DJI GO app has been removed from Google Play store due to incompatibility issues
4615 12 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2a62f3e4
lvl.1
United States

Well it finally happened, Google pulled the DJI Go app off the store because it wasn't compatible with so many phones, including the ones that were listed as compatible.

I love my Osmo...when it's working. I have a pretty important video shoot this weekend and if I can't use it by then, it's going to be pretty problematic.

This isn't a beta product, it's fully priced product coming from a well-established company. The fact that this issue has been around for 6 months is an embarrassment, and quite frankly if I end up having to have to replace my system, I won't really have a choice but to avoid buying any DJI products again.

Don't blame Google or Samsung for the issue, this has been an ongoing problem for months.

I rarely complain, but I have to sign up and make this issue known because it's been such a repetitive issue, and now I can't even do the ridiculous reset the do the screen resolution because the App from the store.

I'd appreciate it if a DJI rep to get back to us on this, because it's pretty important and these complaints have been going gone again, for months now.

2017-10-11
Use props
fans2a62f3e4
lvl.1
United States

Using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please forgive me may I ask what problem are you experiencing with our product? May I have more details of incompatibility?
I still can see there is DJI Go in Google Play Store.
DJI Go.png
2017-10-11
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Just wondering when Google started announcing why they  pulled an app from the play store, especially the ones that are actually still there. lol
2017-10-11
Use props
fans2a62f3e4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-11 20:21
Please forgive me may I ask what problem are you experiencing with our product? May I have more details of incompatibility?
I still can see there is DJI Go in Google Play Store.

It was flagged as being incompatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, so you can't look it up in the app store. I found an old APK and installed it for now. Look at the prompt noting that it isn't compatible with my device on their store.

It also happened to the Mavic app, which I haven't downloaded an old APK for yet. It doesn't appear in the Play store anymore, but will show up on Google search results:

Though when you click it, you get this:

And this is what Google Play current looks like when trying to search for it:

I'm assuming it was pulled because it crashes when the screen resolution is set to WQHD, which is set to default for a lot of apps but only works with DJI Go when forced after launching, though you'll still get the incompatibility with screen resolution settings message.

In the past, the only workaround was to uninstall the app, take your screen settings down, and reinstall.
2017-10-12
Use props
fans2a62f3e4
lvl.1
United States

fans2a62f3e4 Posted at 2017-10-12 05:58
It was flagged as being incompatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, so you can't look it up in the app store. I found an old APK and installed it for now. Look at the prompt noting that it isn't compatible with my device on their store.

[view_image]

Hmm, what hosting service works here? Seems like Gyazo doesn't fly, or is it my post count?
2017-10-12
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

You seem to have ignored the fact that both apps are still available in the app store. At least that is the case for others. Maybe it is a local issue. Where are you located?
2017-10-12
Use props
fans2a62f3e4
lvl.1
United States

You seem to be ignoring my statement saying otherwise. Not sure why the images didn't embed, but the long and short of it can be found here:

Looking at it on the browser, there's now a "This app is incompatible with you device" message below it:
https://gyazo.com/013f481f2d3f67d32b33c8685df06aaf

Searching for DJI Go reveals that it's no longer in the Play store:
https://gyazo.com/a1cd0260d8185a07ba5d6711418b32b4

I see it pop up on google when I search for it:
https://gyazo.com/d5e6aefcab4877cb4ea4e559fce1cd62

But this happens when I click it:
https://gyazo.com/3986d4d14357b1695dc82e08aefc7263

I'd like someone else with a Galaxy S7 Edge to chime in if possible.
2017-10-12
Use props
Edward Hore
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Look, I really don't care about all the rubbish, I just want my DJI Go to work with the most advanced phone on the market, if it cannot work with the Samsung S8+ then why would you sell it as being advanced.

My Osmo is now just wasted plastic.
2017-10-12
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

fans... Well at least I think we now agree that the app has NOT been removed from the play  store. Now you just need to find out why it's considered non-compatible with your phone. Or... You could get an iPad and forget about it. ;-)
2017-10-13
Use props
fans81dcb672
New
United States

Edward Hore Posted at 2017-10-12 20:32
Look, I really don't care about all the rubbish, I just want my DJI Go to work with the most advanced phone on the market, if it cannot work with the Samsung S8+ then why would you sell it as being advanced.

My Osmo is now just wasted plastic.

Same problem here my Mavic and my Osmo are junk now!
2022-4-13
Use props
fans81dcb672
New
United States

So now my Mavic and my Osmo Pocket are not working with my brand new Google Pixel 6 Pro... How is it that DJI can simply stop supporting their products? That $1500 for the junk Mavic Pro... And $400 for the Osmo... Those are expensive paperweights!! I've downloaded the apps from the DJI site and they still aren't working if some techs cod reach out I'd appreciate it but I'll likely be looking for reliable American replacent products
2022-4-13
Use props
fans81dcb672
New
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-10-13 00:36
fans... Well at least I think we now agree that the app has NOT been removed from the play  store. Now you just need to find out why it's considered non-compatible with your phone. Or... You could get an iPad and forget about it. ;-)

But it has been removed... There is a new Drone app but it doesn't work my Mavic 2 Pro is not working the FPV does not work at all.... The Mimo app for Osmo Pocket is GONE! with no replacement ... Iv tried to download it from DJI but that isn't working either so for all intensive purposes they are gone unless you buy their NEW models ... Which may be what the dirty bastards want just like Apple did, these guys all suck! 0- integrity
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules