Desparate help on find my drone
3240 18 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

How does it work to activate the sound on the drone during the find my drone session?

Does the drone need to hv connection established with the remote?

My drone was lost abt an hour ago due to lost connection.  I 'think' i'm near the last location, which is a bushy area.

I tried to activate the sound on the drone but no luck.
2017-10-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

2017-10-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you still have the last gps coordinates, when MP is off
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is so painful that your drone was lost, sorry to hear about this. Had you reported this case to our support? Please send an email to support@dji.com for a further help.
Besides, if the drone is disconnected with the app, it can not be activated ESC beeping or flashing led lights coz the commands cannot be received by the drone.
You might need to search around now. Hope you can find the drone finally.
2017-10-5
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Indeed it's VERY painful.   What really puzzled me is that the signal was LOST during the return to home passage.    I used the co-ordinates of the last location that I got from my flight record and I searched around that area for 2hrs straight but no luck!    Very disappointed...
2017-10-5
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

alecela Posted at 2017-10-5 02:04
Indeed it's VERY painful.   What really puzzled me is that the signal was LOST during the return to home passage.    I used the co-ordinates of the last location that I got from my flight record and I searched around that area for 2hrs straight but no luck!    Very disappointed...

Just wondering what settings u had in the app incase of RC disconnection,i have mine set on RTH but theres is also option to Hover or Land?
2017-10-5
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

As far as I know, the ESC beeping in Find My Drone does not work for Android devices, and I'm not the only one who couldn't get this to work on my Samsung Galaxy S8:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=113965
2017-10-5
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

MARSAN Posted at 2017-10-5 06:44
As far as I know, the ESC beeping in Find My Drone does not work for Android devices, and I'm not the only one who couldn't get this to work on my Samsung Galaxy S8:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=113965

Well, indeed the smart device I have is an Android one.  I had it connected to the remote and 'trying' to connect to the plane while I was searching for the drone but it never connected.     I guess without establishing the connection, I would NOT be able to set off the beeping sound?
2017-10-5
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

First - Was the Lost Connection setting in the GO 4 App set to Hover or  RTH ?  Unless it crashed, there's a good chance it may be back at your home location.  Even if it was set to Hover, I think it would attempt a RTH when the battery was sufficiently low.  So also search along a direct path between RTH and last recorded location.

Second - From the last recorded GPS coordinate (in Find My Drone) you might be able to refine the position using the last  recorded direction and velocity.  I think the drone will continue to fly normally for 2-4 seconds after loss of connection before reverting to the Lost Connection directive. So it Lost Connection was set to Hover, it could be several meters (or 10's of meters) away from the last recorded location. - depending on speed.

Third- upload the flight record from GO 4 to AirData.com  for a flight analysis, which may reveal more information. Post the results back to this thread.

Good Luck!  Let us know what's happening.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-5 07:18
First - Was the Lost Connection setting in the GO 4 App set to Hover or  RTH ?  Unless it crashed, there's a good chance it may be back at your home location.  Even if it was set to Hover, I think it would attempt a RTH when the battery was sufficiently low.  So also search along a direct path between RTH and last recorded location.

Second - From the last recorded GPS coordinate (in Find My Drone) you might be able to refine the position using the last  recorded direction and velocity.  I think the drone will continue to fly normally for 2-4 seconds after loss of connection before reverting to the Lost Connection directive. So it Lost Connection was set to Hover, it could be several meters (or 10's of meters) away from the last recorded location. - depending on speed.

Consider the second point of Griffith's response. The last GPS  coordinate may be able to give a clue to where the aircraft may be currently located. In fact, much of Griffith's response is pretty dead on. Best of luck.
2017-10-5
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

alecela Posted at 2017-10-5 06:47
Well, indeed the smart device I have is an Android one.  I had it connected to the remote and 'trying' to connect to the plane while I was searching for the drone but it never connected.     I guess without establishing the connection, I would NOT be able to set off the beeping sound?

Sorry, I cannot help you here, because I couldn't get the ESC beeping to work on my Android device.
This ESC beeping apparently only works when using iOS devices.
2017-10-6
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

alecela Posted at 2017-10-5 02:04

When your Mavic crashed, did you take a photo with your Mavic after the crash?
About 3 months ago I crashed my Mavic into a tree, but I was still able to shoot photos with it after the crash.
These photos were sent to my phone and with the GPS coordinates contained in those photos I was able to find my Mavic.
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used the 'Find my drone' feature and it flawlessly. Found the MP sitting upside down.
2017-10-6
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-6 04:00
I've used the 'Find my drone' feature and it flawlessly. Found the MP sitting upside down.

Happy for you but on what device? There seems to be some controversy about it working on Android.
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zamboon Posted at 2017-10-6 04:16
Happy for you but on what device? There seems to be some controversy about it working on Android.

ah ha, that's probably why ....sad to say. I was on the IOS system - 7 Plus.
2017-10-6
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Zamboon Posted at 2017-10-6 04:16

Works fine on android.
2017-10-6
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

MARSAN Posted at 2017-10-6 03:44
When your Mavic crashed, did you take a photo with your Mavic after the crash?
About 3 months ago I crashed my Mavic into a tree, but I was still able to shoot photos with it after the crash.
These photos were sent to my phone and with the GPS coordinates contained in those photos I was able to find my Mavic.

No.   The connection was lost hence I wasn't able to control the drone.   
2017-10-8
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

alecela Posted at 2017-10-8 23:31
No.   The connection was lost hence I wasn't able to control the drone.

In that case you may not even be able to get the precise final position of your Mavic from the log files in your mobile device.
That's a shame.
When my Mavic crashed into that tree, it was extremely difficult to actually see it, even though I knew its precise GPS coordinates.
It stayed in that tree for 1 week and 6 days in strong wind, violent rain and sun.
When I finally recovered my Mavic, apart of messed up propellers, it was still working perfectly.
Strange enough, there was no rainwater in the Mavic.
Therefore there is still some hope for your lost Mavic.
2017-10-9
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Another thing to keep in mind:
Last month I crashed my Mavic in a 80ft high tree at night... Despite I knew it's exact tree  the Mavic crasehd because at night I could see the flashing lights, in the next day (during daylight) it was almost impossible to spot the drone through the branches and foliage. It took to me and 2 more guys, almost one hour to find it.  It's nearly impossible to find it even knowing it's exact location!! If I looked somewhere else it was difficult to spot it again... I had to pay a guy to climb the tree with ropes and climbing gear to get there. But finnaly I retrieved it after a 3 hour operation.
So don't give up looking for it once you get to the location!! Here is a picture of it after the sucessful mission. I retrieved it without a scratch! (look a the climber's belly)
IMG_4130.JPG
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules