1620 12 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When is the OSMO Pro Combo going to be available again?  Sold out everywhere it seems.  I wait and wait !
2017-10-5
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’d wait until after the 10/11/17. DJI is scheduled to unveil something. It’s speculated to be OSMO 2.
2017-10-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If you are paying $3000-$4000 for gambal camera with bit and pieces attached to it. You are probably better off considering Gh5 with dual OIS. It is ready to shoot. On the other hand, you need to assemble osmo with your phone, it makes a loud noise with its fan. The inbuild mic does not work to a professional standard. Video more than 10 min are truncated and some frames are lost when combining together. I have osmo pro combo, I know what I am talking about. All this weakness has been discussed and DJI have not made any improvements to it. Osmo pro does not have the feature set as the cheaper consumer Osmo/Osmo+. I am sure you do your research before spending your hard earn money.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DTK Posted at 2017-10-5 19:38
If you are paying $3000-$4000 for gambal camera with bit and pieces attached to it. You are probably better off considering Gh5 with dual OIS. It is ready to shoot. On the other hand, you need to assemble osmo with your phone, it makes a loud noise with its fan. The inbuild mic does not work to a professional standard. Video more than 10 min are truncated and some frames are lost when combining together. I have osmo pro combo, I know what I am talking about. All this weakness has been discussed and DJI have not made any improvements to it. Osmo pro does not have the feature set as the cheaper consumer Osmo/Osmo+. I am sure you do your research before spending your hard earn money.

Thanks for the 'out of the box' advice.
Hope DJI will make a good DSLR gimbal (one hand gimbal that is).
They sure have the tech to do so.
2017-10-5
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Sounds like solid advice.  Primary attraction is the low light capabilities, disappointed with the reported  fan noise and overall specs for video resolutions.  First alternative for me would be something like the Sony A6500 plus a gimbal.  In no hurry, so I can wait.  Thanks
2017-10-6
Use props
Ice'ik
lvl.1
Russia

Osmo Pro Combo cost 2000-3000$, if U a prof., U by external mic, I don't see any problems with recorded video. GH5 with gimbal or anything else, can't do all Osmo Pro functions, and it's bigger!
Instead of GH5 I would take a sony@7 or higher(full frame)!
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Did you check the online store? http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pro
2017-10-9
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Putting a competent camera on a gimbal will be a much better choice since you decide what camera suits your needs. Your chosen camera is an all-in-one ready to shoot unit. It is also more competent and more versatile. DJI is not a camera company, it does not have the expertise in making camera, compared to Sony, Canon, Panasonic or Olympus. Though it is a very good gimbal maker.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We still have the Osmo Pro Combo in our website, this is not what you want? http://store.dji.com/fr/product/osmo-pro
2017-10-10
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I have tried different gimbals and cameras at various camera stores as well checked the specs and reviews of the X5 and other cameras.  I found that most the cameras (e.g. Sony 6500) and gimbals to be more expensive and much heavier than I would like.  I do see an inspire 2 in my future so I made an order for the OSMO Pro Combo which should be here next week.  I have a Zoom H4N Pro, so sound recording will not be an issue.  Cost savings going this way will be approximately $1500, although I was really impressed with the Sony 6500, especially the auto focus.  The 6500 does not put my Canon 5D ii or 7D to shame, but almost.  Thanks you all for the advice given, and for any future advice I may seek.  I should now be ready for the autumn colours.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JW5255 Posted at 2017-10-14 11:42
I have tried different gimbals and cameras at various camera stores as well checked the specs and reviews of the X5 and other cameras.  I found that most the cameras (e.g. Sony 6500) and gimbals to be more expensive and much heavier than I would like.  I do see an inspire 2 in my future so I made an order for the OSMO Pro Combo which should be here next week.  I have a Zoom H4N Pro, so sound recording will not be an issue.  Cost savings going this way will be approximately $1500, although I was really impressed with the Sony 6500, especially the auto focus.  The 6500 does not put my Canon 5D ii or 7D to shame, but almost.  Thanks you all for the advice given, and for any future advice I may seek.  I should now be ready for the autumn colours.

Thanks for your support to DJI products, but please note the X5 camera is not compatible with Inspire 2.
Looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-10-15
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-15 01:35
Thanks for your support to DJI products, but please note the X5 camera is not compatible with Inspire 2.
Looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.

Thanks for the heads-up Mindy.  Does not really make a difference.  the functionality and video quality of the X5 on the osmo is my main concern.  I also have a P4P which does great video and stills, so I am ok !

From my P4P:

2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JW5255 Posted at 2017-10-15 04:08
Thanks for the heads-up Mindy.  Does not really make a difference.  the functionality and video quality of the X5 on the osmo is my main concern.  I also have a P4P which does great video and stills, so I am ok !

From my P4P:

Yes, P4P is good enough to shoot beautiful videos.
Nice shot, I like the sunrise.
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules