742751 742751 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
indexia
New
Flight distance : 192608 ft
Romania

Hello,

Yesterday I powered on the phantom 4 and on my display it showed that a firmware upgrade for the RC was available and started the update process.

Almost halfway through the app crashed and entered again into the app but I didn't saw the update process the RC was still beeping.

I left it like this for 20 minutes nothing happened. I then decided to power cycle the RC but when trying to power on I get a cyan led instead of green or red but no connection.

I performed some research about this issue even try ed firmware 1.6 with a USB stick but nothing happened.

Maybe I didn't understand this process.

The remote control model is GL300C.

I do not know which firmware the RC had prior to the firmware upgrade.

If someone can help me fix this issue.

Thank you

2017-10-6
Use props
ELECTROMAPS
New

Australia

Same issue to me, DJI assistant stating P4 having current version V02.00.0106 but RC constantly writing "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry"
2017-10-7
Use props
ELECTROMAPS
New

Australia

ELECTROMAPS Posted at 2017-10-7 18:55
Same issue to me, DJI assistant stating P4 having current version V02.00.0106 but RC constantly writing "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry"

My GL300C RC firmware is 1.6.0 and it is also not possible to upgrade to 1.8.0 connecting my Iphone 6 to the RC via the DJI GO4 app pressing on the menu for 10 seconds. It shows installing for 5 seconds asking me to restart but after restart it's still 1.6.0
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, failed update will cause the cyan led. Please turn off the RC, hold on C1+C2+shutter button, toggle the ISO wheel. Then turn on the RC and connect APP to download the firmware to update again.
2017-10-7
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4308 ft

Greece

HI Guys , I am facing a similar problem. Just bought a used phantom 4. Rc was connected to my phone and the phantom 4  until I got a message for an update for the RC. Update failed and since then the rc cannot connect to the phantom. I updated the aircraft using DJI assistand on my surface to v 02.00.0106 but no luck with the rc ...i tried 3 different phones , note5, note 3lt , nexus 5 but no luck.
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

I also tried to downgrade the rc using dji go 4 , but whatever version I tried the downgrade failed. the rc version says its 1.1.5 and asks me to downgrade to 1.8 is that a downgrade or an upgrade? Someties when i connect the rc to the phone the app says i have an inspire 1 and to prompts me to download dji go app..not 4. i tried uninstalling the app and installing it again with no luck...dji please help !!!
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Very disappointed since i cannot fly my Phantom 4
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

If that helps , all my rc lights are white and the last one (battery status) doesnt stop blinking
2017-10-8
Use props
fans5983fcb2
New
Flight distance : 182736 ft
Brazil

odyseas, i have the same problem
2017-10-8
Use props
fans5983fcb2
New
Brazil

2017-10-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hi Bruno

That link is not of much use for others unless you share your desktop too ;-)

In order to upload a pic to this forum you need to reply on something and then click Advanced to the right. The advanced editor has a picture upload function.

Edit: ooh just found out something new myself, you can just click advanced to the right at the reply box in the buttom of the page. :-)
2017-10-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

2017-10-8
Use props
fans5983fcb2
New
Brazil

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-8 06:42
Hi Bruno

That link is not of much use for others unless you share your desktop too ;-)

Good morning, after a control update I can not connect the phone to the remote control of phantom 4. When I connect it to the mobile it asks to change the DJI GO 4 application to the DJI GO and it seems that the firmware of the inspire 1 on my remote control, the control model is the GL300C, thanks for the tip of the photo and if anyone has a problem with how to solve the problem
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

same problem mate, i didnt managed to solve it so far.
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

what the hell is happening , there is lot of people with tha problem as I noticed
2017-10-8
Use props
fans53c1f72a
New
Flight distance : 10325 ft
Norway

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-8 08:55
what the hell is happening , there is lot of people with tha problem as I noticed

I had the same problem on my P3P.
Turned out I had to pair the RC with the drone again. Dont know if it is the same for P4...
2017-10-8
Use props
fans5983fcb2
New
Brazil

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-8 08:55

my error

2017-10-8
Use props
bruno b figueir
New
Brazil

https://forum.dji.com/thread-115767-1-1.html
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

The link is not working
2017-10-8
Use props
bruno b figueir
New
Brazil

2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

I also tried to pair the RC with no luck ..c1+c2+ .....etc
2017-10-8
Use props
bruno b figueir
New
Brazil

Is this the same defect as yours?
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

yes the same
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

do we you have a solution?
2017-10-8
Use props
bruno b figueir
New
Brazil

2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Thank you mate I will try that tomorrow .hope it will work
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-8 04:38
HI Guys , I am facing a similar problem. Just bought a used phantom 4. Rc was connected to my phone and the phantom 4  until I got a message for an update for the RC. Update failed and since then the rc cannot connect to the phantom. I updated the aircraft using DJI assistand on my surface to v 02.00.0106 but no luck with the rc ...i tried 3 different phones , note5, note 3lt , nexus 5 but no luck.

Sir, have you tried my suggestion in 4#? Per the previous steps, you will see update message in Aircraft Status Bar. Please try several times and let me know whether it works.
2017-10-8
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Hi Susan , thank you for the quick reply. I tried  C1+C2+shutter button, toggle the ISO wheel but it doent seems to work, plus i dont have a cyan led on the rc. All leds on the rc are white and the last one of the battery status never stops blinking....as shown on video 20#. I will try again, if it fails and you dont have something else to suggest i will follow the steps on video 25#..
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Good news and bad news... Following the steps of the video I managed to downgrade to RC  version 1.6 but unfortunately tje installation of the 1.8 version keeps failing. As a result I am not having white lights any more on the RC but I still cannot connect to the aircraft.
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

I tried to connect using the combination c1+c2 etc everything looks to works fine (beeps blue light ) but connection fails and RC light is blinking red white..
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Any ideas?
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

My aircraft has the latest version shall I reset to lower version?
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

V02000106 for the aircraft, v 1.6 for the RC, android platform... anybody else with this setup ? With or without problems?
2017-10-9
Use props
bruno b figueir
New
Brazil

I started the update and it was able to connect with the aircraft, after that I entered with the app dji go4 and updated, it took to download the update so I kept insisting and I managed
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

i will keep trying.... in one of my attempts the light on the aircraft turned green, i had a corrupted view on the app but the rc was keep lighting red-white..

2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Dji Susan please advice ..
2017-10-9
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

it seems like my rc is connected but the light on the rc is lighting red white green and i have a message saying ''phantom 4 hd downlink is disrupt'' any ideas how to correct it?
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-10 08:29
it seems like my rc is connected but the light on the rc is lighting red white green and i have a message saying ''phantom 4 hd downlink is disrupt'' any ideas how to correct it?

Odyseas, have you tried to update the RC firmware again? It seems that the aircraft firmware and controller firmware are still not matched. I would recommend you to change another recommended Andrdoid/iOS mobile to verify again. If no helps, please contact the support to send it in: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-10
Use props
Odyseas
lvl.1

Greece

Hi Susan,thanks for the reply. On android the RC update keeps fails , I am on 1.6 (doesn't let me update to 1.8) and the aircraft had the latest so I downgrade to factory version without success.I will try with a iPad mini 2 , can you please let me know a version for both aircraft and RC that cooperates?
2017-10-10
Use props
DazzauksDad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124446 ft

United Kingdom

Odyseas Posted at 2017-10-10 22:42
Hi Susan,thanks for the reply. On android the RC update keeps fails , I am on 1.6 (doesn't let me update to 1.8) and the aircraft had the latest so I downgrade to factory version without success.I will try with a iPad mini 2 , can you please let me know a version for both aircraft and RC that cooperates?

Ok bit the bullet and upgraded my P4 and RC doing exactly as my son did I got the two notifications when updating the p4 saying something about not compatible just pressed ok and it carried on till it said complete...calibrated IMU
went and test flew it 100% perfect steady as a rock
I followed this guide by my son..

[ The way I did it is probably different for what a lot of people say, but I’ve always updated my phantoms this way.

I plugged in my iPad and turned controller and iPad on. With no drone turned on.

I then updated the firmware on the controller and restarted it. Easy.

Then I turned iPad , controller and drone on and clicked the update firmware button on the go4 app home screen.

This told me to connect the device via the lead supplied. So I left everything turned on unplugged the usb from the rear of the controller and plugged it into the adapter lead and then the phantom. Then I thought I should turn everything off and back on. So I did.

Once all fired back up I pressed the update firmware button it started doing its thing.

I had 3 weird tings happen. But kept going and it said successfull.

1st and 2nd was a error message at around 94% it said something like this device is not compatible with the update. I clicked ok and it continued through to 95% then at 96% same error again I clicked on again and it continued to 97%.

Then at 97% the camera started going crazy up down left right side to side hard as well thought it was gonna snap but I had to let it go until it reaches 100% said successful or whatever and then turned everything off quick lol.

Fired it all up again and this time it said there was a geo fencing update. Did this in like 5 seconds restarted it all again and took it outside for a very quick test.]

since both of us updated been for a couple of flights using three batteries each the last day there was no wind at all both p4 hovered absolutely still and performed perfect even tested out the new enhanced option tripod mode and all other modes sport atti no issues at all both aircraft were purchased at the same place and time late April this year
Ricky
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules