Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WARNING Do not take your Drone for vacation in Romania Bucharest
8936 66 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip3rd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

World wide drones are not yet accepted as a recreational / hobby / entertainment product such as cameras, music players and etc... so I would take any type of Drone (1 gram to 10 kilo ) with me to any country. Because it can be easily misused each country has its own sensitivity about Safety and security.

And getting correct legal information is very difficult since no one has much knowledge about it. So do your self a favor don’t bring a drone to

Iran including Kish Island
Dubai
Kuwait

Get the Osmo and learn to take cinematic shots with it.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Flight distance : 276293 ft
Israel

jjs007:
Yes I did, sorry for the delay, I forgot about this thread. But I wrote it somewhere else in the forum.
According to the Israeli FAA every drone entering Israel must be cleared with them and with customs ahead of time, with a hefty set of online forms (in Hebrew...)
I saw those forms, they are draconian to the point of impossible. They are leaning toward commercial drones, but everyone has to fill them. You need to understand all sorts of customs terms which are probably known only to experienced importers.
i highly doubt anyone at customs would pay attention to you being a tourist, and people bring in drones all the time (Israelis as well as tourists). but I can't advise you to take chances with your drone, even if I assess that the chance of your drone getting caught at customs is very low. It's your call.
2017-12-21
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

We should be more culturally sensitive when visiting other countries and adhere to privacy principles.

It would be extremely disrespectful and illegal to fly a drone at historical religious sites, you wouldn't get it past security anyway.

I would leave it at home and fly it in your own backyard, that way there is no threat to having it confiscated
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_QmiZqsyDA2jB
lvl.1
Romania

First thing's first. NB
2018-5-5
Use props
Antipaxi
First Officer

Romania

I know it's an old thread but I think I can explain what happened.
Romanian law requires only +500 grams drones to be registered, yes, BUT to take aerial footage requires a permit from the Ministry of Defence. Plus, that building you were flying near is the Palace of Parliament and it's a NoFly zone. Even if you can almost see it from space, as it's the second largest building in the world, it is still considered to have strategic importance, so it is a NoFly zone. More than that, Romanian law says no AC can take off or land inside city limits. If it wasn't for that building you could've probably get away with just a fine or even a warning. But they kept your stuff to check what footage you took of the Parliament.
If you still have the papers they gave look for the precinct number, it should say Secția de poliție nr. x. You can google that precinct, find their phone or e-mail and contact them, inquiring about your belongings.
This the Police headquarters site
https://www.politiaromana.ro/ro/contact
you can also ask there. Theoretically they should still have your stuff and if it's all clear they should give it back to you.
If you decide to try and get your AC back I am willing to help you, as long as it doesn't become a huge inconvenience for me.
Good luck, hope you see this.

For anyone else interested, the law says you need to have a Ministry of Defence permit for aerial footage 30 days prior to the actual flight, so hardly anyone bothers to get one.
2018-5-5
Use props
Marinela Vlad
New

Cyprus

This is out guverment.
Cheap!
I'm roumania and I'm shame to say it.
For the same reason..
They confiscate peoples goods to share it with they families.
2019-1-16
Use props
Marinela Vlad
New

Cyprus

Rawsome Posted at 2017-10-10 04:12
Ough! Sorry for your loss mate, that's a real heartbreaker right there.

Stay away from Roumania in general
2019-1-16
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Did you get your stuff back?
2019-1-16
Use props
Daniella3d
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 20:00
I'm sorry to read your experience. The drone can not be locked. Anyway, a tough lesson.

Why is it then that a person here posted recently asking why he could not activate his Spark and one of the mod replied that the drone was declared stolen in shipping.

Is it that once it is activated it cannot be deactivated?
2019-1-16
Use props
Drameee
Captain
Flight distance : 314862 ft
United States

What? Spark doesn't have to register?
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Daniella3d Posted at 1-16 15:30
Why is it then that a person here posted recently asking why he could not activate his Spark and one of the mod replied that the drone was declared stolen in shipping.

Is it that once it is activated it cannot be deactivated?

Yes. It is recommended to purchase from local authorized dealers to avoid similar troubles.
2019-1-17
Use props
Daniella3d
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-17 18:41
Yes. It is recommended to purchase from local authorized dealers to avoid similar troubles.

If a drone is locked up and cannot be activated because it was declared stolen in shipping, how is it that you cannot ''deactivate'' a stolen drone?  Does this mean that you can prevent a first activation, but once it is activated, it cannot be deactivated? I am trying to understand what happen with the activation process.

2019-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5759259 ft
Thailand

Daniella3d Posted at 1-17 19:14
If a drone is locked up and cannot be activated because it was declared stolen in shipping, how is it that you cannot ''deactivate'' a stolen drone?  Does this mean that you can prevent a first activation, but once it is activated, it cannot be deactivated? I am trying to understand what happen with the activation process.

Why you not open a own topic about this?
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Daniella3d Posted at 1-17 19:14
If a drone is locked up and cannot be activated because it was declared stolen in shipping, how is it that you cannot ''deactivate'' a stolen drone?  Does this mean that you can prevent a first activation, but once it is activated, it cannot be deactivated? I am trying to understand what happen with the activation process.

If the unit has been activated, I'm sorry that it cannot be deactivated any more. In case the unit stolen after activation, I sincerely suggest calling the police to report.
2019-1-18
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 01:03
If the unit has been activated, I'm sorry that it cannot be deactivated any more. In case the unit stolen after activation, I sincerely suggest calling the police to report.

But the owners still can see, where their drone currently is.
2019-1-18
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 4622680 ft

Spain

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-18 01:45

No, because now the drone is tied to the new DJI account.
Only the account that’s tied and connected to the drone can see its whereabouts.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-18
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

Alex B. Posted at 1-18 02:29
No, because now the drone is tied to the new DJI account.
Only the account that’s tied and connected to the drone can see its whereabouts.

That is a really bad news. I expected the same behavior as with an iPhone
2019-1-18
Use props
gmozo
Second Officer
United States

there are some places that are required a permit fyi but i feel sorry for you that you lost your spark and your i pad but i don't get it why they took it did even ask the reason why they took, even they give you an explanation why, it really doesn't mean that they cant take whats yours.
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm afraid that the owner cannot see the current location if the drone is tied to another account and flight records are not uploaded. If there is anything changes, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-20
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648389 ft
Romania

There are rules everywhere in this world. If you would have been consultimg the DJI No Fly Zones then you would have seen you cannot fly the drone there.
On top, you were flying over a government building which, as everywhere in this world, is forbidden.
2019-1-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5759259 ft
Thailand

Out of own experience, "find my drone" is only showing the last location from the last flight with an specific device.
Change to another device, even after syncing, the new device has the last flight location, the older device still just the location from the "older" flight

But syncing shouldnt be a problem for DJI, if they would mark stolen drones in their system.

But hey, the mobilphone provider have this lock technik in there systems since the 90's. They would be able to brick every device for wifi or mobil usage. And could give the details to the law enforcers
But they arent using it, b/c even a stolen device creates phone calls, data volume and sales for new devices!
2019-1-20
Use props
fansacc9126e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587339 ft
  • >>>
Israel

sorry for the late update -  ...  So a year later, the Israeli embassy in Bucharest was under surveillance  The Romanian court decided to return all the things that had been taken to me (dji spark combo + ipad )   The conclusion? I never takes agian  the drone with me to Romania
2019-1-22
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 4622680 ft

Spain

fansacc9126e Posted at 1-22 07:55
sorry for the late update -  ...  So a year later, the Israeli embassy in Bucharest was under surveillance  The Romanian court decided to return all the things that had been taken to me (dji spark combo + ipad )   The conclusion? I never takes agian  the drone with me to Romania

If I understood you correctly, you got your Spark and IPad back!
Congratulations!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-22
Use props
Videocreativ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27900 ft
Italy

You just didn't ask the right person for permission. I am sure the law is exactly the same in other countries. DJI Spark is not an problem for flying but, you cannot fly in urban places.  Any country forbids this. Then, i am sure that you flew where is forbidden. I have an Spark and i use it only in wide space an out of the cities or urban places.
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1030144 ft
United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 1-16 15:30
Why is it then that a person here posted recently asking why he could not activate his Spark and one of the mod replied that the drone was declared stolen in shipping.

Is it that once it is activated it cannot be deactivated?

I tried to report a stolen drone to DJI and they were not interested.
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1030144 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-20 02:37
I'm afraid that the owner cannot see the current location if the drone is tied to another account and flight records are not uploaded. If there is anything changes, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.

I would like to suggest you add an activation lock type feature just like most apple products now have.
2019-8-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 2982907 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansacc9126e Posted at 1-22 07:55

How long did it take to get all your stuff back after they have taken it?

Also, the lesson when taking drone images, try not to get seen and not fly directly back to the home point.
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules