Video possible problem?
938 22 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

Can someone tell me if I fly my P4p at 100% battery and I am using the video why it doesn't record the hole flight I end up with 3 separate videos instead of one long one. Or is that the way that it is supposed to be?
Thanks for your reply in advance
2017-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What kind of sd are you using?  And where are you keeping your fingers?  lol
2017-10-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Mine does the same thing i think its supposed to be like that
2017-10-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Something to do with file size i believe
2017-10-4
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
United States

I have a Sandisk extrem. And I keep my fingers on the RC. Thumbs on sticks and fingers under neath.
2017-10-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is a simple answer, as soon as a video file gets to 4GB in size, it will close and a new file will be started. Using different cards or different formatting does not affect the issue, it will still break the files up into 4GB sections. This is quite common on many video cameras.
2017-10-4
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
United States

If I won't the hole video together I would have to splice it together correct? With something like move maker?
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Is the card format Fat32 this has a file size limit as described. Any editor will join the files but be aware most will want to reincode, If you just want a single file with no edits just google a MP4 joiner.
2017-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-5 01:30
If I won't the hole video together I would have to splice it together correct? With something like move maker?

Yes you will just add each section of video in sequence this should create a smooth flowing full video. There are many video editors out there but if your just starting out then movie maker will do fine.
2017-10-5
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
United States

Ok thanks. I use movie maker because that is what came with the computer what is a good app for editing?
2017-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

You will find that many people use different video editing packages depending on a number of factors.
1. Budget
2. Ease of use.
3. Requirments. (Many drone operators and many guys in here use there drones for professional purposes so specific software maybe required to fill there needs)
4. Hardware specifications.( many video editing packages especially top end video editors requires a specific hardware set to be able to run it correctly )
5. Security. ( some operators use there drones for specific purposes and security can become an issue)
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

I use cyberlink power director 15 due to budget restraints but if you have the budget adobe premiere Pro is one of the best.
2017-10-5
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
United States

Are thos app for computer?
2017-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Yes they are for computersYou can also get video editing apps for both andriod and ios but they have very limited capabilities
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

It would help to know what you want to use to edit the videos pc, mac , andirons, iPad. I was assuming windows since I read movie maker.
Personally I tend to stay away from editing on my iPad or phone.

What’s your target for the video, YouTube, dvd, Facebook?
2017-10-5
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
United States

Mostly dvd . And yes pc windows just looking to get a little more out of it I'm not a professional by all means but I would like to do more.
2017-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Cyberlink power director is a very powerfull video editor with many features you can make some very amazing videos with it at an affordable cost
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

I’m happy with cyberlink power director which costs about £80 but there are quite a few video editors around that price rang which do broadly the same thing, there is free stuff as well. Most video editors give a free trial so download and try out, Some might fit your workflow better than others.
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Have read through this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-110283-1-1.html
2017-10-5
Use props
Darkheald
New
Flight distance : 166591 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have been reading and reading many threats about this topic but i havent got a solution or a clear answer about this issue.

I flew the drone about 10 times and 100% recorded it, even my flight record showing it, however, it did not save in my memory card (128GB Lexar with plenty space) but it does not appear on it at all. (Attached pic FYI)

I had fly the drone about 30+ times and never had this issue before.

In fact, it only shows my last 3 flights. Being the last one named DJI_0003, the first one DJI_0002 and the middle one DJI_0001. Not even the numbers of the footage make sense since is not in the order ir recorded them.

I tried to recover files with Disk Grill (Mac), i tried different SD and try to make new videos but I cant get those files back at all. When i was recording it was asking for an update, however, i could skip it and keep recording it. It said clearly RECORDING, so i dont understand why wouldnt it appear in my SD. It is really valuable footage and i want to recover it.

Hope there is a way for it!

Thanks in advance!
2017-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Darkheald Posted at 2017-10-5 15:43
I have been reading and reading many threats about this topic but i havent got a solution or a clear answer about this issue.

I flew the drone about 10 times and 100% recorded it, even my flight record showing it, however, it did not save in my memory card (128GB Lexar with plenty space) but it does not appear on it at all. (Attached pic FYI)

It is possible that you landed then switched off the aircraft without stopping the recording process? Because that would explain what you are reporting.
2017-10-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-5 15:59
It is possible that you landed then switched off the aircraft without stopping the recording process? Because that would explain what you are reporting.

With the latest builds the P4 will close down the file if powered down without stopping recording on display device first. After the double push on battery switch the green switch LED on the P4 flashes for a few seconds before powering down, this indicates it is closing down file. I have a bad habit of forgetting to stop recording (plenty 'out-takes' :-)  ), and have never had a corrupted file yet.
2017-10-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darkheald Posted at 2017-10-5 15:43

The P4 perhaps does not support the 128GB cards, from the P4 spec':-

Supported SD Cards
Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB
Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

Although the P4 Pro and Advanced do.

Edit:- And the Mavic spec':-

Supported SD CardsMicro SD™
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced