4218 17 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c7853c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9256562 ft
Russia

Dear DJI!

I really must say that! I'm very much disappointed at your new software updates. I seriously doubt the code that your programmers commit is even reviewed.

1. Why on earth does someone need to change the direction in which the gimbal is adjusted?! Now, if you need to level the horizon, you will have to think twice what arrow (left or right) to tap. Also, in the last update the gimbal became less responsive (1 second lag).

2. Messages, messages! Who needs to be notified all the time that some dial is locked?! Is it helpuful to see the annoying message about the strong wind?

And quite the opposite: my remote controller started beeping, and no message explained something's wrong. I could find the solution only after googling a little (so intuitive!)

3. Every time you get a new update, all your settings are reset. Okay, although it's not the way a user interface should be desinged, I can understand it. However, can anybody tell me why file names must be reset every time the memory card is formatted (instead of using continuous file naming mode); why is this mode set BY DEFAULT?!

There's plenty more.

This makes me wanna disable any updates for good.
2017-10-7
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ill be avoiding any new updates in the future once i get my drone back from getting repaired after last update that is of course if the drone is flyable after they fix the firmware damage
2017-10-7
Use props
Ugene
lvl.1
Flight distance : 633556 ft
Brazil

I've flown my DJI several times after update, but maybe because I'm using an android phone didn't notice much difference, nor did I get the new active track option, maybe it didn't get upgraded, although it doesn't offer any latest software updates.
ANYWAY.  For the FIRST time, in over 17 hours of flying.  Drone got disconnected from remote today, when it was maybe 50 feet away from me.  And it was still on Gps mode, and even though all that it didn't fly home, but about 50 away (thank God in the opposite direction of a building and just lingered there for about 20 seconds (enough to give me a heart attack as this was in Rio and it was near one of those neighborhoods) and then it reconnected and I landed it.  I flew it one more time afterwords in an open space just to be safe and it was fine, but what happened has no explanation, neither does the flight data show any error or switch in mode.  I am very worried, so if anyone knows what may have happened in those short 20 seconds, please let me know.

Eugene
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sincerely sorry for all inconvenience. May I know which drone do you refer? The latest update will optimize some previous function and add some new features. Apologies if this bothers you.

As for the file name, please select the File Index Mode as Continuous before you format the SD card.
2017-10-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ugene Posted at 2017-10-7 14:39
I've flown my DJI several times after update, but maybe because I'm using an android phone didn't notice much difference, nor did I get the new active track option, maybe it didn't get upgraded, although it doesn't offer any latest software updates.
ANYWAY.  For the FIRST time, in over 17 hours of flying.  Drone got disconnected from remote today, when it was maybe 50 feet away from me.  And it was still on Gps mode, and even though all that it didn't fly home, but about 50 away (thank God in the opposite direction of a building and just lingered there for about 20 seconds (enough to give me a heart attack as this was in Rio and it was near one of those neighborhoods) and then it reconnected and I landed it.  I flew it one more time afterwords in an open space just to be safe and it was fine, but what happened has no explanation, neither does the flight data show any error or switch in mode.  I am very worried, so if anyone knows what may have happened in those short 20 seconds, please let me know.

'I am very worried, so if anyone knows what may have happened in those short 20 seconds, please let me know.'

Easy, because you were concentrating on the problem with the app crashing, the aircraft was sitting in the one place, as it should do, waiting for you to send it a command. Even though the app crashed, you can still manually fly the aircraft back to you. Or just press RTH. It would not have automatically return home because it had not actually lost the signal.
2017-10-7
Use props
Ugene
lvl.1
Brazil

Ugene Posted at 2017-10-7 14:39

DJI Mavic, drone is totally fine, but I know that it was a malfunction that could have resulted in serious injury and damage.  
2017-10-7
Use props
Ugene
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-7 19:53
I'm sincerely sorry for all inconvenience. May I know which drone do you refer? The latest update will optimize some previous function and add some new features. Apologies if this bothers you.

As for the file name, please select the File Index Mode as Continuous before you format the SD card.

I wasn't sure if you are talking to me, but if you are.  DJI Mavic, drone is totally fine, but I know that it was a malfunction that could have resulted in serious injury and damage.  
2017-10-7
Use props
Ugene
lvl.1
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-7 20:38
'I am very worried, so if anyone knows what may have happened in those short 20 seconds, please let me know.'

Easy, because you were concentrating on the problem with the app crashing, the aircraft was sitting in the one place, as it should do, waiting for you to send it a command. Even though the app crashed, you can still manually fly the aircraft back to you. Or just press RTH. It would not have automatically return home because it had not actually lost the signal.

Thank you so much.  Although the app may very well have crashed, remote control all of a sudden said connecting, which it has NEVER done before, and drone instead of returning to home shifted a little and was completely unresponsive until it reconnected with the remote and I manually landed it.  Whats funny is that I have a video of the whole thing, but when I look at the flight log, I have nothing since the remote got disconnected, not even a warning message.  Any thoughts? I really appreciate this help so much!
2017-10-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ugene Posted at 2017-10-7 20:56
Thank you so much.  Although the app may very well have crashed, remote control all of a sudden said connecting, which it has NEVER done before, and drone instead of returning to home shifted a little and was completely unresponsive until it reconnected with the remote and I manually landed it.  Whats funny is that I have a video of the whole thing, but when I look at the flight log, I have nothing since the remote got disconnected, not even a warning message.  Any thoughts? I really appreciate this help so much!

The flight log also exists in the aircraqft, you can connect a USB cable to the aircraft and download it. It should show the entire flight.

2017-10-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are two signals - the video downlink and the control signal.
It's normal for the video downlink to be lost before the control signal.
You simply lost the video downlink, your camera kept recording (because nothing turned it off) and you still had control signal to bring the drone back.
All completely normal.
2017-10-8
Use props
Ugene
lvl.1
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-8 18:01
There are two signals - the video downlink and the control signal.
It's normal for the video downlink to be lost before the control signal.
You simply lost the video downlink, your camera kept recording (because nothing turned it off) and you still had control signal to bring the drone back.

No, I lost the control, control said connecting connecting, which is NOT normal when the drone is less than 50 feet away.  
2017-10-9
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Susan, the diplomat mod wins the internet again!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Is it working at this time? Can you control the aircraft with the remote at this time?  What Labroides is saying is true. In fact, it is a common confusion that because there is no video signal, the remote is disconnected. Take a test flight but fly conservatively to see if you are getting the same issue. If you prefer, you can have a technician look at your aircraft. Finally, make sure your remote antenna is set up to receive maximum signal from the aircraft.
2017-10-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI,

We respectively DONT WANT NEW FEATURES, FIX THE STABILITY ISSUES BEFORE ALL ELSE.

Sincerely, a concerned hobbyist.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-10 17:26
Dear DJI,

We respectively DONT WANT NEW FEATURES, FIX THE STABILITY ISSUES BEFORE ALL ELSE.

Sir, what's the current issue of your drone? Could you be more specific for better assistance?
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 02:43
Sir, what's the current issue of your drone? Could you be more specific for better assistance?

What is pertinent is not my specific problems but the numerous issues regarding stability across all of dji's platforms.
2017-10-11
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I don't understand all the fuss?  Can anyone who was forced to update please speak up?

I've never done a single update on ANY of my DJI products....and I've never had a problem even with ZERO updates ever.   You heard me.  ALL my DJI products are on the firmware they came with and I don't miss a thing.  Just fun flying every time.

I bought these to fly , record video, take aerial images and they have exceeded my expectations across the board....right out of the BOX !

Thanks DJI !!
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 15:59
What is pertinent is not my specific problems but the numerous issues regarding stability across all of dji's platforms.

Complain can not solve any issue. As you know, there are many product lines which is consistent of hardware and software. Be specific of the issue will be helpful to figure it out. Please ignore this if you do not want to solve it.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules