Is there a taller tripod for the osmo+?
865 5 2017-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

Hello,

I bought the tripod that DJI recommends for the osmo+. It works great, but sometimes I need to shoot from a higher view. Is there a tripod you guys recommend me using for greater height that would still work perfectly for osmo+?
2017-10-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

You need to be creative and adapt Osmo to industry standard tripod and monopole.

Get one of these, http://store.dji.com/product/osm ... -arm?site=brandsite
then you can mount of the base plate of your standard tripod. That is what I do.
2017-10-10
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

your best best would be to purchase an articulating arm and a taller 3rd party tripod for the height you need. Or you could purchase a mono pod in addition the tripod you have to extend furthur.
2017-10-10
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
United States

your best best would be to purchase an articulating arm and a taller 3rd party tripod for the height you need. Or you could purchase a mono pod in addition the tripod you have to extend furthur.
2017-10-10
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

Felipe Olvera Posted at 2017-10-10 20:49

Thank you! What exactly would the articulating arm do? i've never used one of those.

Thank you!
2017-10-11
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
United States

rshah921 Posted at 2017-10-11 10:13
Thank you! What exactly would the articulating arm do? i've never used one of those.

Thank you!

Yea so the articulating arm is essentially a friction arm, which you could purchase one of these third party as well. It allows you to screw into the rosette mount on the Osmo+ and then adjust to any angle so that you can connect a tripod or other 3/4".
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules