Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to recalibrate the lens of the Inspire 2?
5552 4 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enigmata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34314062 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello, everyone!

I have one question.

How to recalibrate the lens of the Inspire 2, because the manual focus in infinity is wrong?
2017-10-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I believe you can redo the calibration at the bottom of one of the camera menus.  Scroll down.

I use a distant (500') cell tower with the large domes for a target.  I have to hit the focus calibration target on the iPad screen several times to find a good one (and I think this is auto AF too.).

Another issue is the Still camera focus seems softer than the Video camera on my iPad.  Might be compression of the Still camera JPEG sent to the iPad screen, but the still image off the SD card it is sharper.

I use a Focus Hand-Wheel and it works well for manual focus.  Much smoother and more precise than the scroll on the iPad screen.

I have had an issue with a fully manual Laowa 7.5mm where it would not focus well on distant objects and it turned out to be a bad lens, actually two of them were bad.  Someone on dpreview.com suggested cutting out a paper shim for the back element and that worked for me and distant objects now focus correctly (You take off the bayonet, and there are four small screws holding the rear element on and the shim goes under it which pushes it back maybe 0.003".).
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please find the ''Calibration'' option in Camera Settings, here is the calibration tutorial video of Inspire 1 for your reference:
2017-10-9
Use props
enigmata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34314062 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thanks!
I found it!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

OK, please keep us updated if you have any further questions. Happy flying.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules