Recording problem
829 11 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd407ab65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7523 ft
Spain

Hi i have a phantom 3 professional and just started having a problem which I cant work out .

I use my Samsung note 4  or occasionally a note 3 and usually get no problems.

Today when flying i pressed to record a video , the red dot showed me video recording had started but after a few seconds the screen view froze then after a few more seconds the screen went black then the dji logo came up and then the camera view appeared again but it had stopped recording video .

This hasn't happened before as i usually watch the screen to see what i am filming or taking a photo of .

Any help would be great.

Thanks
2017-10-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Has this happened again since then?   Just occasionally, I get DJI Go 4 shutting down mid-flight, but it's easy to re-launch the App and the mission carries on un-interrupted. Video recording continues as well.
2017-10-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was this a one time event, or every time you record?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Can you reinstall the App to see if this helps? Are you still having these issues?
2017-10-5
Use props
fansd407ab65
lvl.2
Spain

Hi thanks for all replies .

I used one battery today took photos and videos perfect just as it always has .

Jumped in the car moved to a different location put a second fully charged battery in took off and attempted to take a video and that's when it all started  to go wrong.

Thanks
2017-10-5
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-5 11:39
Has this happened again since then?   Just occasionally, I get DJI Go 4 shutting down mid-flight, but it's easy to re-launch the App and the mission carries on un-interrupted. Video recording continues as well.

don't want to hijack this thread but what happens when P4P shuts down mid flight? Does it just hover until you reboot DJIGo or what?
2017-10-6
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansd407ab65 Posted at 2017-10-5 13:35
Hi thanks for all replies .

I used one battery today took photos and videos perfect just as it always has .

Usual questions - what version of software etc etc., you know the drill.
Wire connections  all good? Is problem occurring consistently?
2017-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-6 00:14
don't want to hijack this thread but what happens when P4P shuts down mid flight? Does it just hover until you reboot DJIGo or what?

I just leave go of the sticks, that way it will come to a halt and hover in space. Tap the icon to relaunch the App and a few seconds later away you go again.  Once or twice I've been sufficiently dextrous as to keep flying AND restart the App - but you need three hands for that !  
2017-10-6
Use props
fansd407ab65
lvl.2
Spain

This has only happened once the last time i flew but since getting home i have tried to record a video while holding the drone by hand and pressing record on the controller but the app still shuts down and wont record a video.

I have checked all my wires / connections and all are ok .

I have just updated the RC but cant find any recent updates since july 2017 which i have done on the phantom.

Although it will still fly i am wary about flying it as things are obviously not right if the camera is not recording.

Thanks
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

If your app crashes, let the aircraft hover while you restart the app. If it is lost remote connection, the aircraft would return to home.
2017-10-6
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the info on the P4; the advice was easier than the original query from fansd407ab65. Some of our guru's may be able to offer an explanation.
2017-10-7
Use props
fansd407ab65
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have checked again this morning and the app is not crashing so much now , I can take photos ok but when I try to record a video I get pink horizontal lines across the screen .

it didnt stop recording this time as it did before , but it is very jumpy while recording and with the pink lines too not really worth trying to record anything as it would not be good to view on playback .

I have tried a new SD card , I have the latest firmware update July 2017 for the Phantom and have just performed an update on the RC .

the app on my phone is also up to date .

all the wires / connections that I can see appear to be good with no damage .

I have only had it for 8 months and it has never been crashed or bashed , no damage anywhere

thanks for any help
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules