my drone.  I'm an enthusiast and an evangelist, and the fact that I let others fly (under my close supervision) was another reason to get the extra warranty.
2017-10-4
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

Don't forget you need to activate the coverage very close to the registration/first flight of the device!

Otherwise, it'll be too late ...
2017-10-4
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MaxBDS Posted at 2017-10-4 11:08

No probs.
2017-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's just like an insurance.
So mainly to cover your own errors.
2017-10-4
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Didiko Posted at 2017-10-4 11:23
Don't forget you need to activate the coverage very close to the registration/first flight of the device!

Otherwise, it'll be too late ...

Within the first 48 hours of the drone being registered/activated for the first time however, DJI can provide the cover after this but you will need to prove to them that you still have the drone and that it is in perfect working order. Refer to their support sections of their website for further details.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I personally think it is a good product to buy, an insurance, you can learn more info on this page: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules