Firm update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, Just recived my new/ secondhand drone P3-4K which is still under warranty Feb 2018.  my ? is the drone has never been updated . I ask the first owner why he hasn't updated yet, came back drone running fine, why should I update.   "Fare call"    Now Should I update I'm thinking now ?  regards Alex
2017-10-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If it aint broke dont try n fix it.
In other words if your drone is doing everything it should be doing then dont do the update.
But its your bird and your call but i would serious suggest you read theough this forum in regards to update issues and consider if you want to take the risk.
2017-10-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would think about updating before the warranty runs out just in case it causes any issues with the hardware (unlikely but not unknown). At least then it would be covered under warranty if any major issues.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I would recommend you upgrade it. if the drone has potential hardware issues, these issues will be exposed during the firmware upgrading process. You'll be able to get it resolved under warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period.
2017-10-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I would not update it ever! The latest updates do not add any cool new features or anything useful. The standard DJI message is always to update it, but frankly it is not necessary if it is flying OK. Updates of the recent kind are more likely to introduce the new login requirement and stuff. So, my advice would be to leave it, and also disable updates of the Go App on your phone as well.
2017-10-9
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Did the firmware update last night ,  ? is it only went from 1.4.2 to 1.6.4  But not 1.9.2 , is this that the controller ( P3-4K ) different than others .   regards Alex
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules