Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to show speed of the drone into the recorded video???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlino3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238130 ft
Italy

Hi,
is it possible to show the speed into the video recorded after the flight??? or there is an easy way to have the gpx file of the flight to edit with another program (for example VIRBEditforWindows)
Thanks a lot in advance,

Francesco

2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Can you record the screen of the remote and then use a Picture in picture overlay and mask out everything but the speed
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Alan has the right idea. You may have to fix this in post production.
2017-10-5
Use props
Merlino3
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-5 12:32
Alan has the right idea. You may have to fix this in post production.

But now if I didn't record the screen before what can I do?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Merlino3 Posted at 2017-10-5 12:55

There is not much of a suggestion. I am assuming you are referring to telemetry. There is not a way to go back and record this point if you are referring to speed. You may want to try to somehow incorporate flight path as it appears on the App.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure, but I think the flight log should give you some indication of the speed.
Although I am not sure how to sync it with your footage.
2017-10-5
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

This is how I would do it, play the flight log and record the screen. Load the original video and the recorded flight log onto separate tracks in my editor, sync the start points and make sure there is no drift in the screen recording by matching the end. Overlay and mask so just the speed is showing.
2017-10-5
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

have a look at https://forum.dji.com/thread-70426-1-1.html the important bit isn't so much the software, rather that 'it can be done'. Just a matter of tracking down what works etc.
Have a Google under add flight data to DJI video and see how it goes.
Pretty sure this was discussed in another thread here but can't for the life of me find it.
2017-10-5
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ok try https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=22773   :-

"I trust Dashware can do this, but there is an easier built in way, depending on your video player.  If you turn on video captions in the Pilot App, prior to recording video, .SRT files will be generated in addition but separate from your video file.  If you download these .SRT file to accompany its associated video file, players such as VLC will display the .SRT  information on screen automatically.  Being that the data is not embedded in the video file, if you don't want the caption displayed, in VLC you have the option to shut captions off, or delete the .SRT file.  VLC is free.

The .SRT files are simply text files, and do have useful information in them even if you don't elect to display them in your production. You turn on Video Captions by going into your camera settings in the pilot app to generate the needed .SRT files."
2017-10-5
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... kk/view?usp=sharing

Is this what you would like to achieve?
Then try Dashware.
2017-10-6
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Did you sync your flight?  It should still be there as the icon and geo-map.  You can re-play that at realtime.... That's the best I have.
R
2017-10-6
Use props
Merlino3
lvl.1
Italy

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-5 20:46
have a look at https://forum.dji.com/thread-70426-1-1.html the important bit isn't so much the software, rather that 'it can be done'. Just a matter of tracking down what works etc.
Have a Google under add flight data to DJI video and see how it goes.
Pretty sure this was discussed in another thread here but can't for the life of me find it.

Thanks! It's exactly what i have to do (show the speed of a tractor!)...so I will try this!
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules