Using DJI Goggles w/Mavic for first time. Any tips?
3056 6 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Insul8Man
New
United States

Good morning I’m going to start flying the Mavic pro using the DJI Goggles

Are there any tips that can be offered to cut my learning curve down or just to help out?

Thanks
2017-10-9
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

Bring a change of shorts!
2017-10-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Some people have trouble focusing on the image provided by the goggles, but most of those seem to be able to solve the problem with an inexpensive pair of non-prescription reading glasses that you can by from various retailers (e.g., Wal-Mart). I've also heard good things about the Focus Fixers inserts, which is a more convenient but also more costly solution.

Since you're apparently in the United States you're going to want to change the units from metric to imperial, which can be done through one of the menus. If you're using the goggles menus for the first time the important thing to realize is that you can scroll down past the end of what appears to be the last item on the list of some menus.

Last, but not least, I personally prefer not to use any kind of head tracking, but if you do then you're definitely going to adjust the sensitivity, as you'll probably find it a bit too high with the default setting, and again this is something that's adjustable through the menus.

Good luck and have fun. Personally I consider the goggles to be well worth the price and wouldn't want to fly without them now.

2017-10-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

on the good side the goggles are easy to use and the menus easy to work through. Take a bit of time going through the menu to get familiar with what is there and how to acess it - theres not too much so this does not take too long. Practice the slide swipe and tap and return functions - also quick to pick up.
If the image in yr goggles is not clear then check yr eye sight. I got a +3 of the shelf for a few bucks - the cheapest and most effective accessory i ever got.
head tracking - before i set head tracking i always practice how to access the Reset function.  one issue i had a first with head tracking was that my mavic wld sometimes begin to spin which i tried to correct with my head movement but which did not work.
The solution is to go to head tracking reset function and this will stabilise flight again -
i would recomend  plenty of practice in big open air with head tracking before using it close to obsticles.

2017-10-12
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Indonesia

Hi there,
Bekaru tree, you said that goggles easy to use?!? I have 3 hours trying to link the goggles with the magic pro, FAILD FAILD FAILD FAILD, a circle of failed I have, no way to link these damn goggles with the magic, or I do something wrong? but I follow the manual, which honestly its not clear at all.

Im still trying, bit no way to link these goggle. I will spend the evening trying, if no success, tomorrow this thing will return to the salers shop very fast.
2017-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully when I receive my goggles the setup in not too difficult.
2017-12-4
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

I had no problems linking with the mavic.  I wanted to see how they worked with the P4P and did the USB connection.  I turned on head tracking but can't figure out how to turn it off.  It's not exactly intuitive with the P4P ....for me anyway.  Any links or tutorial for using with P4P besides connection tutorials?
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules