933 21 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you crashed your Mavic Pro or any copter for that matter but the damage was repairable? What would you do and why?
a.) Use the (purchased?) Care Refresh from DJI?

b.) Have the copter repaired by reputable copter/drone technician?

c.) Try and repair yourself?

or

d.) Ditch the copter and just buy another one?

2017-10-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

depends on how intense it is and how broken.. a sheared off camera gimbal assembly, ill probably replace myself with one availble on ebay for $250-$300, because replacing entire thing at once looks like one of the easier things once pop it open.   

a sheared off arm hanging by wires, ill probably contact my insurance company and get a check cut out and buy another while fighting with DJi to complete my warranty claim if it isn't void or ill repair it myself with parts from online if there isn't anything to claim.  

battery popping out of retention, probably insurance claim to get another while i fight with dji to replace the drone under warranty since that is definitely a warranty thing.
2017-10-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would make a use of the DJI care just because you paid for it, but if it's easy and cheap enough slight repair I would take it to a reputable repair place.
2017-10-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Defo see what the guys at DJI say first. Wait for the answer and make a decision then. Saving for a new drone takes a while though but ultimately worth it. Note to self - Do not crash......Not done it yet on any DJI craft. Had a few scares but stayed in the air. Would actually be lost without one. When you get used to flying and finding new places it gives a release from work and stress.
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-6 17:54
depends on how intense it is and how broken.. a sheared off camera gimbal assembly, ill probably replace myself with one availble on ebay for $250-$300, because replacing entire thing at once looks like one of the easier things once pop it open.   

a sheared off arm hanging by wires, ill probably contact my insurance company and get a check cut out and buy another while fighting with DJi to complete my warranty claim if it isn't void or ill repair it myself with parts from online if there isn't anything to claim.  

"ill probably replace myself with one availble on ebay"

Makes sense especially if one is mechanically inclined. I'm not, so gotta have it professionally repaired.
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-7 05:41
I would make a use of the DJI care just because you paid for it, but if it's easy and cheap enough slight repair I would take it to a reputable repair place.

Yeah probably would've gone that route but did't have the warranty package. Appears like the wait time for DJI analysis and repairs just seems to take too long.
2017-10-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-7 06:30
Defo see what the guys at DJI say first. Wait for the answer and make a decision then. Saving for a new drone takes a while though but ultimately worth it. Note to self - Do not crash......Not done it yet on any DJI craft. Had a few scares but stayed in the air. Would actually be lost without one. When you get used to flying and finding new places it gives a release from work and stress.

"see what the guys at DJI say first. Wait for the answer and make a decision then"

Seems reasonable enough b/4 making the final move. Do you or anyone else know on average that's the wait time when DJI has the copter doing their analysis and repairs? is it months?
2017-10-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-7 17:57
Yeah probably would've gone that route but did't have the warranty package. Appears like the wait time for DJI analysis and repairs just seems to take too long.

That would be the deal breaker for me, I would not have the patience to wait for the repair.
2017-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-7 17:59
"see what the guys at DJI say first. Wait for the answer and make a decision then"

Seems reasonable enough b/4 making the final move. Do you or anyone else know on average that's the wait time when DJI has the copter doing their analysis and repairs? is it months?

Great question
depends on the DJI shop loading  and replacement stock availability at the time you send your drone into them. If everything is working in your favor, then you could get it faster. not counting shipping time 2-5 weeks..

Rich
2017-10-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-7 17:59

This is the main cause of friction with DJI in a lot of cases. Sometimes it's a 2-3 weeks turn round and then on the other it's ages. Sometimes it's the same drone, sometimes it's a different drone, sometimes it's sent back with a different issue and sometimes it's good. There just seems - Reading posts on the forum - that there seems to be no 100% fix rate. Troubling really for such a company that provides the best drones for the job. The DJI guys on the forum are very good and it's a shame that this cannot be carried over to the rest of the support procedures. It's not as if they are a new company either. I just hope that my Mavic doesn't suddenly decide to no likey some day.
2017-10-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-8 00:24
This is the main cause of friction with DJI in a lot of cases. Sometimes it's a 2-3 weeks turn round and then on the other it's ages. Sometimes it's the same drone, sometimes it's a different drone, sometimes it's sent back with a different issue and sometimes it's good. There just seems - Reading posts on the forum - that there seems to be no 100% fix rate. Troubling really for such a company that provides the best drones for the job. The DJI guys on the forum are very good and it's a shame that this cannot be carried over to the rest of the support procedures. It's not as if they are a new company either. I just hope that my Mavic doesn't suddenly decide to no likey some day.

"a.) sometimes it's sent back with a different issue

b.) no 100% fix rate.

c.) The DJI guys on the forum are very good and it's a shame that this cannot be carried over to the rest of the support procedures.."

a.) For me and guessing many others, this is not appropriate in my opinion. Don't mind receiving another copter that's in working order and in the same shape as the one I shipped to DJI but to receive one with more problems. Totally unacceptable !

b.) I don't expect repairs to be 100% b/c there will be I'm sure copters that cannot be repaired and need to replaced by a new one but in terms of receiving copters that are in fact repairable, that should be closer to high 90%. My 2 cents.

c.) DJI moderators are superb ! Honestly I think they need to train DJI reps with C.S. ?  They've inquired and have gotten answers that members cannot seem to even get on the phone?..
2017-10-8
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Me I would take advice then go from there to a repairer
2017-10-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-10-8 08:50
Me I would take advice then go from there to a repairer

If I had the Refresh Care secured, then I would've done the same thing too. I think is this also a learned lesson for all to have some kind of back up repair plan b/c one just never knows if a crash will ever occur; don't care of how good of a pilot you are, you just never know. There's a whole host of issues that can go wrong.

2017-10-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Id say if u are mechanically inclined and have the confidence do it yourself. If u also paid for dji care refresh don't waste it you might as well send it in, me I would repair it myself no matter what the damage is I have repaired a couple Phantom 4's a phantom 4 pro , 5 phantom 3 pro/advanced , 1 spark and 1 mavic. ... None of these were mine just helping friends out all were successful pretty easy once you get the hang of it a lot of it is tedious and a slow process just take your time and you end up saving money in the long run and a headache from having it being sent away for a long time
2017-10-8
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

So what happens if you have the DJI Cares and don't use it and send it in to be repaired somewhere else... does that void the DJI cares if  you wanted to use it down the road?
2017-10-8
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

marklyn59 Posted at 2017-10-8 19:39
So what happens if you have the DJI Cares and don't use it and send it in to be repaired somewhere else... does that void the DJI cares if  you wanted to use it down the road?

Yes according to DJI's terms and conditions.
2017-10-9
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-8 10:57
If I had the Refresh Care secured, then I would've done the same thing too. I think is this also a learned lesson for all to have some kind of back up repair plan b/c one just never knows if a crash will ever occur; don't care of good of a pilot you are, you just never know. There's a whole host of issues that can go wrong.

I totally agree there bud
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-10-8 13:12
Id say if u are mechanically inclined and have the confidence do it yourself. If u also paid for dji care refresh don't waste it you might as well send it in, me I would repair it myself no matter what the damage is I have repaired a couple Phantom 4's a phantom 4 pro , 5 phantom 3 pro/advanced , 1 spark and 1 mavic. ... None of these were mine just helping friends out all were successful pretty easy once you get the hang of it a lot of it is tedious and a slow process just take your time and you end up saving money in the long run and a headache from having it being sent away for a long time

"end up saving money in the long run and a headache from having it being sent away for a long time"

Agreed if one is mechanically inclined and don't care to take the risk then yeah sure go for it.
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2017-10-8 19:39

Did you purchase the DJI Refresh Care but not interested in using it? copter having issues?
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Zamboon Posted at 2017-10-9 00:12
Yes according to DJI's terms and conditions.

Sounds about right!
2017-10-9
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-9 03:54
Did you purchase the DJI Refresh Care but not interested in using it? copter having issues?

No. Just asking is all.
2017-10-10
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-7 06:30

I'm guessing they will ski this one...
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules