1000 6 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sf8VrfNrKGpT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1896 ft
Sweden

Hi,

My battery seems to have 2 cracks. I have DJI Care Refresh, but do I really need to send in the mavic as well? Seems unreasonble?

It says, when I go through the steps.:

1. To reduce turnaround time, please mark "purchased DJI Care" on your package.
2.If you have purchased DJI CARE REFRESH for your MAvic pro, please send the battery together with the aircraft and gimbal camera back to DJI for analysis.
3.If you have purchased DJI CARE, please send the aircraft and gimal back to DJI for Analysis.

I have checked the drone very throughly and it does not have any cracks.
2017-10-8
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

First question that pops up is "why does the battery have 2 cracks?".  Due to a crash? defect of the battery itself or defect of battery inflicted by MP? If you have crahed the MP it is better that it is checked by DJI for damage, if battery has cracks inflicted by MP, a new battery will be damaged again by MP...  If you have more then 1 battery and the other battery is without cracks, no need to send in battery with MP... (my personal opinion)
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

If the drone is fine, no crash, no hard landing and no cracks, just send the battery in.
2017-10-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

There were several batteries and cases in the earlier shipments.  I have one of the batteries, and I saw a few pictures of similar ones posted on the forum.  In the case of this battery, it appears something sharp is trying to poke through from the inside.  I suspect it is a solder tab used to series/parallel the cells and isn't properly dressed.  This one is about a year old, pre-ordered from a dealer, and picked up in December of last year.  Manufactured in November, I believe.
2017-10-8
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Did you send in the MP or just the battery?
2017-10-24
Use props
ofekmavic
New

Israel

hi,
i have the same problem with my mavic pro. 2 cracks on the battery, it seems to look like a defect.
is it possible to get a new battery? is that even safe to fly with those cracks?

2018-3-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Can the OP post a picture of the crack on the battery?  If it is what I think it is, it IS the terminal for one of the two high current leads to the battery under the PC board.  Take a look at this post   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&fromuid=66320.  You can see the 4 LEDs running vertically in the picture and above them is a white round piece that is the power button.  One of my battery cases has a protrusion (kind of a pimple crack) right above one of the high current large wire terminals.

I don't worry about the crack.  It has never caused a problem with it in the 15 months I've had the drone and it is on my "primary" battery that is used the most.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules