Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Gimbal Behavior After Crash
587 6 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odysseus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506181 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

A friend crashed his bird a few days ago and the gimbal behaves erratically on power on. Tilting and panning every way. I plan on fixing this myself. The video feed still works fine so I'm guessing it's the Gimbal motors? Any ideas will be appreciated thanks.

2017-10-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Looks like its having a fit. I think you will find that the motors are fine as it appears to be moving in every direction without any problems. If the drone has been crashed i would be checking the flex cable that connects to the motors for either damage or loose connection.
Have you tried recalibrating the gimbal ? And the imu ?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Really sorry for this case, I would see there is an appearance damage on the video. I would recommend sending the drone in to repair for the safety of flight and the maintenance of the warranty.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back if there is a need. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-10-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hellsgate has a good idea, If the ribbon cable sustained any slight damage at all, this can happen.
2017-10-5
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

Anyone????
2017-10-5
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

Odysseus Posted at 2017-10-5 09:07
Anyone????

I'd change the gimbal cable then. Sending it in to DJI is not an option. Hopefully that would solve the issues. Thanks
2017-10-5
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

Same issue after changing gimbal cable. I also noticed the roll motor (the motor that rolls the camera left & right, that maintains balance) gets very hot
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules