3488 13 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thinking of getting this...  Landing Gear.
2017-10-5
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks good, a little expensive though.
2017-10-5
Use props
peterk81
lvl.1
United States

Here is my review. I bought this last night from Bestbuy:

I wanted a landing gear for my spark that allowed me to use the prop guards included with the fly more kit. Many aftermarket landing gears attach on the arm where the prop guards are attached and therefor do not allow you to use prop guards when using the landing gear(i'm a drone newbie and wanted to ensure that my expensive toy is well protected). Installation of the landing gear is very simple. You just slide it on to the notches on the side of the battery. The landing gear is held on by pressure and there is nothing else required to keep them attached. This is an issue for me as it felt very loose. Applying a little bit of pressure to either the nose or tail of the drone and the landing gear slid off.

What I liked about this landing gear is that it's light weight and foldable. It actually fit into the foam inserts of my spark case without having to cut into the foam. The feet fold out very easily and don't fold in when you don't want it to. It gives almost 7/8in additional clearance from the ground. It's not much if you fly from grass but at least it gets your gimbal out of the dirt.

I bought this on sale from BestBuy on 10/5 for $17+tax. It should really be <$10 for how simple and cheap it is built.
2017-10-5
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

i have the feet that attach to the motors for taking off/landing on uneven surfaces, keeps the props out of the grass and the gimbal off the ground if the surface is rocky.  they're also a little insurance for getting dirt on the downward facing camera and sensors, as that could cause issues with landing.  
2017-10-5
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Looks good but that will shorten the flight time i guess due to the extra weight so the battery will not last long, i think the price is a bit high but all in all i think its a good gadget and good idea to use when supposed to land on grass or dirt.  
2017-10-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks clever.  My use case is the same as yours, in that I always use the prop guards, and the landing gear I bought cannot be used simultaneously with the prop guards.  It was a stupid purchase (the landing gear I got).

I'd like to get some landing gear that I can use with the prop guards, and this seems to do that task.

I must say, though, that my need for the landing gear is less given that I bought the portable launch/landing pad.  The pad keeps debris and dirt away from the spark.
2017-10-5
Use props
tcase
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988 ft
United States

I lik the idea but worry about any after market bolt on's throwing off balance and flight time. I have gotten a few gimbal errors and warnings when trying to take off with the gimbal pressed up against tall grass.
2017-10-5
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Cheaper version: AliExpress
2017-10-5
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

peterk81 Posted at 2017-10-5 07:01

I wanted a landing gear for my spark that allowed me to use the prop guards included with the fly more kit. Many aftermarket landing gears attach on the arm where the prop guards are attached and therefor do not allow you to use prop guards when using the landing gear(i'm a drone newbie and wanted to ensure that my expensive toy is well protected). Installation of the landing gear is very simple. You just slide it on to the notches on the side of the battery. The landing gear is held on by pressure and there is nothing else required to keep them attached. This is an issue for me as it felt very loose. Applying a little bit of pressure to either the nose or tail of the drone and the landing gear slid off.

Cool! thank you so much for the review.
2017-10-5
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I personally think that once you have mastered the palm launch and land that the Spark is designed for then any landing gear is respectively pointless and retracts from the portability of the Spark. It is very easy to over accessorise drones (been there) when the key is to keep the drone as close to the original specs as possible. The only accessory I have on my Spark now are the Polar Pro cinema series vivid ND/PL filters as and when required. However, if I were to buy landing gear for the Spark then this seems to be the best solution but 0.75 inches isn't going to make a big difference, especially from grass. It's just something else to carry, set up and gauge the impact in flight/battery performance for little return IMO.
2017-10-5
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

peterk81 Posted at 2017-10-5 07:01

I'd be concerned about the weight.  Weight is the enemy of flight time, which is short enough on the Spark.
2017-10-5
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

nice landing gear, but I would prefer the ones that attach to the motor arm as it would provide better stability due to the extended stance.  My opinion; to each our own
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice, but indeed a bit expensive.
2017-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

DronerX Posted at 2017-10-5 10:14
I'd be concerned about the weight.  Weight is the enemy of flight time, which is short enough on the Spark.

Not only weight, but also extra drag.

But the thing that worries me most is the vents in the body of the drone.
There are vents on either side of the top of the body of Spark. Seems to me they are vital for dissipating the heat from the electronics and mechanics inside, so that the drone doesn't overheat.
This gear clamps to the body of the drone. Doesn't it block the vents?
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules