12Next >
2318 43 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79642 ft
United States

I have been flying my Mavic avidly since May 2017 and have never  had any issues.  That has dramatically changed in the last 5 days.  As  usual, I insured I updated the software before my trip last week.  I did  several flights with no real issue, though I noted random erratic  gimbal seizures I had never seen before.  The gimbal would just pitch over dramatically and then slowly regain horizon.  This was not caused by a fast movement, and sometimes happened in hover.  After noting this, I insured everything was  updated through the app store and through the app.  On my first  flight the next day I got several pop-up messages asking to confirm if I  had permission to fly in the area - I don't recall getting these  messages before.  I checked and hit confirm but I got  the message several more times.  Then I lost signal transmission; it was  regained and then lost totally again but it went into RTH mode (even  though I had it to hover it somehow came back to launch point).  I  could not abort the RTH mode.  The GPS map froze and video screen was  black in both instances.  I had no idea what was going on until I  spotted the Mavic back above me descending.  At that point I noted the Mavic was responding to controls, even though the video screen was still black and GPS map was frozen showing drone about 1,000 feet away.  Upon  shutting down and resetting, DJI GO 4 said I had a incompatible version and needed an update (even though in the app store it was updated and confirmed up to date).  It did not give me that prompt upn the first flight.  Update done in DJ GO 4.  Shut down and reset.  I rebooted  and got it again, although at the end of the last cycle it said I had  the latest version.  I don't recall seeing this message after connecting to the drone in the DJI GO 4 app (it shows up in a light blue bar towards the top of the screen).  The next day I insured everything was updated and  as recently noted, the new firmware checks to see if I have the latest  version, which I did.  I then fly several more days with no issues aside from  noting I am unable to get the horizon perfectly true, even with  adjusting the gimbal roll manually during the flight.

I conduct  a flight this morning with zero issues.  On my second flight today I  had no issues connecting, etc., but it did prompt for a compass  calibration, which I did.  I should note this is the first time it has  prompted me for one, even with traveling overseas.  I performed the  calibration and all was good to go.  I launch and fly over the river a  bit to set up for a shoot and noted the gimbal was erratically off, like  20 degrees.  As I am looking at that I note the Mavic is flying on  its own with zero control input from me and making a fast arc and then heading back to me.  I try to get  it to fly back clear over the water but it comes quickly crashing down,  breaking off a rotor arm, fracturing the battery housing, and damaging the  camera gimbal.  I noted as it was doing this a SYS WARNING on the  screen.  But I had mere seconds to react as it flew abnormally and not  responding to controls.  Thankfully no one was hurt when it crashed on  its own.
I look at the log and everything was nominal on take off and the first couple of seconds.  Then it is nothing but yaw error, speed error, and compass error.  It logs events even after it crashed, which happened in about 10 seconds.  I just tried downloading the card and I note the first flight today has the correct date and time but the crash flight several hours later states "Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 PM" -- so what's up with that?!
With my past uneventful flights and given all these buggy things noted in the past few days I am pretty confident this is a software/update glitch.  But it seems DJI is offline for the next several days.  Weird coincidence?

2017-10-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

“As usual,i insured I updated before my last trip”  I found what happened in the second sentence. If your having issues then update, if everything is working perfect then there is nothing to be gained by updating. I’m at .700 on the mavic and  dji go at 4.0.8 and am about as happy as a pig in mud.....
2017-10-6
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-10-6 13:59
“As usual,i insured I updated before my last trip”  I found what happened in the second sentence. If your having issues then update, if everything is working perfect then there is nothing to be gained by updating. I’m at .700 on the mavic and  dji go at 4.0.8 and am about as happy as a pig in mud.....

I agree.  As mentioned, the app indicated it was current.  I got the weird app "incompatible versions" issue note after a flight and updated again, which I thought remedied everything.  Seemed that way as well.  Until the crash on the second flight today...
The app is on 4.1.12
2017-10-6
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you'd like to upload the flight log (DAT file stored on the Mavic) I'll take a look at it. The instructions for retrieving a DAT file are here, and once you access it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link in this thread. The correct file should have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be tens or hundreds of megabytes in size.

I know you mentioned that you saw some strange behavior related to the timestamp, so if you aren't sure which is the right one just upload the latest few (a DAT file gets created each time you power on the aircraft) and I'll figure out which is the correct one.
2017-10-6
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-6 14:36
If you'd like to upload the flight log (DAT file stored on the Mavic) I'll take a look at it. The instructions for retrieving a DAT file are here, and once you access it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link in this thread. The correct file should have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be tens or hundreds of megabytes in size.

I know you mentioned that you saw some strange behavior related to the timestamp, so if you aren't sure which is the right one just upload the latest few (a DAT file gets created each time you power on the aircraft) and I'll figure out which is the correct one.

Will do - I looked at the .txt file via the phantomhelp.com website to see all the notifications.  I'll look at uploading the other file first thing tomorrow.  Thanks for the help.
2017-10-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you are having gimbal vibration issues (looks like screen is warping or tearing) few things may help, check to make sure the gimbal is within the 3 retention hooks if one is out of the hook it can cause vibration issues and get stuck.   2 make sure you do a camera calibration via the app menu on a completely level surface (having a workbench that is perfectly level and flat helps), finally 3.  use a filter on the lens, i still been getting warping in center of my videos/live feed on a few occasions, adding a filter, i guess the few extra grams it provides helps, dont need to do a full recalibration again unless the gimbal is struggling to steady itself with the filter on. get them in UV blocking (basically just clear) or polarizing/ND, but i do recommend at very least a clear one if you are having center screen tearing.

second thing is, you do not need to do a Compass/IMU calibration just because you traveled around the world, no matter where you are on earth, compass is still hunting for same reference point, magnetic north, just because you traveled several thousand miles and may closer or further from the pole doesn't change that, you should also be aware that if you recalibration in a area of higher interference electrically and magnetically (they go hand in hand), the aircraft will likely get confused and crash or not know what direction it is truly facing causing issues like it flying away or getting itself lost when RTH.  and IMUs dont use external values like magnetic north or anything, they have their own zero points, only time you should ever calibrate IMUs is if the app throwing up IMU errors for seemingly no reason or if you had a huge crash but can still fly or if the aircraft cannot hover correctly and is wobbly/bouncing up and down or rotating a lot on its own even in daylight with VPS trying to pin it to a fixed position.  if you do recalibrate IMUs you need a perfectly level surface to zero things out correctly. if you are even off by a couple of degrees, it will cause the aircraft to be off by a few degrees, and when it comes to 40mph drones weighing close to 2 pounds buzzing around at a few hundred feet above your head, a few degrees off can be disastrous.
2017-10-6
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-6 18:24
if you are having gimbal vibration issues (looks like screen is warping or tearing) few things may help, check to make sure the gimbal is within the 3 retention hooks if one is out of the hook it can cause vibration issues and get stuck.   2 make sure you do a camera calibration via the app menu on a completely level surface (having a workbench that is perfectly level and flat helps), finally 3.  use a filter on the lens, i still been getting warping in center of my videos/live feed on a few occasions, adding a filter, i guess the few extra grams it provides helps, dont need to do a full recalibration again unless the gimbal is struggling to steady itself with the filter on. get them in UV blocking (basically just clear) or polarizing/ND, but i do recommend at very least a clear one if you are having center screen tearing.

Understood.  But we are talking about a Mavic here, and not a 2 pound drone.
Further, I understand the compass calibration issue, which is why I mentioned it as a peculiar aside.
The gimbal issue was a weird issue I can't explain, but one that may not be related to the larger issues I experienced.  But because they were out of the norm, I mentioned them as a sign/symptom.  It was not a vibration issue, but a angle issue.  In the few times in the past I noted this (a couple degreees off), I was able to manually correct it in the gimbal roll menu.  In this case, it didn't matter how much I went either angle, as the gimbal worked against the correction factor.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your post. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis and repair. Data analysis is recommended to check the exact status. Also, please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we will keep follow up for you.
2017-10-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-6 19:40
Understood.  But we are talking about a Mavic here, and not a 2 pound drone.
Further, I understand the compass calibration issue, which is why I mentioned it as a peculiar aside.
The gimbal issue was a weird issue I can't explain, but one that may not be related to the larger issues I experienced.  But because they were out of the norm, I mentioned them as a sign/symptom.  It was not a vibration issue, but a angle issue.  In the few times in the past I noted this (a couple degreees off), I was able to manually correct it in the gimbal roll menu.  In this case, it didn't matter how much I went either angle, as the gimbal worked against the correction factor.

the mavic pro = 1.6-1.8 pounds, i rounded it up. but that difference doesn't matter if its out of control or acting up.

as for gimbal being off center, you should do a gimbal recalibration in the app menus..  make sure when you do the calibration that it is on a level surface and no cover on the gimbal or anything to possibly obstruct it.  it takes about 5 minutes at most it goes through every motion the gimbal and camera can make at different speeds and sometimes multiple times.  since i have done a recal it has set my gimbal to -0.6 degrees (im not sure which axis, i think mine was tilting to the left a tiny tiny bit?).
compass and IMU dont interact directly with the gimbal, however compass and IMUs being incorrect will cause a crash or make it very hard to control.  the drone uses compass for direction exclusively and IMU for compensation.
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-6 23:57
I'm sorry to read your post. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis and repair. Data analysis is recommended to check the exact status. Also, please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we will keep follow up for you.

I am unable to do that as the DJI support website is down.  I called the phone number (during standard work hours on Friday) and got a recorded message saying DJI would be offline due to "routine maintenance" until Monday, October 9.  I sent an email and have not got a response.
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-7 00:54
the mavic pro = 1.6-1.8 pounds, i rounded it up. but that difference doesn't matter if its out of control or acting up.

as for gimbal being off center, you should do a gimbal recalibration in the app menus..  make sure when you do the calibration that it is on a level surface and no cover on the gimbal or anything to possibly obstruct it.  it takes about 5 minutes at most it goes through every motion the gimbal and camera can make at different speeds and sometimes multiple times.  since i have done a recal it has set my gimbal to -0.6 degrees (im not sure which axis, i think mine was tilting to the left a tiny tiny bit?).

understood.  but a moot point now as drone is dead.  I have done a calibration early on but have not had any issues.  on the last flight when I noticed the horizon way off, I lost control and the drone flew off while I was evaluating the situation (happened very fast).  again, I merely mentioned this as I have had zero problems with the equipment up until a few days ago, and I strongly suspect all these issues -- while unrelated to each other -- are somehow related to the updated firmware that may be buggy
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-6 14:36

Let me know if this works:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/o ... i5U1EikCCo&sm=1

FWIW - the timestamp on the flight record is correct.  I only noticed the issue on the video file when downloading from the card, but perhaps that was due to the crash impact that reset the card while writing, though I am not sure.  It oddly stopped filming before the crash and impact.
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

Let's see if this link works...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7w6k ... DmIZ-ZpCZad4ga?dl=0
2017-10-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-7 07:25
Let's see if this link works...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7w6kidnvpo6152/AAB4FmKlf8TDmIZ-ZpCZad4ga?dl=0

It does work, but it looks like that file came from the controller and I probably won't be able to figure out very much from it. Can you retrieve the one that's stored on the Mavic itself?
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-7 07:40
It does work, but it looks like that file came from the controller and I probably won't be able to figure out very much from it. Can you retrieve the one that's stored on the Mavic itself?

Yes, but I don't have a cord with me so I will do it once I get home in a couple of days.  
I looked at the file using the phantomhelp.com logviewer to see all the error messages.  
I also looked at the one flight where I lost transmission and had the initial big issues on this trip.  It was interesting to note there were no error messages...it just stopped logging any data 5 minutes and 2 seconds into the flight when I was about 3,000 feet away with solid signal and 19 satellites.  Maybe the drone log will have something different on that flight as well?
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

Just dug up a cord, but when hooked up to Assistant it states "No Flight Logs" in the Data Upload tab.  I tried the Black Box tab to see what I could get from that and it just endlessly states "Exporting"
No bueno...
2017-10-7
Use props
Jordan3584
New
United States

I just bought the mavic yesterday. Nothing but problems so far. I have had the phantoms for a while and no issues. I’m really disappointed. It wouldn’t update because it would crash every time. I finally got it updated and then it said incompatible firmware. Updated again and it disconnects from my iPhone 7 every time I have flown it. Luckily I knew where I was at and brought it back. Fix this!!!   
2017-10-7
Use props
Jordan3584
New
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-6 14:11
I agree.  As mentioned, the app indicated it was current.  I got the weird app "incompatible versions" issue note after a flight and updated again, which I thought remedied everything.  Seemed that way as well.  Until the crash on the second flight today...
The app is on 4.1.12

I’m having the same issue. There are several threads and YouTube videos of people having these same problems. Any news on how to fix?
2017-10-7
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

Not sure what is up, but after 5 months of flawless operation, I have lost all faith and confidence in the product.  I am always apprehensive of updating products until others have done so and proved it bug free.  I had put off updating for a while but after all the incessant pop-ups from DJI saying it was necessary, I stopped hitting ignore.  Big mistake apparently.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-7 02:58
I am unable to do that as the DJI support website is down.  I called the phone number (during standard work hours on Friday) and got a recorded message saying DJI would be offline due to "routine maintenance" until Monday, October 9.  I sent an email and have not got a response.

Sorry for this case, could you please leave me with your ticket number, I'll check it.
2017-10-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-7 07:58
Yes, but I don't have a cord with me so I will do it once I get home in a couple of days.  
I looked at the file using the phantomhelp.com logviewer to see all the error messages.  
I also looked at the one flight where I lost transmission and had the initial big issues on this trip.  It was interesting to note there were no error messages...it just stopped logging any data 5 minutes and 2 seconds into the flight when I was about 3,000 feet away with solid signal and 19 satellites.  Maybe the drone log will have something different on that flight as well?

The log that's stored on the Mavic itself includes a lot more information and, unlike the ones on the mobile device and controller, isn't dependent upon maintaining a connection between the aircraft and the remote or mobile device.
2017-10-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Jordan3584 Posted at 2017-10-7 11:17
I’m having the same issue. There are several threads and YouTube videos of people having these same problems. Any news on how to fix?

If you upload the DAT file from a flight where you experienced this issue and provide a link I'll take a look. As far as YouTube goes, the information there or may not be relevant and accurate, but it's definitely not something you normally should rely on as an authoritative source of information.
2017-10-8
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-8 03:58
The log that's stored on the Mavic itself includes a lot more information and, unlike the ones on the mobile device and controller, isn't dependent upon maintaining a connection between the aircraft and the remote or mobile device.

Unfortunately, DJI Assistant is saying "No Flight Log" when I hook up the aircraft directly.  
2017-10-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-9 09:33
Unfortunately, DJI Assistant is saying "No Flight Log" when I hook up the aircraft directly.

This would be the first I've heard of that happening, so I'm not sure what to suggest other than verifying that you followed all the instructions for downloading the file correctly. So when you clicked on "Data Upload" as described here it tells you that there is "No Flight Log"?

A new DAT file is created every time you power on the aircraft, so if nothing else you should be seeing the file(s) created when you powered it on to extract the one that corresponded to your flight.
2017-10-9
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-9 09:39
This would be the first I've heard of that happening, so I'm not sure what to suggest other than verifying that you followed all the instructions for downloading the file correctly. So when you clicked on "Data Upload" as described here it tells you that there is "No Flight Log"?

A new DAT file is created every time you power on the aircraft, so if nothing else you should be seeing the file(s) created when you powered it on to extract the one that corresponded to your flight.

That is correct.  At first it gave me a loading icon that took forever, then it just said "No Flight Log".  I tried it several times.  I agree it does not make sense.  It is on its way back to DJI so perhaps they can recover the data.
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-8 04:00
If you upload the DAT file from a flight where you experienced this issue and provide a link I'll take a look. As far as YouTube goes, the information there or may not be relevant and accurate, but it's definitely not something you normally should rely on as an authoritative source of information.

"As far as YouTube goes, the information there or may not be relevant and accurate, but it's definitely not something you normally should rely on as an authoritative source of information."

Second this as well. Like the old adage goes, don't believe everything you read.
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

I have had my drone for a couple of months - several weeks ago -was the first time that I saw the instructions on how to get to the DAT files - I followed them precisely and I got the same indication from Assistant - also when I manually tried to locate them in the file system ( Android and SD card ) - again - NO DAT files found anywhere - I found the txt files but no DAT files .  ( this was done after numerous flights completed )

One of these days I will check again .  ( I have been working with computers since 1976 - programming / hardware etc )  It is not a case of I missed it somehow ...
2017-10-14
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

I just tried again - when I tried getting to the file from Assistant - it did not show the drive for the SD card from Assistant or on my PC .  The weird thing is that I had explorer window open looking at the drives and when I first plugged in the drone -a drive appeared briefly then went away when Assistant connected .

Once in Assistant - I had to use the upload data option and get the DAT file copied to my local - once on the local - I loaded it into Assistant but the view shows blank ...

I picked the file that was a larger size .

From what I remember - the previous Assistant instructions only said to use the viewer - it didn't state to use the upload data option - I guess that is new .

I will try again another time - but at least now I know there are some DAT files or at least Assistant can generate them - even if they don't already exist somewhere .
2017-10-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-10-14 09:17
I just tried again - when I tried getting to the file from Assistant - it did not show the drive for the SD card from Assistant or on my PC .  The weird thing is that I had explorer window open looking at the drives and when I first plugged in the drone -a drive appeared briefly then went away when Assistant connected .

Once in Assistant - I had to use the upload data option and get the DAT file copied to my local - once on the local - I loaded it into Assistant but the view shows blank ...

Yes, things have changed recently, though I always refer to the instructions on BudWalker's web site, partly because it's the tools he created that I use for analysis. If those don't work then please either let him know directly or let me know and I'll pass it along to him.
2017-10-14
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-14 09:37
Yes, things have changed recently, though I always refer to the instructions on BudWalker's web site, partly because it's the tools he created that I use for analysis. If those don't work then please either let him know directly or let me know and I'll pass it along to him.

Yes that is where I got the original directives -

Here is where I describe getting the DAT file generated using the upload data option  and seeing no information on the graph when viewing it in the viewer .

Here is another posting by DJI support 09 / 28 / 17 - It only specifies using the flight data option in Assistant and does not mention the data upload option .

The link that you supplied - mentions both options and it states that the data upload is a newer addition to Assistant .  The first time I used the information on that page - it did not have the part about using the Data Upload - or else I would have tried it then .

I guess I will have to pull the SD card and manually try to locate the DAT files again - - - later .  They should be there because I rarely format the card ( only did it once or twice ) .  I usually just move the video files and leave everything else alone .

2017-10-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-10-14 10:48
Yes that is where I got the original directives -

Here is where I describe getting the DAT file generated using the upload data option  and seeing no information on the graph when viewing it in the viewer .

I guess I will have to pull the SD card and manually try to locate the DAT files again - - - later .  They should be there because I rarely format the card ( only did it once or twice ) .  I usually just move the video files and leave everything else alone .

The DAT files aren't stored on the SD card you insert and remove: they're kept on a different one embedded inside the Mavic that's not accessible unless you disassemble the aircraft. That's why it's necessary to go through the Assistant software to get to them.
2017-10-14
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

So DJI got back my drone and responded it "has been evaluated by our repair team" but I have yet to learn what led to the issues and ultimate crash.  No info as yet in the case details, just a statement that an invoice would be e-mailed to me in 2-3 days.  Odd...
2017-10-17
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

Got a response from DJI repair..."WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS"...that was the only information included in the repair invoice.  While I am happy to hear the repair costs will be covered, and it confirms my suspicions there was something seriously amiss with the software and version updates, it would have been nice to know exactly led to the series of experienced bugs and ultimate crash.  Oh well.
2017-10-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-18 15:21
Got a response from DJI repair..."WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS"...that was the only information included in the repair invoice.  While I am happy to hear the repair costs will be covered, and it confirms my suspicions there was something seriously amiss with the software and version updates, it would have been nice to know exactly led to the series of experienced bugs and ultimate crash.  Oh well.

Yes, it would be interesting to find out what went wrong but DJI generally doesn't provide a lot of detail about their findings, which is one reason it's good to get the DAT file off the aircraft before sending it to them. In any case, I'm glad to hear that you got a warranty replacement.
2017-10-18
Use props
bayleenic
New

United States

Can someone please help me with a similar situation? I am still pretty new to this so bear with me. I was flying my Mavic last night and it started acting strange in that it was not hovering still, it was moving when I wasn't controlling anything with the remote. I could tell something was wrong so I tried to bring it to the side and out of the way to land it but when I hit auto land it just started hovering in about a 4' circle that kept growing until it ended up hitting a railing and breaking. I was not moving the drone at this time other than trying to steer it away from people when it got near them. please help me figure out what happened here, this was a dangerous situation for everyone that I was flying near. In hindsight I think I could have force laded the thing but it all happened so fast and I was really flustered trying to keep it away from the people that were nearby.  I'm trying to add the link to the DAT file but it is saying that I don't have permission on this forum.

2017-10-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

bayleenic Posted at 2017-10-19 08:38
Can someone please help me with a similar situation? I am still pretty new to this so bear with me. I was flying my Mavic last night and it started acting strange in that it was not hovering still, it was moving when I wasn't controlling anything with the remote. I could tell something was wrong so I tried to bring it to the side and out of the way to land it but when I hit auto land it just started hovering in about a 4' circle that kept growing until it ended up hitting a railing and breaking. I was not moving the drone at this time other than trying to steer it away from people when it got near them. please help me figure out what happened here, this was a dangerous situation for everyone that I was flying near. In hindsight I think I could have force laded the thing but it all happened so fast and I was really flustered trying to keep it away from the people that were nearby.  I'm trying to add the link to the DAT file but it is saying that I don't have permission on this forum.

I'm trying to add the link to the DAT file but it is saying that I don't have permission on this forum.

Start a new thread specifically for your incident and try to post it there. And make sure you uploaded the DAT file(s) to DropBox (or a similar service) and that you're posting a link provided by that service.
2017-10-19
Use props
bayleenic
New

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-19 08:48
I'm trying to add the link to the DAT file but it is saying that I don't have permission on this forum.

Start a new thread specifically for your incident and try to post it there. And make sure you uploaded the DAT file(s) to DropBox (or a similar service) and that you're posting a link provided by that service.

I tried to create a new thread but when I click on the button it tells me that I do not have authority to post in "new" group and then redirects me to the forum regulations. I've seen posts here and there saying that you need a certain number of points before you can post a new thread but it is all pretty unclear
2017-10-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

bayleenic Posted at 2017-10-19 10:34
I tried to create a new thread but when I click on the button it tells me that I do not have authority to post in "new" group and then redirects me to the forum regulations. I've seen posts here and there saying that you need a certain number of points before you can post a new thread but it is all pretty unclear

Ah, right, I forgot that you have to have a certain number of "points" before you can start a new thread. I seem to recall that it's a pretty low (10?) number, though, so a couple of more posts and you probably will be able to create threads. In the meantime, if you go ahead and post the link to the DAT file here that'll be fine.
2017-10-19
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

When you have major issues like this HQ will ignore your issue and just make you pay for the repair. I had the same issue with NFZ and had authorization via flysafe and ac came down uncontrollable. It has taken DJI almost 30 days to get their heads out of their butts and still ignore the fact of the issue that caused the crash data. They are the most ignorant people and have no respect for the customer.

I provided extensive details and I was flat out told that I was NOT in a NFZ! yet my flysafe and gps data shows otherwise. So at HQ because this one idiots says no you weren't, yes I was they get the last word and you can pay for your repairs and what are you going to do about it!

Never buying another DJI product again when you are ignored and disrespected as a customer that is not acceptable. I will take my money else where.

2017-10-19
Use props
bayleenic
New

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-19 10:38
Ah, right, I forgot that you have to have a certain number of "points" before you can start a new thread. I seem to recall that it's a pretty low (10?) number, though, so a couple of more posts and you probably will be able to create threads. In the meantime, if you go ahead and post the link to the DAT file here that'll be fine.

I was able to add a new thread, it is located in the link below if anyone has any great input

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116898-1-1.html

thank you
2017-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules