Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Won't Update
3898 6 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

Ok.  I cannot Firmware Update my mavic & controller.  Attached is a photo of what shows up on the screen.  Here's what I'm doing.  Turn on the Mavic, turn on the controller, they link. Start the DJI Go app, then at the top left tap the Warning Triangle and it requests the Firmware Update.  I tap accordingly and the update page comes up.  I make sure I have wifi (wifi only ipad mini) it starts and the updating info pops up and runs for the longest time then finally disappears and the blue Download is enabled for tapping to start the download.  Then it starts with the file and begins the download process for anywhere from 3 or 4% to as high as 54% and then stops.  If I close the app or just wait long enough that gray pop up will appear again "Updating Firmware version information..." and then the blue box will say "Continue Downloading" (as shown in the attached image) and it starts the download for seconds to a minute and then the gray pop up occurs again.  Will not update.  Moreover, the flight data updates will not update either.

Info Gray Pop Up

Info Gray Pop Up
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it keeps at this stage, please try to shut down the app and download the firmware again. Besides, upgrading via DJI Assistant 2 is also a great choice.
2017-10-9
Use props
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-9 21:11
If it keeps at this stage, please try to shut down the app and download the firmware again. Besides, upgrading via DJI Assistant 2 is also a great choice.

Thank you for responding and Excellent.  I like doing that better than wirelessly through the DJI Go app.  Where do I get the DJI Assistant 2?  I did a search in here and didn't find it.  I use MacBook Pro
2017-10-10
Use props
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

Ok.  I found the download and will be trying it in a few moments and post the results tomorrow.  Awesome!  I like doing it that way (hardwired) rather than through the iPad, controller, mavic wirelessly.  Thanks so much.  Again, I'll post the results tomorrow.
2017-10-10
Use props
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

Well, I tried to log in and it won't allow me because the verification code box won't show the verification box image.  It showed the first time and won't any more.  I have to say, I'm impressed with the flying of the Mavic Pro but I . . AM NOT . . impressed with DJI software/firmware thus far.  At this point, DJI will have to go a long distance to get me confident in the unit now that I am unable to communicate with it via the DJI Go app via my iPad mini 2 nor the DJI Assistant 2 via my MacBook Pro.  Moreover, when installing the DMG file, the Droid install popped up as an additional kernel install and there was no way to not install the Droid kernel and I would never own an Android in my life.  :-(
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DrDimento Posted at 2017-10-10 22:08
Well, I tried to log in and it won't allow me because the verification code box won't show the verification box image.  It showed the first time and won't any more.  I have to say, I'm impressed with the flying of the Mavic Pro but I . . AM NOT . . impressed with DJI software/firmware thus far.  At this point, DJI will have to go a long distance to get me confident in the unit now that I am unable to communicate with it via the DJI Go app via my iPad mini 2 nor the DJI Assistant 2 via my MacBook Pro.  Moreover, when installing the DMG file, the Droid install popped up as an additional kernel install and there was no way to not install the Droid kernel and I would never own an Android in my life.  :-(

Sorry for this unsmooth experience. Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the verification box image? I haven't noticed this issue before. An image is a great help to understand your situation better. And for now, you might need to try another PC to see if you could do the update.
2017-10-11
Use props
fansa8e94009
New

Philippines

Feel sorry for your issue in downloading DJI firmware update. You may go to this link http://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads for DJI assistant. If this still not worked, I would recommend
contacting DJI Technical support for further assistance. Hoping to have your issue resolved.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules