DJI, please fix your software bug report procedures!
1181 6 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Hi,

I reported a bug within the Goggles firmware (all existing versions) by emailing to support@dji.com and have run into a fight with unqualified support personel about what is a bug and what is not, because of they didn't understand the difference between VPS altitude and barometric altitude!

So please DJI, ensure that bug reports are getting handled and analysed by qualified personel who have at least practical experience with using your products and ensure that verified bug reports are really forwarded to your app and/or firmware developer teams for getting fixed with next software versions!

VPS altitude is not always displayed when applicable:
I found out that VPS altitude will be only displayed while barometric altitude is less than 10m instead of always being displayed while valid (valid up to about 13m over solid ground and independent of barometric altitude)

Imagine you are taking off near a building which is e.g. 10m in height and has a flat roof. Now ascend until you are above the roof and try to
land on it. You would expect the barometric altitude showing e.g. 12 meters and the VPS kicking in and showing 2 meters above the roof. But the Goggles will
just display the baro altitude of 12 meters and the VPS field is hidden, although there is a valid value which is shown on your mobile running GO4 app.
So the decision for showing VPS altitude must not depend on barometric altitude but on its validity only, same as it is implemented within the
GO4 app.
Actually there seems to run a false algorithm of that kind:

if (baroAltitude > 10.0) {
    hide.VPS()
} else {
    show.VPS()
}

Again, please see screenshots, only difference is 1m more altitude in right one, leading to VPS altitude no longer being displayed.
When looking onto my mobile running GO4, VPS altitude is available there for both situations as should be the case with the Goggles, too!

ScreenCapture_6.jpg     ScreenCapture_7.jpg

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Thank you for your thoughts on this point. Are you currently experiencing any software issues?
2017-10-9
Use props
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Germany

This bug is currently the only issue, along with some rare reboots during flight. Please forward the bug description to the software engineers ensure it gets fixed. If flying at low altitude at a remote location I would like to see VPS altitude reliably.
2017-10-9
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi
I`ve had exactly the same situation with my mavic. I`m flying with goggles. sometimes. in those situations it is difficult to say how much of clearance in the bottom as the vps wouldn't`t work
that should be fixed
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gerd_S.gmx Posted at 2017-10-9 11:54
This bug is currently the only issue, along with some rare reboots during flight. Please forward the bug description to the software engineers ensure it gets fixed. If flying at low altitude at a remote location I would like to see VPS altitude reliably.

May I have your ticket number?
2017-10-12
Use props
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-12 01:50
May I have your ticket number?

Hi,

The first one was #722297 on Sep, 2th and the second one after reporting again at Sep, 25th because not fixed with firmware version 1.4.000 was #756628.
2017-10-12
Use props
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Germany

Juist returned from a test flight, the bug has been fixed with the new firmware 1.4.100. Just wondering why DJI didn't state this within the release notes.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules