Link Phone Number to mainland China Controller problem
2800 28 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Have just purchased the Phantom 4, installed the firmware, registered with DJI rebooted the drone and controller etc and I keep the pop up menu that says "Link phone number" which then asks me to enter a cellphone for Mainland China. I live in NZ. I cannot remove the pop-up menu on the controller. There's been so many posts about this but none have been resolved properly.
Can someone please help??
2017-10-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I had to shut everything down and reboot my tablet and then it cleared...have no idea what that was about but it was a real pain in the rear.  Thankfully it only has happened to me once so far.
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-6 02:56
I had to shut everything down and reboot my tablet and then it cleared...have no idea what that was about but it was a real pain in the rear.  Thankfully it only has happened to me once so far.

Thanks! Yes I did that too and got the same result. But after powering off and on a few more times the  pop-up reappears. Preventing any operation. I just want it to go away forever.
2017-10-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

house stark Posted at 2017-10-6 03:01
Thanks! Yes I did that too and got the same result. But after powering off and on a few more times the  pop-up reappears. Preventing any operation. I just want it to go away forever.

Have you tried logging off uninstalling GO 4 then reinstalling or using another mobile device then back again?
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

house stark Posted at 2017-10-6 03:01

Next time you get that notification, can you post a screen shot?
2017-10-6
Use props
Rainman3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65981 ft
United States

I’m not happy. Have a paperweight. Why is it asking for a phone number in China
2017-10-6
Use props
Rainman3
lvl.1
United States

I thought I fix the problem yesterday. Clicked on Enter  device open right corner click on general settings go down to enable a map for China mainland and calibrate map coordinates for mainland China and made sure that they were turned off and mine are turned off now and yesterday the quad copter work for the first time. Today I turned it back on and it’s popping back up on the screen and ther are turned off so it’s just a paperweight because you can’t do anything with the remote.
2017-10-6
Use props
Rainman3
lvl.1
United States

Anyone have a phone number for mainland China so it will work???????????????????????
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-6 08:20
Next time you get that notification, can you post a screen shot?

Yes, Ok will do
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Rainman3 Posted at 2017-10-6 09:58

Likewise. The registration process is cumbersome and full of bugs
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Likewise. The registration process is cumbersome and full of bugs
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Rainman3 Posted at 2017-10-6 10:07
I thought I fix the problem yesterday. Clicked on Enter  device open right corner click on general settings go down to enable a map for China mainland and calibrate map coordinates for mainland China and made sure that they were turned off and mine are turned off now and yesterday the quad copter work for the first time. Today I turned it back on and it’s popping back up on the screen and ther are turned off so it’s just a paperweight because you can’t do anything with the remote.

That's exactly what's happened to me. I turned off the China Map once I managed to get in and still the pop up menu will reappear. Frustrating!
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-6 08:10
Have you tried logging off uninstalling GO 4 then reinstalling or using another mobile device then back again?

I use a tablet that comes with the Phantom. I'm not sure if you can uninstall from it??
2017-10-6
Use props
house stark
lvl.1
New Zealand

Rainman3 Posted at 2017-10-6 10:11
Anyone have a phone number for mainland China so it will work???????????????????????

lol. Yes maybe that will make it go away
2017-10-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

house stark Posted at 2017-10-6 11:38
I use a tablet that comes with the Phantom. I'm not sure if you can uninstall from it??

Oooh, well then I'm now at a loss for you...hopefully someone who has that same setup can help or DJI tech can but sounds like not so much.
Sorry, wish you luck in fixin it...I found it a pain when I had it that one time.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This can occur when the server is misinterpreting the internet source that's being used. Currently, the servers are undergoing maintenance Today and will pick up again Tomorrow. I would recommend reinstalling the app and refreshing the internet source. If the issue persists, please try again Tomorrow.
2017-10-6
Use props
Ynko36
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256637 ft
Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 14:32
This can occur when the server is misinterpreting the internet source that's being used. Currently, the servers are undergoing maintenance Today and will pick up again Tomorrow. I would recommend reinstalling the app and refreshing the internet source. If the issue persists, please try again Tomorrow.

I have the same problem in Finland with my p4p+, where I cannot re-install the dji 4. I expect dji to provide a phone number ASAP which the  user interface would accept as a quick solution. (as a former software developer I know that such could happen  as the worst case scenario)
I want to go flying, but this is not possible now !!!!!!!

2017-10-8
Use props
Ynko36
lvl.1
Finland

Ynko36 Posted at 2017-10-8 04:46
I have the same problem in Finland with my p4p+, where I cannot re-install the dji 4. I expect dji to provide a phone number ASAP which the  user interface would accept as a quick solution. (as a former software developer I know that such could happen  as the worst case scenario)
I want to go flying, but this is not possible now !!!!!!!

the problem remains
2017-10-9
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen to me.  I reset the controller to factory settings and it fixed it.
2017-10-9
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

when this happened to me i just cleared the data in the app for android and it fixed it.
2017-10-9
Use props
Ynko36
lvl.1
Finland

BobUnplugged Posted at 2017-10-9 02:44
I had this happen to me.  I reset the controller to factory settings and it fixed it.

that is not so easy  on the  plus version as it is so limited what you can do on the android
2017-10-9
Use props
ToneLeDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United Kingdom

Same here. Been using it fine since Saturday week. Last night after using the flight simulator this popped up. Updated firmware on drone (4P+), reset on built-in controller. OK for a few minutes then this shiznit returns!
2017-10-9
Use props
ToneLeDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ToneLeDrone Posted at 2017-10-9 06:53
Same here. Been using it fine since Saturday week. Last night after using the flight simulator this popped up. Updated firmware on drone (4P+), reset on built-in controller. OK for a few minutes then this shiznit returns!
[view_image]

Actually, come to think of it, I had been using the simulator again before this happened...
2017-10-9
Use props
ToneLeDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

At the risk of taking over this thread, I factory reset the Pro + controller and DIDN'T update anything. So far so good but not good enough from DJI.
2017-10-9
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ynko36 Posted at 2017-10-9 06:14
that is not so easy  on the  plus version as it is so limited what you can do on the android

I'm talking about resetting the android device on the P4P+ controller.
2017-10-11
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ToneLeDrone Posted at 2017-10-9 22:21
At the risk of taking over this thread, I factory reset the Pro + controller and DIDN'T update anything. So far so good but not good enough from DJI.

same here , did update and all was good no probs, then had a quick flight sim fly, and then the china number came up ..had to reset the controller and all was good again .
2017-10-20
Use props
Beginner60
New
Ireland

ToneLeDrone Posted at 2017-10-9 08:05
Actually, come to think of it, I had been using the simulator again before this happened...

me too happened after using simulator
2017-11-11
Use props
fans32632bfa
New

DJI, why am I getting this stupid link China number in California? What is the SOLUTION?!?
2019-9-17
Use props
fans421ca02a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178773 ft

I am having the same problem. Decided to do a little drone flying after a few months.   I get the same  stupid China link that won't go away.  Deleted the DJO ap and reloaded it. No change! I tried  running the apple mini 4 in airplane mode. No change, the link still comes up and won't go away.  I even flew the drone with the link window still there. I couldn't see much of the screen but flew anyway. It kept me from going more that about 30 yards  then stopped and said I had to complete the phone link.   I hope someone has an answer as its useless now.
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules