Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Laova 7.5mm
2741 8 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7357333 ft
  • >>>
Poland

When will be option to use this kind of lens (manual - without pins) like default lens? I mean - without lens swap process. DJI?
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Giero, sorry that we don't have this kind of information, please pay attention to our website for the future release. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-9
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is being used currently with the I2, check out this video:

You loose any auto capabilities, but further discussions about this lens and its use are available at RCGroups ->

Sample post from RCGROUPS I2 Owners Group
2017-10-12
Use props
Mr.Paule
lvl.1
Flight distance : 689442 ft
Germany

I would be also very interested ig the LAOWA 7.5mm can be used with Inspire 1 Pro with X5.
2017-10-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

There needs to be a means to add a non-chipped and/or fully manual lens to the X5 camera series.  Most any MFT camera can allow for this in their menu.  My Olympus MFT has an "Extra Lenses" part where I set the focal length, max. aperture, and a name for the lens and I'm good to go once I select it.  Then the EXIF data gets added to the image and all is well with the world.  DJI has some work to do there, as well as allowing lens version and firmware updates to be done too (BIN update file from lens maker done through the camera menu.).
2017-10-14
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Mr.Paule Posted at 2017-10-14 06:18
I would be also very interested ig the LAOWA 7.5mm can be used with Inspire 1 Pro with X5.

Mr.Paule... The Laowa 7.5 works just fine on the Inspire 1/X5. It is a manual lens so there are a few issues.

It doesn't record any exif data and the X5 will produce a file that is unreadable until you correct it with  Opcode Remover (Mac Only) or any other exif data editor.

Obviously you have the limitation of setting the lens before takeoff but I haven't found this to be a problem really. You can pretty much just tape the focus to stay at infinity which will work fine up to any safe distance most would be flying.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Daroga Posted at 2017-10-12 07:55
It is being used currently with the I2, check out this video:

https://youtu.be/1cC-j4_NtvE

Though this lens is not in our compatible list, still impressed by the footage.
2017-10-14
Use props
martinfueloep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-14 23:16
Though this lens is not in our compatible list, still impressed by the footage.

Hi Mindy,

I know, that the Laowa 7.5 is not supported, but the lens does work with the X5/R/s, but with the X5R I do have to hotswap it with e.g. the DJI 15mm, otherwise the SSD will not initialize.
It would be really great, if there was an option to use it without hotswapping.

Can you bring this request to your engineers?

Regards, Martin
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-6-5 00:06
Hi Mindy,

I know, that the Laowa 7.5 is not supported, but the lens does work with the X5/R/s, but with the X5R I do have to hotswap it with e.g. the DJI 15mm, otherwise the SSD will not initialize.

Martin, thanks for your feedback, since this lens is not in our compatible list, there may be some issues, but we will forward it to our engineers for consideration, thanks for your attention.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules