Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to calibrate from DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6
4613 27 2017-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shamot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515246 ft
Czechia

Hello,

I tried to calibrate my P4A+ using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6.
Every time I click the Calibration I get the circle turning forever next to "Calibrate now" button which is greyed out and never become clicable.

This is what I did:

1) Complete uninstall and reinstall of DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6
2) digital signing disabled
3) changed resolution
4) complete Windows 10 reinstall - few times
5) turning off and on the bird - many times

I'm running Windows 10 with only one monitor. I have no other issues but with DJI software.

All the effort without success. I've tested to get it work with Win 10 with creators update and also with another Windows 10 version prior creators update (I have 2 installation sources).

I double checked the driver is installed properly, it is without any warning or errors, everything seems to be installed without problems.

Please fix your software ASAP as I see there are more people having serious issues with it. Working as IT engineer I've not seen such a problematic software as DJI is providing. I don't know what to do now as I've spent couple of hours of reinstalling Windows, DJI Assistant and fidling with everyting else but without success. I suppose I will have to contant the local DJI dealer to bring the bird in to calibrate it somehow.

DJI, can I be someone helful to provide you with some log files or try to connect with teamviewer to investigate what's the source of the problem so that you can fix your software ASAP ? I think I've reached the dead end with this and my P4A+ is telling me It should be calibrated with DJI Assistant . What shall I do ?

Please don't suggest to borrow someone else's PC. I'm using dozens of other software for many years without any issue.
Can you help me please ?

assistant2.png
2017-10-7
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Did you try to restart the drone and after that to try again? And second, when reinstalling DJI assistant 2, try to remove all program files left from dji assistant directory and also in program data (hidden folder in root of the system drive) and in local settings/app data (also hidden)? In other words, clean everything left from the program
2017-10-7
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-7 11:26
Did you try to restart the drone and after that to try again? And second, when reinstalling DJI assistant 2, try to remove all program files left from dji assistant directory and also in program data (hidden folder in root of the system drive) and in local settings/app data (also hidden)? In other words, clean everything left from the program

yes I tried, like I wrote I also tried to reinstall whole Windows 10 operating system.
2017-10-7
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

shamot Posted at 2017-10-7 11:39
yes I tried, like I wrote I also tried to reinstall whole Windows 10 operating system.

At last, you can refresh your aircraft firmware and give it a try?
2017-10-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would it be worth disabling real time scanning if you have a virus killer installed. I've had no problems running Assistant 2 on Windows 10 creator version. I did not need to disable driver signature check. Has worked with my P4 and Mavic updates.
I most likely ran the Assistant 2 download 'Run as Administrator' (Right click on installation file) for installation.

Other that these I can think of nothing else to try other than complete reboots of all.
2017-10-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Try keeping the SD card out while hooked to Assistant 2.

In Windows 10 Device Manager, when you plug in the P4A+ does Device Manager open another device shown?  If it does, right click and do the "Install driver manually" in the selections from where Assistant 2>Drivers is located in Program Files (x86).  Reboot Windows, bird, and try again.

Could also be the firmware in the bird is messed up and maybe doing a Refresh of it would help too, before going to the Calibration screen.  I'd also kill any Firewall or Antivirus too  before trying.

2017-10-7
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-7 11:51
Would it be worth disabling real time scanning if you have a virus killer installed. I've had no problems running Assistant 2 on Windows 10 creator version. I did not need to disable driver signature check. Has worked with my P4 and Mavic updates.
I most likely ran the Assistant 2 download 'Run as Administrator' (Right click on installation file) for installation.

I did reset to factory defaults of FW.
Did also turn off the real-time protection
I always tried to run the Assistant with "run ad Administrator"

still no luck

Because of problems other users have when upgrading/downgrading firmwares from Assistant software I'm a bit afraid of trying to refresh the firmware completely. I'll try to run Assistant at my office on Monday if this won't be with the same result I will contact the local dealer.
2017-10-7
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

I'd like to see some statement from DJI. I could send them some logs if it'd help to diagnose the issue.
2017-10-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shamot Posted at 2017-10-7 12:12
I did reset to factory defaults of FW.
Did also turn off the real-time protection
I always tried to run the Assistant with "run ad Administrator"

It is a strange one, it's connecting to the aircraft OK (Green tick 'MC Output'). A refresh will simply reload whatever the current firmware is, so shouldn't do any harm. Trying it from another computer on Monday might at least verify if the problem is related to the computer, aircraft or its firmware. SD card ? I'm not sure if it uses that or not as temporary storage when updating aircraft, but I've read some instances where updates are done without SD card installed. So that might not matter.

Good luck on Monday :-)
2017-10-7
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-7 12:33
It is a strange one, it's connecting to the aircraft OK (Green tick 'MC Output'). A refresh will simply reload whatever the current firmware is, so shouldn't do any harm. Trying it from another computer on Monday might at least verify if the problem is related to the computer, aircraft or its firmware. SD card ? I'm not sure if it uses that or not as temporary storage when updating aircraft, but I've read some instances where updates are done without SD card installed. So that might not matter.

thanks ;) the thing with SD card also crossed my mind so I tried to connect the bird with and without the card. Is seems it makes no difference.
2017-10-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shamot Posted at 2017-10-7 12:36
thanks ;) the thing with SD card also crossed my mind so I tried to connect the bird with and without the card. Is seems it makes no difference.

That rules out the SD card then, also make sure the batteries are all fully charged I think things can go pear shaped if the battery goes below 50% charge.
2017-10-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

From my experience, you need Driver Signature Enforcement off both when you install Asistant 2 and when you want to run it to do a VPS calibration. The driver which is not installed otherwise is key in some PC configurations to allow two-way communication between PC and craft I.e. so Assistant knows where the sensors are looking. Is enforcement off prior to running Assistant, or just off when you installed it?
2017-10-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Fwiw, I just got the "Precise Update" notice on starting up the Inspire 2 using an iPad.  I hit OK after I plugged in the DJI cable from the iPad to the drone along with a OTG adapter and it refused to update.  Usually the iPad will make a "Bong" noise when it connects to something using the DJI included cable and Lightning adapter, but it didn't work.  Air turned purple for a lot of fussing with the "Precise update" that refused to take.

I found another cable off the iPad charger and plugged it from the iPad into the drone and heard the "Bong."  Started GO 4 again and got the "Precise Update" message and hit OK and it took and went to the Download screen and installed.

So have you tried another cable?
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please refer below and try to export the files for analysis.

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant/calibration_signal_log.txt
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant\vision/cali_conf.txt
2017-10-7
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-7 20:10

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant/calibration_signal_log.txt

I'm uploading the logs you asked me. I've noticed the calibration_signal_log.txt file gets overwritten with each USB connection so I'm attaching two logs with different behavior of Assistant 2 application - once I got reboot the aircraft message (which sometimes I get few times in row even when I reboot the drone), then the circle next to "Calibrate now" button was turning forever.

The second log you are mentioning is not there (see the screenshots)

logs:
https://app.box.com/s/4npm72fsbwnwrteex9vtax8gte1o3yqk
https://app.box.com/s/xk0nuh2d7u27x7lrqgbrfekcozmtlexb
files2.png
files.png
2017-10-8
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-7 14:21
From my experience, you need Driver Signature Enforcement off both when you install Asistant 2 and when you want to run it to do a VPS calibration. The driver which is not installed otherwise is key in some PC configurations to allow two-way communication between PC and craft I.e. so Assistant knows where the sensors are looking. Is enforcement off prior to running Assistant, or just off when you installed it?

I turned off the dirver signature enforcements permanently with "bcdedit /set testsigning on". Since then my Windows 10 are in testing mode. I've installed the Assistant in this mode and I run the application in this mode too. I always run application as well as installation in "run as administrator" mode.
2017-10-8
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

I also tried to reinstall to Windows 7 with the same results.

This is the calibration_signal_log.txt from Windows 7:

2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  pattern resolution: 1318x900
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  current resolution: 1680x952
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  before_init -> before_init, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  enter P4Calibration::run() main loop
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  guess screen failed 311
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  guess screen diag inch: -1.000000
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  before_init -> initialization, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  init failed, cam open retcode: 31
2017-10-08 13:32:12 err:  open camera fail:311
2017-10-08 13:32:12 log:  initialization -> before_init, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  pattern resolution: 1318x900
2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  current resolution: 1680x952
2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  guess screen failed 311
2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  guess screen diag inch: -1.000000
2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  before_init -> initialization, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  initialization -> init_done, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:14 log:  query_screen_size_matched: false
2017-10-08 13:32:15 emit: set_cam_imgs first time!
2017-10-08 13:32:29 log:  init_done -> before_init, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2017-10-08 13:32:29 log:  Camera Reading Error
2017-10-8
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

If you manage to pass this to your software engineers and if they try to fix it I am willing to test some alpha/beta/rc version of new Assistant 2 software. I can test on both Windows 10 and Windows 7.
2017-10-8
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-7 12:33

About SD card, the drone have 4Gb of internal memory to store data and I think is using it when upgrading, not the sd card Peace and fly safe
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shamot Posted at 2017-10-8 03:20
I'm uploading the logs you asked me. I've noticed the calibration_signal_log.txt file gets overwritten with each USB connection so I'm attaching two logs with different behavior of Assistant 2 application - once I got reboot the aircraft message (which sometimes I get few times in row even when I reboot the drone), then the circle next to "Calibrate now" button was turning forever.

The second log you are mentioning is not there (see the screenshots)

Noted with thanks! I will forward to our engineers for review.
2017-10-11
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1791768 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly this error too, however I have recently bought a new desktop PC and my troubles started when trying to calibrate my P4 with this new PC.

I'm wondering if the different monitor causes the error as I can still carry out the calibration from my slightly older works laptop.

Reckoner
2017-10-11
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 03:21
Noted with thanks! I will forward to our engineers for review.

Thank you,

you can also point out there is a following essential issue when entering to calibration menu resets calibration data of visual system of drone before new calibration data is gathered:

1) my drone has no problem with vision system calibration data (reporting as normal in status)
2) I try to enter the calibration in Assistant 2
3) calibration can not be started for some reason (as reported) disabled
4) my P4A+ reports error with calibration data and needs to be calibrated.

Result: User is at the dead end because the previous visual data was apparently removed by Assistent 2 and new data can not be gather during a calibration process because of Assistant 2 malfunction.

Calibration program SHALL NOT delete any calibration data in the bird before it's sure new data is gathered and stored to bird again.

Thank you

2017-10-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Reckoner Posted at 2017-10-11 22:29
I have exactly this error too, however I have recently bought a new desktop PC and my troubles started when trying to calibrate my P4 with this new PC.

I'm wondering if the different monitor causes the error as I can still carry out the calibration from my slightly older works laptop.

Hi. Don't know if you missed this detail earlier or in other posts, but I resolved this by:

Uninstall Assistant 2 - we're going for a clean install here;
Reboot the PC with driver signature enforcement off - do this by holding down the Shift key and clicking Restart at bottom left of desktop screen;
Allow PC to reboot in Trouble Shooting mode, selecting Option 7 for disabling driver signature enforcement;
Run the Assistant 2 executable in Admin mode - right click on file and select "run as admin";
Towards the end of the installation a DOS box will open and ask if you want to install some unsigned drivers. Say Yes to do that (if running the PC as normal, installation of these files would simply be ignored);
On installation completion, run Assistant 2 as normal in Admin mode again (don't reboot the PC prior, as I find I need to have driver enforcement disabled each time I want to do a VPS calibration);
Run the Calibration function. You may still a 'Frame alignment error", but you should be able to click on the Calibrate button now.

One of the files which aren't normally installed - there were two for me - is a Vision sys file. The Vision driver, as I understand it, is responsible to the two-way connection between the VPS sensor and Assistant 2 (and where the sensor is looking on the screen).

Try that. I hope it works for you.
2017-10-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Reckoner Posted at 2017-10-11 22:29

Yes it does, the calibration is designed to work in 1080p , so If you have a higher resolution set on your monitor it doesn't work

2017-10-12
Use props
djiuser_J2kJ5a0g5IVC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74209 ft
Greece

Hi there.....I have a Mavic Pro for the past 4 months and since I installed Dji Assitant2, I have tried many times to calibrate VPS but it was not possible. Exactly as described here. The "Next" button returns to ghost and the message "Reboot your drone" is on but with no further action. I have tried almost everything and lately, I do have some serious issues with my speed in P-mode which is not more than 6km/h when the Forward obstacle avoidance sensors are on. If I will disable them, then it runs on 50km/h and in S-mode, more than 60km/h.
So, I tried to "chat" with Dji support and they insist that it is a hardware failure and I must open a repair case.
Any better idea?
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_J2kJ5a0g5IVC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74209 ft
Greece

djiuser_J2kJ5a0g5IVC Posted at 12-31 14:29
Hi there.....I have a Mavic Pro for the past 4 months and since I installed Dji Assitant2, I have tried many times to calibrate VPS but it was not possible. Exactly as described here. The "Next" button returns to ghost and the message "Reboot your drone" is on but with no further action. I have tried almost everything and lately, I do have some serious issues with my speed in P-mode which is not more than 6km/h when the Forward obstacle avoidance sensors are on. If I will disable them, then it runs on 50km/h and in S-mode, more than 60km/h.
So, I tried to "chat" with Dji support and they insist that it is a hardware failure and I must open a repair case.
Any better idea?

Buy the way, I have the same issues when I try to calibrate my RC. It just do not move.......
2018-12-31
Use props
fansf2ea7926
New

Brazil

Hello, does anyone know how to solve the problem of the Dji 4 app with iPhone 8? I already updated and uninstalled the app, but it did not help. If anyone can help me thank you?
2019-1-4
Use props
fansf2ea7926
New

Brazil

Hello, does anyone know how to solve the problem of the Dji 4 app with iPhone 8? I already updated and uninstalled the app, but it did not help. If anyone can help me thank you?
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules