1890 6 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

In Sydney at the moment and I am getting a lot of signal interference. Almost as soon as I fly the spark is saying signal interference turn off Bluetooth etc, not sure why it is doing this as I have never had this problem before.

FYI - latestest firmware, using remote control and WiFi 5.4ghz

Any thoughts on what the issues are would be great. Only thought I’ve got as I sit here and type this message is that I should have played with WiFi and checked other channels?
2017-10-7
Use props
SpeedCore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40604 ft
Austria

Try to set your device to flight mode and use an otg cable if you have one at hand. Also try to avoid big metal objects at takeoff and take a look at the kp-index (solar activity), which can take influence on your flight experience, too.
2017-10-7
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Check the wifi spectrum within the app and see if you're on 5.8g mode or 2.4g. I found that often in public areas wifi base stations were causing much interference.
2017-10-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

if i remember correctly from back when i owned a spark.. the way i compensated for weird issues was i did a controller relinking and used OTG.. basically turn on the drone.. let it complete boot and linking to RC as normal, then press and hold power button until it beeps once then let go and on controller;  press FN+pause+C1 until it rapidly beeps and keeps beeping.. once drone and RC relinked it should stop beeping and red led on controller goes back to green, then in theory it should be better,..
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please disable the bluetooth and change to another location without interference to check again.

Also, set the mobile device to flight mode will be helpful.
2017-10-7
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-7 02:06
Please disable the bluetooth and change to another location without interference to check again.

Also, set the mobile device to flight mode will be helpful.

Thanks Susan. Tried various locations, haven't tried the phone fully turned to flight mode yet though. interestingly I ran in to someone else flying a Dji Phanton 4 and he was having same issues, not sure if it is in some Sydney areas or we both ran in to the same problem. Will try it again now I am back home in Melbourne and see if I have any issues.

As for the other suggestions yes I use OTG but prefer to use wifi.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

larrymull Posted at 2017-10-8 01:37
Thanks Susan. Tried various locations, haven't tried the phone fully turned to flight mode yet though. interestingly I ran in to someone else flying a Dji Phanton 4 and he was having same issues, not sure if it is in some Sydney areas or we both ran in to the same problem. Will try it again now I am back home in Melbourne and see if I have any issues.

As for the other suggestions yes I use OTG but prefer to use wifi.

Noted with thanks! Please keep us posted of the latest progress.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules