Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark lost connection and then disappeared. Spark still lost!
20672 77 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-15 05:48
It’s pretty easy this one, he lost signal as a result of flying behind very large tower as he was more than 100 metres from home no obstacle avoidance he crashed into tower as it was much higher than his altitude at the time.

Coordinates  53.58554022        9.93842397        that’s where AC is.

Op , thanks to Hallmark , AC must have landed in someones balcony in the apartment block, if you know the RTH you can figure out what floor to ask on.
2017-10-21
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-15 11:51
You are top hallmark007! Thanks to you it might still be possible to recover the lost Spark.

For sure sparky crashed cuz its more than 100m in RTH. I can only gues but this building has many window - check if he didnt fall in to it or is laying on window sill    [click]
2017-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 07:13
Op , thanks to Hallmark , AC must have landed in someones balcony in the apartment block, if you know the RTH you can figure out what floor to ask on.

I think op realizes his mistake and may already have found where his spark is, it’s just a pity he doesn’t come back and tell the conclusion to his story.
2017-10-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-22 01:33
I think op realizes his mistake and may already have found where his spark is, it’s just a pity he doesn’t come back and tell the conclusion to his story.

Yes, that's a pity indeed!
2017-10-22
Use props
fansc4b0c4e6
lvl.1

South Korea

My DJI SPARK lost connection after updating the new software and flew away by itself hitting on a cliff and falling into the water. Unable to retrieve it. I thought there was suppose to have a safety obstruction of 2.0m?
2017-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc4b0c4e6 Posted at 2017-11-3 15:56
My DJI SPARK lost connection after updating the new software and flew away by itself hitting on a cliff and falling into the water. Unable to retrieve it. I thought there was suppose to have a safety obstruction of 2.0m?

Can you upload your log to link below and follow instructions come back here and post your link. Might help understand what might have happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-11-3
Use props
henry_neves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20554 ft
United Kingdom

My Spark did something similar and I was unable to find it.

I've uploaded my flight log here if anybody can help me? http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Q0E1NTMNLC7RLJ6E78V5/

I took off with everything green, shortly after take off it started giving me warnings so I tried to bring it down. However, every command I gave it it seemed to do the opposite. I stopped pressing anything and it still kept flying away. I pressed RTH and then it lost connection completely, that was the last I saw of it.

Any help please!
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

henry_neves Posted at 2018-1-27 06:15
My Spark did something similar and I was unable to find it.

I've uploaded my flight log here if anybody can help me? http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Q0E1NTMNLC7RLJ6E78V5/

First we have seen quite a few of these so called flyaways, what causes them is debatable, looking at your take off point it could have effected your compass causing aircraft to suffer yaw error and then compass error Aircraft goes into Atti mode and is basically free flying unless pilot can fly it to safety which is always tricky in Atti mode but possible once your in line of sight and wind is not to strong.

When you seen yaw error you should have tried to lower aircraft to try and land safely, you weren’t to far from homepoint, you actually raised aircraft , I’m not sure why, when you eventually went into Atti mode no gps you let off the sticks your Aircraft will only do one thing drift on the wind and try to land on critical battery , so because you had 90% battery this spark could be a long way away.

I would be interested to know when you last calibrated your compass and also from what type of ground and surroundings you took off from.

In saying all of above, lately I have seen dji award warranty for similar cases like yours particularly because your envoirment was reasonably safe and because I think they are not 100% on top of why yaw error is showing up so late in flight, so I think you should have a reasonable chance of receiving a new drone from dji.

First you should sync your flight to dji cloud, contact support and get a case number, when you have a case number you should try contact a mod here and see will the try to escalate your case.

I wish you luck my friend and hope it works out.
2018-1-27
Use props
henry_neves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks very much hallmark007.

I've done that and got a request number 962415. I'm guessing that's not a case number though. Can any mods escalate this?

Yes, I guess I panicked slightly. I had flown it quite a few times though, and this was something I hadn't experienced before. I had calibrated the compass about 3 flights prior to this.
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

henry_neves Posted at 2018-1-29 00:24
Thanks very much hallmark007.

I've done that and got a request number 962415. I'm guessing that's not a case number though. Can any mods escalate this?

No problem hope you get sorted soon.
2018-1-29
Use props
TripleMaXXX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40971 ft
Germany

my spark is still lost. i looked everywhere :-(
2018-1-29
Use props
Epyonz
lvl.1
Canada

Another day, another pilot error and blaming of DJI.

When will I see posts from pilots here that have 0 issues with flying their sparks?
2018-1-29
Use props
henry_neves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Epyonz Posted at 2018-1-29 10:23
Another day, another pilot error and blaming of DJI.

When will I see posts from pilots here that have 0 issues with flying their sparks?

Well, DJI have analysed my flight data and determined it was their error. Giving me a 100% off voucher for a new Spark :-)

Thanks so much for your help guys!
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Reading DJI Refresh translated terms I am wondering what cases DJI Refresh does cover?
If it was device fault and not the pilot, shouldn't regular warranty on product cover it?
What are the cases that DJI Refresh is actually good for?
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 04:54
Reading DJI Refresh translated terms I am wondering what cases DJI Refresh does cover?
If it was device fault and not the pilot, shouldn't regular warranty on product cover it?
What are the cases that DJI Refresh is actually good for?

Yes warranty covers all malfunction so if this occurs you would not use Care refresh .
Care refresh covers pilot error, ie if you crash into a wall, drop your drone, it also covers water damage, but you must recover your drone, care refresh won’t cover anything unless you have the crashed and damaged drone including gimbal/Camera to return , you can do this twice in a 12 month period.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Sounds fair enough....
2018-2-1
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Can you please upload the flight log so we can investigate?
2018-2-1
Use props
Epyonz
lvl.1
Canada

henry_neves Posted at 2018-2-1 04:44
Well, DJI have analysed my flight data and determined it was their error. Giving me a 100% off voucher for a new Spark :-)

Not you, I'm talking about OP. Congrats on getting your spark replaced though.
2018-2-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 05:38
Yes warranty covers all malfunction so if this occurs you would not use Care refresh .
Care refresh covers pilot error, ie if you crash into a wall, drop your drone, it also covers water damage, but you must recover your drone, care refresh won’t cover anything unless you have the crashed and damaged drone including gimbal/Camera to return , you can do this twice in a 12 month period.

The first accessories Spark pilots should buy is a mask, snorkel, and swim fins.  Solve the whole, "I can't recover it but I want a new one for free" threads.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-1 09:00
The first accessories Spark pilots should buy is a mask, snorkel, and swim fins.  Solve the whole, "I can't recover it but I want a new one for free" threads.

Or scuba diving gear and start business or recovering Sparks for little compensation in a very professional manner.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

henry_neves Posted at 2018-2-1 04:44

Great news hope your back in the air soon.
2018-2-1
Use props
Simon Raath
New

South Africa

My Spark, 2nd spark. Had to return first one as never went anywhere. this time i was flying above my house and garden then lost signal to it. saw it flying allmover the sky but then vanished. used find my drone but it was not there, looked for hours. what domi do as i feelmi am owed a replacement, they not cheap and i saved f9r ages to by it to film my wedding, which i am now unable to do. please help!!
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_TI0y3tp1gbKP
New

United States

TripleMaXXX Posted at 2017-10-9 09:02
I tried the RTH Button, but since the connection was lost the controller could not send the return to home signal to the spark. The spark also did not return to the starting point (which was susessfull set on takeof) and the Spark did also not stay put on the las known position. Thats why i couldn't find it. It looks like a bug in the software which causes the spark to dissapear.

The exact same thing happened to me. My spark is somewhere in the mountains of Montana.  We looked for jours but no luck.  
2018-12-5
Use props
djiuser_JmQRwmZW6dJ5
New

India

Hi sorry to hear, same thing happened to me as i was flying spark on hill side. It suddenly disconnected with RC and didn't come to RTH point that was recorded.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_3VY6y2K9ZJou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62221 ft
Canada

This happened to me yesterday and mine is still missing
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3VY6y2K9ZJou Posted at 12-16 03:26
This happened to me yesterday and mine is still missing

Hi, sorry about the lost drone. Please sync your flight records using the DJI Go 4 app. Make sure that the incident date is included when syncing the flight records and contact our support for further evaluation. Kindly refer to the link for further help. Keep us posted if you need our assistance.

www.dji.com/support
2018-12-16
Use props
fans8210352b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-12 06:34
The issue is big. Dji is not handling this properly and users in this forum usually attribute all these things to pilot error. The Spark is advertised as an 'easy' and 'friendly' family / selfie drone, no one is stating when bying one that you need to have a pre-flight check list like NASA...

Wifi and GPS losses, RC to Spark connection issues are quite normal, I don't know why a formal recall has not been issued.

I’m NOT a Dji  fanboy therefore I will reply.

If people can’t be bothered to to a few pre flight checks (satellites, gps signal etc) then they shouldn’t be flying these drones in the first place.  It takes seconds to check that certain conditions have been met.  If they can’t be bothered then they should accept the risks, it’s as simple as that.

We  are supposed to check our cars for correct oil levels and tyre pressures on a very regular basis but let’s be honest most of us don’t.  So, when our engines seize or our tyres suffer blow out do we expect the car manufacturers to replace what we’ve lost?  No, we don’t.

There is no difference.

Oh and by the way, I’ve never had a single issue with my spark......but then I take a few seconds before each flight to do a couple of checks.

2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-19
Use props
carefree1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 12-19 23:25
Don't be so arrogant and don't be so sure about your 'pilot skills'. Many folks follow a check list like the bible. The wifi channel in the Spark is the main problem because 5.8Ghz is useless in EU. The only workaround is to fool the GPS to think you are not in Europe so it can switch to FCC mode. Inform yourself before replying to others because you assume it will never happen to you. Fly-aways and constant disconnects have always been an issue an never fixed 100%. Specially if you are living in the city center were there's tons of interference it is very difficult to mantain a logical connection. I could barley fly more than 100m without starting to lose the drone and I consider myself quite familiar with drones (Mavic, Spark, Phantom III and now M2P). There are 100s of posts in this forum talking about this issue. i sold the Spark because of it.

Hahaha I’m not being arrogant mate I’m just giving you my take on it.  If you don’t like it then do one.

I always do my checks and ive had no issues, if that somehow offends you then tough.

I love my spark and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to others, it’s not my fault if you had a bad experience with it, perhaps you aren’t as good a pilot as you clearly think you are.

Get over it you idiot.

2018-12-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-24
Use props
Aishiki
lvl.1

Australia

Hahahaha, already with wings!
2018-12-27
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

before you fly the drone did you check that everything was up to date ?
2018-12-27
Use props
fans0dc1d2dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86391 ft
Mexico

To bad to hear this, it hurts cause is a great toy, I am in Mexico and I just loose mine due to an “unknown error code 110 cant lift off”, but It did! and crash with a boat in front of the dock where I was flying and flew backwards straight to the water , not sure what happen and I could not retrieve it yet. I will also like a new one I’m not sure what I have to do, here is a screen shot. So if anyone can point me in the right direction  I will appreciate it a lot.
Happy flying!

2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_Gdnff5rndkaE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1432831 ft
United States

My spark also flew away on Friday 1-18-2019. Went thru the ck.list. Got the GPS  signal, set the home point, ok to launch.  15 feet up lost signal, could not control in atti mode. Think I  heard  message compass is off, after that no controll.  Still lost . Help
2019-1-20
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Crap, that sucks.
2019-2-7
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

TripleMaXXX Posted at 2017-10-9 09:02
I tried the RTH Button, but since the connection was lost the controller could not send the return to home signal to the spark. The spark also did not return to the starting point (which was susessfull set on takeof) and the Spark did also not stay put on the las known position. Thats why i couldn't find it. It looks like a bug in the software which causes the spark to dissapear.

If only the home point was not set by SPARK during take off will result in a situation like yours.
You must guarantee the home point was set before any long flights. Becos if a disconnection from both devices occurs ,the Spark must return home in such an event with its set onboard home coordinates.
2019-2-15
Use props
Jstclair360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11394 ft
United States

Man.. more of these threads..
2019-2-18
Use props
fans286932bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34642 ft
Sweden

Hi there every one,
Last night I had 2 flight with Spark but before first flight it ask me to update the firmware in both Spark and controler, I did do that and start to flight. It was ok but next flight same place Spark lost connection and did not work RTH.
I did talk to support but they ask me to pay for analyzing.
I am sure the problem was from Spark and today in this forum see that it happen to you and the others.
I am waiting to support for reply me and tell me why I should pay for analyzing that show in last report clearly. You can see in attachment the report of last flight.
I am 100% sure the problem was from firmware’s update and DJI should answer me that how they want to solv this issue.

Best for all
915FB830-B96E-4DB6-BF91-0F5C732594CD.jpeg
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules