o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi drone pilots

I found a website with informations about drone regulations:

https://foxnomad.com/2017/07/25/map-shows-drone-laws-every-country-world-updated-regularly/

Can we all check it out for our areas and verify that the stuff is up2date?
click on the above linked website on the flag (red/yellow/green/....)  in your country.
I assume that we all know what we legally would have to obey too and mostly do,  right?

For China, Thailand and even Germany, my latest and actual flight areas, it seems to be right.
Also for Malaysia and Singapore it seems to be up2date.

2017-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For my country Ireland rules are very limited, some are out of date and some are correct, overall it’s not very good .
2017-10-10
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Info about regulation in Poland are mostly correct but not 100%.
2017-10-10
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Pretty much accurate for Canada.
2017-10-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Sounds that it may be a step in the right (information) direction, but needs to be confirmed  with some other online info, then.

Unlucky, we cant  expect DJI to put that info on the web. In my actual destination, local rules could be a distraction for first drone buyers:

All drones with cameras need to be registered in Thailand.
Before flight  
Which is not easy, because no one knows/talks about it ;-)
2017-10-10
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Mostly correct to Portugal. Check the app voanaboa to check no fly zones
2017-10-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

For Germany it is almost correct. Just for a number of cases mentioning the restriction "within 100 meters" the actual restriction is only "above" (except for hospitals and similar buildings). What is missing is the mandatory insurance.
For Monaco where I have been last week the information is correct according to all information that I had found before my visit.

2017-10-10
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

The Canadian regulations seems to be within what the current regulations are.
2017-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Regarding Israel, at least from my perspective as an Israeli citizen, I think Israel's designation as "red" is way too harsh.
Having said that, I know this map is intended for foreign nationals mostly, and their experience when coming into Israel with a drone may be different from mine.
It says there that anyone coming in with a drone needs an "import permit"... I can't be sure, but I think this applies to actual import, as in "bringing it from abroad and keeping it in Israel". I don't think it applies to tourists who come in with a drone and take it back with them when they leave - but I'll check it next week to make sure.
2017-10-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-10 08:36
For Germany it is almost correct. Just for a number of cases mentioning the restriction "within 100 meters" the actual restriction is only "above" (except for hospitals and similar buildings). What is missing is the mandatory insurance.
For Monaco where I have been last week the information is correct according to all information that I had found before my visit.

Are you sure about that?
I have this "funny" DFS App,
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ro.unifly.dfs&hl=de
which is telling 100m ASIDE of almost everything!
federal roads, consulates, railways, police stations, .....
Ok, 1.5 km around hospital helipads and such ;-)

I actually had to get to Germany, to be able to download it.
(Hamburg, in case someone wondering about the max. 50m altitude: Controlled airspace, all the city)

007.png
2017-10-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-10 08:57
Regarding Israel, at least from my perspective as an Israeli citizen, I think Israel's designation as "red" is way too harsh.
Having said that, I know this map is intended for foreign nationals mostly, and their experience when coming into Israel with a drone may be different from mine.
It says there that anyone coming in with a drone needs an "import permit"... I can't be sure, but I think this applies to actual import, as in "bringing it from abroad and keeping it in Israel". I don't think it applies to tourists who come in with a drone and take it back with them when they leave - but I'll check it next week to make sure.

I do understand your P.O.V.
But legally, every "luggage" is temporary importing something into the country.
The drone is also valuable.
And a security risk, if flown on "wrong" locations.
But there are other websites :
https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-israel/

"Anyone who wants to bring a drone with a weight of more than 300 grams to Israel needs an import permit. It is irrelevant whether the drone is to be used for private or commercial purposes. The imprint can be requested online in Hebrew here. After the receipt of the application, you will be informed within 14 days.

In the meantime, a reader got the information that you need a license for the operation of a multicopter from a weight of 300 grams and more. Probably you will get this license when you become a member in a model sports club."

Not getting easier, right?
2017-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Yes, I saw this. I'd like to get it confirmed directly with the Israeli CAA, in plain Hebrew, to cut down on any potential miscommunication and info that gets lost in translation. Whatever they say, I will post here.
2017-10-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-10 08:59
Are you sure about that?
I have this "funny" DFS App,
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ro.unifly.dfs&hl=de

This is why I wrote "a number" and not "most" or "all". The examples you are giving are correct and this DFS App ist the best we can get, although also not 100% perfect. Anyway, if pilots follow the information provided unter the link at the beginning of this thread they definitely will not do anything wrong. Just in addition they will need the liability insurance.
2017-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems correct for NL
2017-10-10
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

_pk Posted at 2017-10-10 06:46
Info about regulation in Poland are mostly correct but not 100%.

True, no info about not flying near gov, embassy, military object and also libraries, museums, water suplies, etc. IMO info abut 30m from people and 100m from cities is for drons heavier than 0,6kg so should be mentioned - u can fly spark in the city if u dont breach restrictions i mentioned above (although its hard in the center of warsaw)
2017-10-10
Use props
Nonesuch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5754564 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

The information for Slovenia is correct
2017-10-11
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Belgium is correct, max 10m above own garden, otherwise a license with the normal restrictions is needed.
2017-10-11
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-10 13:15
True, no info about not flying near gov, embassy, military object and also libraries, museums, water suplies, etc. IMO info abut 30m from people and 100m from cities is for drons heavier than 0,6kg so should be mentioned - u can fly spark in the city if u dont breach restrictions i mentioned above (although its hard in the center of warsaw)

Center of Warsaw is a no-fly zone (EA 48), anyway. You need a permition from BOR to fly there.

2017-10-11
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

_pk Posted at 2017-10-11 06:55
Center of Warsaw is a no-fly zone (EA 48), anyway. You need a permition from BOR to fly there.

True, but being more precise in Srodmiescie district (https://www.google.com/maps/d/vi ... 6349435591&z=14) . In center is Palac Kultury and u need only prermition from http://www.pansa.pl
2017-10-11
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Mostly right about Australia.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems that most information are correct. I would still recommend you to check with the local Civil Aviation Administration to ensure this before travelling.
2017-10-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 19:42
It seems that most information are correct. I would still recommend you to check with the local Civil Aviation Administration to ensure this before travelling.

Yes, double check is always better.

But I think a website with good info is a start for planing trips.

Also there a still a lot of white spots on the map
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-12 21:05
Yes, double check is always better.

But I think a website with good info is a start for planing trips.

Yeah, it's a good beginning. Wish you have a great time.
2017-10-13
Use props
plpioko
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-10 10:42
Yes, I saw this. I'd like to get it confirmed directly with the Israeli CAA, in plain Hebrew, to cut down on any potential miscommunication and info that gets lost in translation. Whatever they say, I will post here.

Hi,
I have been trying to get it confirmed as I will be travelling with my Mavic Pro to Israel for a New Year. I dropped CAA and email but I got a reply that it was not delivered. Have you perhaps managed to get hold of them and got some answer?
2017-11-18
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

After checking with the Israeli CAA, officially it's right.From an official point of view you need an "import permit" ahead of time, and it's pretty draconic.
Practically speaking I don't see anything happening, Israelis bring in drones all the time without this, and these are drones that are really imported (they stay in Israel...) but I won't advise you on it. I don't have the perspective incoming tourists have.
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules