Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official suggestions thread?
3918 26 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Does DJI offer a way to send in suggestions for improvements and/or enhancements for their products?  I've always gravitated more to products and services offered by a company that encourages and welcomes feedback from their consumers.  I know there can always be lots of useless, impractical, pie in the sky, and cost prohibitive suggestions sent in but even one or two really good suggestions can make a product better than a competing product.  I also realize that DJI doesn't have serious competition (yet) but one day they likely will in what I believe will soon be a 'drone revolution'.  If you don't have a way to do this DJI, please consider it.
2017-10-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The "official" -- and probably only even remotely effective way -- to submit a suggestion for a change is through the Go app.
2017-10-10
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-10 07:46
The "official" -- and probably only even remotely effective way -- to submit a suggestion for a change is through the Go app.

That's too bad.  That sounds like a dark hole approach where your suggestion never sees the light of day and other users can't vote on the suggestion or comment on it.
2017-10-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2017-10-10 07:49
That's too bad.  That sounds like a dark hole approach where your suggestion never sees the light of day and other users can't vote on the suggestion or comment on it.

That's true, but it's not really different from how most companies operate, is it? Besides, there are threads on this forum for the most often-requested features, such as a user-selectable ATTI mode, so if there's a particular feature you're interested in you may want to find and comment on the appropriate thread (if one already exists) or create a new one.
2017-10-10
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-10 07:54
That's true, but it's not really different from how most companies operate, is it? Besides, there are threads on this forum for the most often-requested features, such as a user-selectable ATTI mode, so if there's a particular feature you're interested in you may want to find and comment on the appropriate thread (if one already exists) or create a new one.

I agree that using the forum is one avenue for suggestions but I still like a healthy forum where the admins are employees of the product/manufacturer where they chime in about suggestions, ideas or enhancements. Tivo is a good example of an active forum where the customers help drive the future design of the product (or had until Rovi bought Tivo).  Not only were suggestions seriously looked at but bug reports were also commented on by the admins (employees of Tivo).  It give you a sense that "someone" really is looking at the issue/suggestion.  It's one of the reasons why I've been a Tivo user for many years and I'd think the goodwill and payback from customers would help give any company an edge in a competitive market (which drones will be in 5 years).
2017-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Spark forum has an 'official' thread for suggestions (not sure if that means anything)
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Welcome to post your ideas here. Generally, the ideas will be filtered and the great ones will be forwarded to our engineers for further review. We'll be here all the time.  
2017-10-12
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

I guess that is my point.  Ideas that are filtered out fall in that 'black hole' I mentioned where the submitter has no idea that their idea was rejected (likely for valid reasons) but the impression left is the user's suggestion was ignored.
So maybe my first suggestion would be an official suggestion thread managed by DJI reps, updated with what suggestions are being evaluated and considered vs those suggestions that (for whatever reason) are not feasible.
2017-10-13
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Hi. Simple idea for 250 g rules
Good if you can choose / change battery for new rules. Bigger or smaller to weight. Just my idea, compromise between long flight or possibility to fly under 250 g depend on location
2019-6-9
Use props
Superpower
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601654 ft
Hong Kong

Other than Tello, all DJI drones, such as Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, etc., are over 250g and all of them will need for CASA licensing.   Could DJI kindly offer a new drone for photography with weight lower than 250g to help user get rid of licensing trouble.  Or simply to provide a battery at 45g or less for Spark to enable it to save of licensing at a cost of less flight time.  Of course, a new firmware is required from DJI to support the lower weight battery for Spark.  Many thanks for DJI's kind attention and your kind consideration would be highly appreciated.  Should DJI interest on my suggestion, please feel free to contact me for further discussion and I am happy to be one of the first users (or partner) to try the new light battery.  Many thanks!   
2019-7-20
Use props
Superpower
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601654 ft
Hong Kong

I have submitted a message on 22 July 2019 to suggest DJI to consider and design a new sub-250 grams aerial photo-taking drone to help fans to get rid of licensing requirement for drone over 250 grams.  Very grateful if DJI could kindly consider the above suggestion and also provide an interim solution for the Spark user with a new battery with weight less than 49 grams.  Spark with battery less than 49 grams will be less than 250 grams and has no licensing requirement at most of countries.  It is well understanding by Spark pilot that a smaller battery will have a cost of less flight time and the Spark pilot will need a new firmware from DJI to support the light weight battery for Spark.  Many thanks for DJI's kind attention and your kind consideration on the above two suggestions would be highly appreciated.  Should DJI interest on my two suggestions, please feel free to contact me for further discussion and I am very happy to be one of the first users (or partner) to try the new light battery.  Many thanks!   
2019-7-27
Use props
Millburn
New
Flight distance : 115135 ft

Sweden

Since I didn't find an official suggestions thread I will write her.
I have two suggestions both should be possible to send as a firmware upgrade.
In my case it would be for the mavic 2 zoom but they would be possible to implement on "all" drones.

1. "Return to controller" that would work a bit like return to home. The way things work now. In this example I will asume the battery will last exactly 30 minutes and thats what the drone will too. As things work now I can launch the drone point it towards me and instruct it to follow this ugly person in the red jacket. Jump on the bike, cross country skis or whatever. Set off and after 15 minutes on the bike I will be 5+ kilometers away ( 3 on the skis). Then the drone will decide its time to go home. If it instead was instructed to "return to controller" I could go another 5 (or 3) kilometers before the drone does end the flight.

2. Possibility to create a waypointsfile without being connected, plus upload and download. If there would be a documented format for the waypointsfile it would be possible to create on a computer in advance and then upload to the device.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_xDzdd6aVZ60s
lvl.1

United States

I wish I could record audio/narration while flying my mavic mini. And cache the files with the video files to merge or delete later with the video using the create software! Am I dreaming or us it possible with the mini app? Chuck
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_93tUqwpP0FxP
New
Flight distance : 102963 ft

Russia

I wish Mini has collision detection mechanism. Even in expense of reduced flight time.

Also I want drones with built-in GoPro which shoots 180 degrees hemisphere. Or 360 GoPro.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

I huge convenience would be to add audio to the Fly App.  Currently there is no audio recorded for on scene narration or ambient sounds.  I understand past apps recorded audio with the cached low rez cash video on the controller phone.  This would be a wonderful convenience to have
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_qZsQMWrLzCge
New

Philippines

Hi DJI, I just wanted to ask if there is a feature that you can auto pilot the drone and follow you while filming you wherever you go and is there a feature that you set the drone where it should land when it is battery low?
2022-5-19
Use props
Fly boy 2
New

United States

The scroll wheel for the gimbal should be for elevation, and the gimbal should be with the rotation stick.  So that stick is the look around stick.  Elevation is its own thing and should be the scroll wheel.
2023-2-19
Use props
proflutz
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:46
Welcome to post your ideas here. Generally, the ideas will be filtered and the great ones will be forwarded to our engineers for further review. We'll be here all the time.

Bonjour,

could you please please show the way to other camera (and audio recorder) manufacturers?
Implement  microsecond UTC time stamping of recordings based on embedded GNSS chip  (using synced TCXO RTC  for no-fix fall back).

All files (audio and video) should contain a metadata entry  "creation_time" set to the exact UTC time (eg  2020-07-23T11:51:02.000000Z) and contain another one: "microseconds_from_last_UTC_sec" used later by editing software for syncing.

I'v implemented something similar but using  a scratch audio track (à la LTC, see tictacsync.org) but It would be so much simpler if manufacturers were doing it in their hardware.

Oh, and please kill  SMPTE LTC

Merci!

2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

proflutz Posted at 5-20 04:56
Bonjour,

could you please please show the way to other camera (and audio recorder) manufacturers?

I am sorry, I may be a bit confused about your request. Would y you mind clarifying this? Which DJI product you are using? And you may want me to pass the mechanism of our product to other camera manufacturers, right?
2023-5-21
Use props
Tawfique Rahman
New

Bangladesh

Hello Dji,

You are the best drone company in the market. I am a huge fan of your drones by watching youtube i never got to try. In countrys like Bangladesh,India,etc your drone is very expensive. I have no complaint with that but I request you to make a drone which is affordable in these countrys. I bet if you make this you will have a huge customers in asia.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Md Tawfique Rahman
2023-6-2
Use props
fans8432c118
New

Australia

Hi DJI,
  I found that mini drone unfolding could be tricky for new users. I suggest to print some tiny arrows on the arms to indicate which direction to unfold. It doesn't cost much but can be very helpful.
cheers
Guangyu
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tawfique Rahman Posted at 6-2 09:34
Hello Dji,

You are the best drone company in the market. I am a huge fan of your drones by watching youtube i never got to try. In countrys like Bangladesh,India,etc your drone is very expensive. I have no complaint with that but I request you to make a drone which is affordable in these countrys. I bet if you make this you will have a huge customers in asia.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. rest assured this will be referred as a suggestion to our designated team. Check dji.com for any updates. We value your support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8432c118 Posted at 7-16 15:18
Hi DJI,
  I found that mini drone unfolding could be tricky for new users. I suggest to print some tiny arrows on the arms to indicate which direction to unfold. It doesn't cost much but can be very helpful.
cheers

Hello there. that's a good suggestion. We will get this referred to our designated team. Please check the dji.com for the latest news. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_M8mdt9XDdBye
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hey,

Are you exploring having a depth sensor on any of the cameras in the future (much like iPhones Pros have)?
Would be really cool to have that + image acquiring + processing and get a scan and a 3D model output of a subject (person, car, house, etc..).
The way to use that would be to have the subject selected in the app (much like for active tracking) and then by pressing an option to 3D scan, the drone moves around the subject and takes the images, stitches them together, then outputs the 3D model also refining the surface by the use of the depth cameras.

All the best,
Constantin

2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_M8mdt9XDdBye Posted at 9-27 04:00
Hey,

Are you exploring having a depth sensor on any of the cameras in the future (much like iPhones Pros have)?

Hi, Constantin. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_M8mdt9XDdBye
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-27 04:45
Hi, Constantin. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Thank you,

I realize that this might come in a somewhat distant future, but it can open up to some really nice use cases.
Imagine measuring objects in the real world for different applications next to have the drone output a high-fidelity 3D object.
Also, it might improve a bit the current obstacle avoidance capabilities.

All the best,
Constantin
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_M8mdt9XDdBye Posted at 9-28 02:18
Thank you,

I realize that this might come in a somewhat distant future, but it can open up to some really nice use cases.

You are most welcome. I'm also hoping this will get approved and applied to future products or software. Keep posted by visiting the DJI official website. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules