Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What will be your next drone?
12Next >
2658 47 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flick6211
lvl.1

Netherlands

After a crash I have to choose a for new drone. But doubt which choice I have to make. So, what will be your next drone? Would you choose again for a DJI Drone or would you prefer another brand. Please explain your choice.
2017-10-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI... no doubt... and if I had my choice (like if money didn't matter...?) Inspire 2.... But you that's me... I don't see any milage under your name so perhaps you didn't sync your flight data or you are very new.  The "Why do you want a drone" will drive which one is best... Selfies? Get a Spark... Cool vid and portable? Get a Mavic.  Great Video and stability in the air? Get a Phantom.  Professional level anything? Get an Inspire.... Just my thoughts.
2017-10-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

what kind did you crash?
2017-10-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would go DJI.  
2017-10-11
Use props
Phill2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

Anything but DJI
The limits imposed by updates are a joke
2017-10-11
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Already have a p4p but concidering adding a mavic to the collection simply for its portability and features but would be very carefull about any firmware updates i do in the future
2017-10-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Phill2 Posted at 2017-10-11 16:35
Anything but DJI
The limits imposed by updates are a joke

What limits?
Have you found anything from any other maker that's even half as good?
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I'd go DJI, there are some issues to consider but thus far for myself they are manageable.  Nothing else out there is as good, and remember a lot of this is cutting edge tech that even the developer is working out.
Agree with above, you need to select the UAV that meets your needs and that you can afford, or that meets your desires.
I'd really like an Inspire 2, but I need some more important gear to go with my P4P first.
Good Luck!
2017-10-11
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

The Phantom 5 and a Mavic Pro 2.  for right now a Spark is getting me by for practice, etc. If we all hold out they will come out with them sooner.

The Mavic Pro Platinum has the same camera so it's not an upgrade for Photos and Video versus the original Mavic.  

But they may have fixed a few bugs. But for me.... I want a Mavic with P4 Pro Camera Specs.... and a Mavic with a better camera.

2017-10-11
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-10-11 17:44
The Phantom 5 and a Mavic Pro 2.  for right now a Spark is getting me by for practice, etc. If we all hold out they will come out with them sooner.

The Mavic Pro Platinum has the same camera so it's not an upgrade for Photos and Video versus the original Mavic.  

Correction:

I want a Mavic with P4 Pro Camera Specs.... and a P4 Pro with a better camera.
2017-10-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 5 if they ever release it.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for read the crash. Hope you find the proper one soon.
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJIs products are by far the best in build quality and platform potential, but as of right now I will not be buying another DJI product, the firmware updates are far and few between. and as far as I can tell all the consumer platforms have stability or connectivity issues.
2017-10-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-10-11 17:48
Correction:

I want a Mavic with P4 Pro Camera Specs.... and a P4 Pro with a better camera.

DON'T BUY!!! Both the Mavic and Phantom 4 platforms have stability issues, and constant bugs.
2017-10-11
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

accept still DJI even for the next drone....... reason> Cos i think at the present moment nothing come close to it.....
2017-10-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 22:00
DJIs products are by far the best in build quality and platform potential, but as of right now I will not be buying another DJI product, the firmware updates are far and few between. and as far as I can tell all the consumer platforms have stability or connectivity issues.

What do you say to the users that don't have any problems?
What kind of reliable survey have you carried out to determine that the Mavic and P4 series have stability issues and constant bugs or are you just saying that off the top of your head and no research at all??
2017-10-11
Use props
Flick6211
lvl.1

Netherlands

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-11 22:00

When I read about stability issues and issues with the firmware updates I'm beginning to doubt. In addition I also doubt about the regulation of the no-fly zones. It is a restriction of my own creative freedom (and of course, I don't want to compromise to the security of others).
2017-10-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

A DJI for sure, I just need to convince my other half that I need to upgrade.
2017-10-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

After a lot of reading on the DJI forums during the last months i clearly can see the pattern, the DJi products are wonderful stable and workhorses until the point where they get i firmware update, then everything can and wil go wrong.
As this seem to be a picture that goes years back i wish i had known about those forums and had read up inhere before i bought my P4P minus (+).

As it seem that DJI are doing everything they can to make login and updates mandatory, for sure my next drone will be everything but a DJI unless they show up very soon and correct their firmware damage on my equipment.
2017-10-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-11 17:33
What limits?

I agree with you on this one, Nothing compares to DJI quads. A couple of months ago I made the mistake of buying an Autel Robotics quad based on its reviews and was so disappointed that after a handful of flights I put it up for sale on eBay and took a two hundred dollar loss just to get rid of it.....
2017-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI P4P or MPP
2017-10-12
Use props
Flick6211
lvl.1

Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-11 13:33
what kind did you crash?

Yuneec Typhoon H Pro (But by my own fault. I was too brave.)
2017-10-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yep, being too brave will bite you every time ( including me).  At least you learned what not to do with whatever you buy next.  Good luck!
2017-10-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-11 22:33
What do you say to the users that don't have any problems?
What kind of reliable survey have you carried out to determine that the Mavic and P4 series have stability issues and constant bugs or are you just saying that off the top of your head and no research at all??

No, I haven't conducted research, my assertion was based on my experience, hence it is in my opinion.
2017-10-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-10-12 14:01
No, I haven't conducted research, my assertion was based on my experience, hence it is in my opinion.

That sounds perfectly scientific.
Now I understand.
You have a problem with yours so no-one should buy any.
2017-10-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-12 15:29
That sounds perfectly scientific.
Now I understand.
You have a problem with yours so no-one should buy any.

not quite, mine has definitely had some problems, but I've heard horror stories of aircraft bricking when trying to updated the firmware. thats what im basing it off.
2017-10-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I was just in emails yesterday from my buddy in Iowa who has literally thousands of miles flying (not a typo).  He must have something approaching a dozen DJI ACs.  And the email had nothing to do with this thread directly.  Nonetheless, it applies indirectly.  He writes (cut and paste):

thousands of people upgrade to the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out and they have no issues the only one you hear about with issues are on the forum. but there are thousands of others you don't hear about that it works out just fine for them.
2017-10-12
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Either MPP or P-Ob as a second drone/copter.
2017-10-12
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flick6211 Posted at 2017-10-12 02:47
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro (But by my own fault. I was too brave.)

My brother-in-law has a Typhoon H. They visited here a couple weeks ago and he let me fly it, I was NOT impressed. I regularly fly a Phantom 3 Standard, Mavic Pro and a Spark, there is no comparison, DJI seems to be way better to me. Then again, it may be what you're used to.
2017-10-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantom series (4) for stability and entry level pro.
2017-10-12
Use props
Flick6211
lvl.1

Netherlands

It is also going to be a Phantom 4. But I'm still wondering whether it will be a 'Advance' or a 'Professional'.
2017-10-18
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

I enjoy the P4Pro+ . If I ever get the money, I'll get the Inspire 2 with the  XT FLIR camera and a Zenmuse 7S. One for search and rescue ,the other for Professional movie maker here in the ATL.

Genghis9 ,what important gear goes with the P4P+ ?  Is it upgradable ?
2017-10-20
Use props
Phill2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

What limits?

Not yet but by the time I wear  out my P3Ps there will be something out there just as good that doesn't limit what you can do with it or make you sign in so it can be tracked.
I love my P3Ps but DJI just continually make things harder and more restrictive
2017-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What limits?

Let us know when you find even half as good.
2017-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-12 01:49
A DJI for sure, I just need to convince my other half that I need to upgrade.

You have a P3S you do need to upgrade really soon!
2017-11-12
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-11 17:40
I'd go DJI, there are some issues to consider but thus far for myself they are manageable.  Nothing else out there is as good, and remember a lot of this is cutting edge tech that even the developer is working out.
Agree with above, you need to select the UAV that meets your needs and that you can afford, or that meets your desires.
I'd really like an Inspire 2, but I need some more important gear to go with my P4P first.

well said Genghis9.
2017-11-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Phill2 Posted at 2017-11-12 21:41
Not yet but by the time I wear  out my P3Ps there will be something out there just as good that doesn't limit what you can do with it or make you sign in so it can be tracked.

Not sure what you're talking about.
My Phantoms are just as easy to fly as they were when I first got them and despite ill-informed people on forums claiming that there are additional restrictions, I still haven't found any.
As for DJI tracking you, that's pure fantasy
2017-11-13
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I will be buying a stunt/race drone to go with my 3Pro , 4Pro and Spark. Sadly DJI do not make one so I will go for Eachine instead. Thats the only reason I will not buy DJI.
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I went through with my interest that I posted here some time before. Picked up the Obsidian.

What else hmmmm jury still out..but who knows maybe another DJI product? Sure they like hearing this.
2017-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phill2 Posted at 2017-11-12 21:41

why not use dji pilot app you can't be tracked . if your so worried about being tracked why do you keep syncing your flights?
2017-11-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules