App does not support this video file: Message on DJI Go App
4971 4 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert91109
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241293 ft

United States

I recently took some footage on my Phantom 4 Pro and decided to use the DJI Go Editor from the Phantom Controller to edit what I had taken. I turned on the controller clicked on: EDITOR> Create Film> SD Card and tried to choose the clips I wanted, but every video I clicked gave a message of “App does not support this video file”. I have all the latest firmware, no corrupt files, and everything else I can think of. My SD Card is a SanDisk Extreme 64GB Class 3 which is compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro.      

I’m not sure if this is a problem caused by me having some type of video setting not compatible with the editor or just a bug that needs to be fixed in a update as soon as possible. My Video Settings:
Video Size: 4K 60Fps at 3840x2160
Video Format: MP4
NTSC/PAL: NTSC
White Balance: AWB Auto
Style: None
Color: None
Encoding Format: H.264

If more detailed info is needed please feel free to ask.

2017-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Copy the files off the SD card onto a recent model computer and edit them there. But you will have problems with 4K @ 60 pfs, as very few programs can handle those files. You will need a good computer and a good high-end editing program.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI GO 4 doesn't support 4K video. I would recommend you to use PC to edit these high quality videos.
2017-10-8
Use props
sms14411
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111621 ft

United States

I have the same issue using my Phantom 3.  I recorded MP4 File and the dji video editor does not recognize its format.
2020-4-12
Use props
KennethMcNutt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378386 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 18:49
DJI GO 4 doesn't support 4K video. I would recommend you to use PC to edit these high quality videos.

Does Go 3 have this issue also?
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules