1223 26 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

After having my first crash not too long ago, the Mavic was shipped out, repaired and now on the way back home. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view, I didn't have the DJI Care Refresh package so upon having the crash, I'd wondered where to get it repaired? I'd read about the dreaded amount of time it took for copters to return back to owners so honestly, I didn't want to wait weeks or months to fly so I decided to try a different option.

Fortunately, after some research I found a shop (anonymous) and this is what transpired:

- Mavic shipped out on 9/25/17
- Mavic received on 9/29/17
- Received email of receipt
- Diagnosis/analysis, test flight and repairs completed on 10/2/17
- Shipped back to me on 10/3/17
- Expected delivery date of 10/9/17

Problems that resulted from the crash (hit fence and fell on grass):

- Torn ribbon cable on gimbal
- Re-inserted rubber dampers into the upper mount (not severely damaged)
- Repaired small ding that was on top Mavic cover

I'm eager to start flying again !  

2017-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

“You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”  Good luck....
2017-10-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI replaced my P4P with a totally brand new drone - took 4 weeks from the first email to flying my new one.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Glad to see your aircraft was repaired quickly. Let us know how everything works out.
2017-10-6
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-6 10:55
DJI replaced my P4P with a totally brand new drone - took 4 weeks from the first email to flying my new one.

These pretzels are making me thirsty....
2017-10-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-6 12:04
Glad to see your aircraft was repaired quickly. Let us know how everything works out.

Thanks - not repaired though - brand new replacement. Really pleased with the service.
2017-10-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Mine went back to china for repairs, also no care refresh :-(  mine took longer to get back to me..but absence makes the heart grow fonder and now that i better appreciate the cost of crashing i really try not to anymore. have fun
2017-10-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sound like cloud city drone repair?
2017-10-6
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was the cost for the repair including shipping?
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-6 14:03
Sound like cloud city drone repair?

Good guess. AerialPixels
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sunny D Posted at 2017-10-6 17:26
What was the cost for the repair including shipping?

$197 including Fed Ex shipping.
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-6 13:08
Mine went back to china for repairs, also no care refresh :-(  mine took longer to get back to me..but absence makes the heart grow fonder and now that i better appreciate the cost of crashing i really try not to anymore. have fun

Thanks, I def try my best not to crash. As they say, there's always a first.
2017-10-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-6 12:04

Thanks. Jury still out but I'll know very soon.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ACW Posted at 2017-10-6 12:08
Thanks - not repaired though - brand new replacement. Really pleased with the service.

Thanks for your positive feedback, we will keep improving to provide more professional customer service to make every customer to have a great experience.
2017-10-6
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

On my side I have so far a somewhat negative experience.
I crashed my drone using the new Dronie mode. I have care refreash and DJI said they cannot bear the costs for shipping the drone back to them because I'm located in Greece (still an EU country). I sent them an email complaining about the case and after one week absolutely no response!.  That is tragic for a company to not respond on emails with customer complaints. I finally sent the drone myself and now I'm waiting to see how this situation will develop.  
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jpap Posted at 2017-10-7 00:02
I crashed my drone using the new Dronie mode. I have care refreash and DJI said they cannot bear the costs for shipping the drone back to them because I'm located in Greece (still an EU country). I sent them an email complaining about the case and after one week absolutely no response!.  That is tragic for a company to not respond on emails with customer complaints. I finally sent the drone myself and now I'm waiting to see how this situation will develop.

You have our sincere apologies for the lack of communication, would you please provide us the ticket number and we will feedback to our management to pay attention?
But for the shipping label, sorry that we are unable to provide free shipping label to all countries and regions, customers should be responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. Appreciate your understanding.
shipping cost.png
2017-10-7
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-7 02:34
You have our sincere apologies for the lack of communication, would you please provide us the ticket number and we will feedback to our management to pay attention?
But for the shipping label, sorry that we are unable to provide free shipping label to all countries and regions, customers should be responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. Appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for your interest in my case. I believe your screenshot is not valid in my case.

I have purchased DJI Care Refresh, and according to DJI site  and Care Refresh sales material online I should get prioritised service and  All shipping costs would be covered by DJI DJI Care Refresh Sales Material

So far, I haven't received any kind of prioritised support (still waiting a reply to my emails for over a week) and DJI didn't sent a shipping label to cover the shipping costs.

When I inquired the reason for not sending a shipping label using online chat I got a response that in my home country (which is an EU country, Greece), DJI does not send a shipping label, therefore not covering all shipping costs.  

My case number is: CAS-1052785-Z8J4C1

I have sent to DJI three emails since Friday 29/9 with my complaint and they have not responded yet. Not even a reply that they are working with my request!

I finally decided to not loosing any time and send the drone myself, but as you can understand paying for the shipping costs, when these are already included in the DJI Care Refresh price I paid to activate the service is totally unfair.
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jpap Posted at 2017-10-7 00:02

"I sent them an email complaining about the case and after one week absolutely no response!.  That is tragic for a company to not respond on emails with customer complaints. I finally sent the drone myself and now I'm waiting to see how this situation will develop. "

This is precisely my point. I'd be absolutely peeved not getting a response, especially having the RCP. Don't get me wrong I love the DJI products and looking to purchase another craft but honestly I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT UNTIL THEY GET BACK TO ME.

I love to fly (who doesn't) and when I need a craft fixed for any reason, I'd like to communicate, receive a response, ship it out, get it fixed within days and have it shipped back to me.

Communication is huge in my book, especially if I'm paying for a service.

I'm expected to receive my Mavic within just days of being fixed and that's the kind of service I like.

Good luck with yours and post up what happens in terms of analysis, repairs and how long it took to get back to you.  I hope you have shipping tracking info?
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic was repaired in 4 days and they even kept communication going from beginning to end (Email/Text) with photos of the work. Fed Ex shipping they charged me $15 bucks within USA.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jpap Posted at 2017-10-7 10:05
Thank you for your interest in my case. I believe your screenshot is not valid in my case.

I have purchased DJI Care Refresh, and according to DJI site  and Care Refresh sales material online I should get prioritised service and  All shipping costs would be covered by DJI DJI Care Refresh Sales Material

Really sorry for your case. As Greece is not qualified for NL shipping label, due to this issue, for the current situation, we hope that you send it back first and we will cover the return expense. If you had sent it in, could you please provide me with your shipping label so I can tag it with your case number? Besides, I had also forwarded your case to the designated department to look into, will have someone to contact you soon. Sorry for keeping you waiting.
2017-10-7
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-7 22:40
Really sorry for your case. As Greece is not qualified for NL shipping label, due to this issue, for the current situation, we hope that you send it back first and we will cover the return expense. If you had sent it in, could you please provide me with your shipping label so I can tag it with your case number? Besides, I had also forwarded your case to the designated department to look into, will have someone to contact you soon. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Thank you DJI Thor. I did sent the Mavic using EPG and my shipping number is : CE014771392GR
It should arrive in the middle of next week or a little later.

I do hope for smoother support onwards.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jpap Posted at 2017-10-7 23:21
Thank you DJI Thor. I did sent the Mavic using EPG and my shipping number is : CE014771392GR
It should arrive in the middle of next week or a little later.

Thanks for your feedback, I had marked it on your case number, our colleague will take care of it when it arrives.
2017-10-8
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Good turn around bud lucky with that and soon to be back in the air happy days
2017-10-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-10-8 09:15
Good turn around bud lucky with that and soon to be back in the air happy days

Thanks Ken, yeah can't wait to start flying again. Luckily it's only been few of days of detox.
2017-10-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Example of what was repaired on mine.

2017-10-8
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-8 10:53
Thanks Ken, yeah can't wait to start flying again. Luckily it's only been few of days of detox.

Yes once it gets under your skin need more but a small detox don't hurt to much
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Well I'm pleased to report that the Mavic is back up in the air where it belongs. Roger that !

Aerialpixels LLC out of CA fixed it and again had it back to me within days. These are guys are amazing with workmanship, communication was exceptional and shipping was super duper quick.

The gimbal and copter is working flawlessly !!!!   

Here are few pics:

2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules