Need Video Guidance & Help?
3018 47 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-9 16:27
Ah, didn't realize caching could cause problems...I'll do that next, I have some experimenting to do.

Yeah, trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need a new computer...I don't see that argument winning anytime soon.

'Yeah, trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need a new computer...I don't see that argument winning anytime soon. '

Ah, that old problem. I will tell you the secret of how I get away with it. I have a PayPal account that is fed from people purchasing things off me. No-one knows what is in it except me. Being an ancient technical person, I assemble my own computers, so I buy them slowly on the drip feed, that way everything just slowly flows in. I put it together myself, which, believe it or not, is not that hard.
2017-10-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-9 16:31
One suggestion for your problem with the live video feed might be to relink RC to Aircraft. Will take a minute and might be a quick fix.

Which display device are you using ?

Aardvark
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" - I know not the best but was all I could afford for now.  I have shut everything down I can and can think of but I'm no expert with these devices either.
Relink?  Can you explain what relinking the RC to UAV will do?  Change the channel?

Yeah, I have now come to that conclusion that as far as 4K I'm outdated for now.

Thanks for the advice and your time!
2017-10-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-9 16:37
'Yeah, trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need a new computer...I don't see that argument winning anytime soon. '

Ah, that old problem. I will tell you the secret of how I get away with it. I have a PayPal account that is fed from people purchasing things off me. No-one knows what is in it except me. Being an ancient technical person, I assemble my own computers, so I buy them slowly on the drip feed, that way everything just slowly flows in. I put it together myself, which, believe it or not, is not that hard.

Very nice...I need to figure out an angle like that

Yes, I know, once upon a time I put a tower together, little scary but fun and it worked!
2017-10-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-9 16:50
Aardvark
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" - I know not the best but was all I could afford for now.  I have shut everything down I can and can think of but I'm no expert with these devices either.
Relink?  Can you explain what relinking the RC to UAV will do?  Change the channel?

"Relink?  Can you explain what relinking the RC to UAV will do?  Change the channel?"

It would be quicker for you to try it, than for me to try and find an explanation :-)

I know that in some cases I've read in the past that a relink has cleared up communications problems between RC and Aircraft. For example I believe the video stream from the aircraft is scrambled, then decoded by the RC (which I think is why some RC and Aircraft builds need to be matched). I think it might 're-tune' the channels between the RC and aircraft.

You certainly won't break anything by trying it.

With all connected and powered up.

DJI Go 4, in 'Remote Controller Settings' scroll down and you'll see 'Linking RC' (Android Version).

Tap on that and once started push the link button on the aircraft, and within a few seconds they will pair up. Reboot all and see if there is any improvement in your streaming.
2017-10-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-9 17:10
"Relink?  Can you explain what relinking the RC to UAV will do?  Change the channel?"

It would be quicker for you to try it, than for me to try and find an explanation :-)

Actually...I've already linked once when I got my new replacement aircraft.  I'm familiar, I will try this tomorrow and let you know how it went.
2017-10-9
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-9 11:58
Please explain further?
Provide more details about your process please.
Premiere Pro 1 what kind of SW package is it?

Dockater explained it pretty well, I don't use the lower rez clips in my edits there just used as a go by so I can see the motion of the camera in real time.  It's also important to note that there aren't many companies out there demanding 4K video yet.  4K TV's and the equipment to play the content at that resolution is still pretty new and most people are still very happy with 1080p so you may not even need to mess with 4K yet.
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-10-10 08:50
Dockater explained it pretty well, I don't use the lower rez clips in my edits there just used as a go by so I can see the motion of the camera in real time.  It's also important to note that there aren't many companies out there demanding 4K video yet.  4K TV's and the equipment to play the content at that resolution is still pretty new and most people are still very happy with 1080p so you may not even need to mess with 4K yet.

OK...I understand what you are doing, it's a work around.
Very good, and I agree...at least for me 4K is out of my reach.
Thanks!
2017-10-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

UPDATE: I was happy to see that the 2K video basically works on my computer.  Telling me that the 4K is just not compatible with anything I currently have.  However, 2K still has some jitters and some much smaller starts & stops, but vastly improved from what 4K was doing.
All this means that I will only get good smooth video that I can see and work with at 1080p.  I'm not upset with this as I think 1080 is still pretty darned good, but I am looking toward using my full capabilities somewhere down the road, when I can.
Next I need to work on getting good shots and editing...
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules