Does anyone with Android NOT have problems with the go app?
2984 24 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

I get on average one app crash per battery. I'm flying along, and all of the sudden the screen goes black, and then I'm back on my home screen. It doesn't matter if I'm using Wi-Fi or OTG to connect to my RC. It happened 3 times today. Does NOT inspire confidence.
2017-10-8
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the time, it is almost impossible to enjoy flying spark without an OTG cable, I spend all the time trying to restart the app, one time per battery is pretty good in my opinion I'm lucky to get 60 second.  When app is open the video is broken and at times running 5-10 seconds late.  Horrible on an LGG4 and a Samsung Tablet.  Almost perfect all the time with OTG.  Everything is up to date.  So yeah something is wrong with the App on Android.  My belief system does not allow me to buy apple products...horrible situation!!  Love the OTG cable.
2017-10-8
Use props
rick_od
lvl.1
United States

Never have it happen on mine.
2017-10-8
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually have no problems with my Galaxy S7 Edge, but as stated by others, I too use OTG.  I found that using 5.8Ghz for RC transmission is quite unusable.  In some testing I've done with 2.4Ghz, behavior has been much improved, but I need to do more tests, and my flight opportunities have been limited.
2017-10-8
Use props
fansf0280671
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123064 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a Samsung S5 and only occasionally have video transmission and lag issues and when I do these are related to Bluetooth being on - if i can remember I usually turn off prior to any flight, my son has an Iphone 7 and he has a similar issue with Bluetooth. We both have Garmin Vivofit's so I have put it down to  the Bluetooth communication with the smart watches that is causing the issue. Neither of us use OTG.
2017-10-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-8 15:20
All the time, it is almost impossible to enjoy flying spark without an OTG cable, I spend all the time trying to restart the app, one time per battery is pretty good in my opinion I'm lucky to get 60 second.  When app is open the video is broken and at times running 5-10 seconds late.  Horrible on an LGG4 and a Samsung Tablet.  Almost perfect all the time with OTG.  Everything is up to date.  So yeah something is wrong with the App on Android.  My belief system does not allow me to buy apple products...horrible situation!!  Love the OTG cable.

The LGG4 got me trouble, too. Video lag, only otg with luck.
I think, it is the last firmware on that phone.
LG did reduce the CPU performance with it.

Since I am on an OP5, I am having little to no problems with the Go app
Dont even need to restart after batterie changes.
2017-10-8
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find that with OTG once connected It is steady until I turn of the RC.  Gone through 4 batteries without any issues, just waiting for Spark to boot and get wifi turned on so RC can connect then my PreCheck, hover and move test and back out.
2017-10-8
Use props
Toto Habschned
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40384 ft
Germany

Using a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 for the Spark with the stock ROM. So far i haven't had any app crashes (no matter if connected via WiFi or OTG), just the occasional laggy video when flying a bit further than ~150m. What's more a concern to me is the amount of battery the app consumes.
2017-10-8
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

App crash is something rare to me about 4 crashes in 270 flights....Many problems with image lag image disconnect, image transmition weak,no signal in app but foul control of the drone....Theese problems are in daily basis
2017-10-8
Use props
LX2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37477 ft
Netherlands

Almost no problems, with OTG.
2017-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Anuvis Posted at 2017-10-8 23:13
App crash is something rare to me about 4 crashes in 270 flights....Many problems with image lag image disconnect, image transmition weak,no signal in app but foul control of the drone....Theese problems are in daily basis

I don't have crashes per se, but I have multiple connection issues between the phone and the RC (even though the RC still remain in control of the Spark).
I blame it on my phone which is very old, I mean geriatric really... (LG G3) I still have to see how it would work with a newer, more powerful phone, before I blame the app.
2017-10-8
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

I have an OnePlus 3, no problems, hence the usal European WiFi-Bug. Both RC and direct link to AC are no problem, when I press the WiFi-button on spark for 9 seconds everytime I put it online.
2017-10-8
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Using Xiaomi mi6 without OTG and have no problems.
2017-10-9
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 7.0): no problems so far. I'm using wifi (5,8GHz). Some weak image transmission messages though. Haven't tried with another device up to now.
2017-10-9
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-8 23:23
I don't have crashes per se, but I have multiple connection issues between the phone and the RC (even though the RC still remain in control of the Spark).
I blame it on my phone which is very old, I mean geriatric really... (LG G3) I still have to see how it would work with a newer, more powerful phone, before I blame the app.

i have htc 10 and htc one m8 ....Pretty powerful phones .....The same results on both....
2017-10-9
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

Samsung Galaxy S8 - literally never had a single app crash with WiFi or with OTG.
2017-10-9
Use props
phlhAdR6qLf3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54780 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Samsung Galaxy S7 - I've had one app crash so far. I've got about 10 hours of flight time.
2017-10-9
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

No problems so far. the only hiccup i encounter is video lag. using 2.4ghz, OTG or WiFi, Oneplus 3
2017-10-9
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

i get occasional video lag, especially in sport mode, but i never get video disconnect.  that isn't my problem.  it's the app crash.  it happens CONSTANTLY.  this is a Motorola Droid Turbo2.  not lacking processing power at all.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It might be a compatible issue. You can try to reinstall the app, switching the mobile device to airplane mode, shutting down other apps that don't need and see if these works.
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-10-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-8 18:25
I find that with OTG once connected It is steady until I turn of the RC.  Gone through 4 batteries without any issues, just waiting for Spark to boot and get wifi turned on so RC can connect then my PreCheck, hover and move test and back out.

After turning of RC, I always "kill" the App, too. It is stabil as long plugging the OTG cabel into the RC starts the  Go4 App
2017-10-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems using my Moto G5. Tons of problems using my old Blu phone.
2017-10-10
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

No problems with my OnePlus5 + FFC mod, no OTA, I do 2 km range with Windsurfer on the RC in EU
2017-10-11
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

No problems with Sony Xperia M5 via wifi connection (no otg and remote) to Spark - no crashes but it lost signal when dron is 30-40 m from phone. During 1 month only one time app crashed. and one time disconnected from dron so quite nice result.
2017-10-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

one issue with android is almost zero consistency.  which to be fair, is as expected when you have so many different hardware platforms, devices and modified roms for every single update.  some people who claim that stock android (completely stock) has no issues, but even that can be hit or miss depending on other apps/settings and security features...  

iOS has a vastly more stable experience because its controlled  and highly optimized for same level of consistency every time..

this is not to start some flamewars.  my experience with android has been terrible, absolutely a mess.  even an older ios device with a processor from 2013 (A7 cpus) has a much more consistent experience than my fairly new Samsung S8.  my S8 will just straight up crash at seemingly random with Dji go 4 application, i tried everything, sometimes it works entire flight session, but 99% of the time it wont, it crash multiple times in a single flight session with my mavic, dont even get me started on how bad it was with spark and wifi, i was forced to use OTG or deal with flyaways or nearly constant connection interruptions and horrible lag in live view.  im sure it may have been improved but the experience already tainted for me, i have little to no desire to continue using android in such conditions.. with my iPad mini 2 however it was very usable, acceptable and consistent, no app crashes, and the delay from live view is consistent and very low on wifi or OTG with the spark but was always better (especially with older hardware) using OTG on the spark..  now i have mavic and i refuse to put my $1000 drone up on android anymore, i had a few close calls from app crashes, i could have been safer if i was using iOS..so that's what i do now.

that being said, if you can, get a dedicated device for flying, find right device and stick to it as dedicated flying device, then its less likely to get screwy with other apps potentially interfering..  that's what i did, its worth $150-$200 to have a ultra stable dedicated device..
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules