1141 3 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

France

Check this video.
I assumed DJI optimized RTH speed to be the most effective and drain the least battery.
However this guy checked it and the auto RTH drained 7% more battery.
So it seems if you have low battery, it is better to kick into sport mode and come back manually on full speed, rather than on auto RTH speed. Interesting.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2017-10-5
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying in Sport mode takes a good deal more knowledge and skill of flying the Spark.  I would caution users to use their best judgement on their skill to fly in Sport mode before deciding this is the most appropriate way of getting their Spark back home in a critical battery situation.

Of course the best course of action is to try to keep yourself from getting into the situation in the first place.  But we all have done it, so just be aware of your skill to be able to pilot in Sport mode in a direct and efficient manner before deciding to use that method of bringing your Spark home in an unpredictable situation.  Lights flashing and beeps beeping can affect fine motor skills and judgement.

2017-10-5
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-5 12:06
Flying in Sport mode takes a good deal more knowledge and skill of flying the Spark.  I would caution users to use their best judgement on their skill to fly in Sport mode before deciding this is the most appropriate way of getting their Spark back home in a critical battery situation.

Of course the best course of action is to try to keep yourself from getting into the situation in the first place.  But we all have done it, so just be aware of your skill to be able to pilot in Sport mode in a direct and efficient manner before deciding to use that method of bringing your Spark home in an unpredictable situation.  Lights flashing and beeps beeping can affect fine motor skills and judgement.

"...can affect fine motor skills and judgement."  Thank you Darwin
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules