test1.jpg

• Inspire 2 Compatibility
  • Super 35 Sensor
  • 6K CinemaDNG
  • 5.2K Apple ProRes
  • 14 Stops of Dynamic Range
  • 24 MP Stills

2222222.jpg

The Zenmuse X7 is a compact Super 35 camera with an integrated gimbal made for high-end filmmaking that delivers stunning resolution and image quality. Its compatibility with the Inspire 2 offers the best in next-level professional aerial cinematography. A 24 MP CMOS sensor rated at 14 stops of dynamic range preserves astonishing detail and offers both 6K CinemaDNG and 5.2K Apple ProRes with support for continuous RAW burst shooting at 20 fps and 24 MP stills.

The X7 also introduces the DL-Mount, the world's first integrated aerial lens mount that allows switching between four available prime lenses quickly. For seamless editing, a new DJI Cinema Color System preserves accurate colors for easier post-processing. These latest innovations allow filmmakers to reach new heights and capture scenes as they imagine them with the DJI Zenmuse X7.

Engineered for Excellence
for excellent.jpg
The X7 uses a Super 35 sensor, and its high readout speed supports RAW output at 6K/30 fps and 3.9K/59.94 fps. The pixel size reaches 3.91 µm and the diagonal length of the sensor is 26.6 mm when recording. A sensor this size offers a higher sensitivity to light and 14 stops of dynamic range — much wider than the 12.8 stops featured on the Zenmuse X5S.

Furthermore, the SNR of the X7 is 46 dB, 8 dB higher than the X5S, and the tonal range is as high as 9.41 bits. All of these features offer unlimited creative options for a better workflow in the most demanding situations on set.

huan san tu.png

Dynamic Range
revised one (1).jpg
SNR
huan.jpg
Wide Dynamic Range Scene
DR scean D-log_sm@2x - 副本.jpg
D-Log

DR scean Lut applied_sm@2x - 副本.jpg
LUT applied

DJI DL-Mount System
4444.jpg
Taking advantage of new FSI-Cu technology, the X7’s sensor features thinner interconnection, allowing light to reach the sensing area via a larger incident angle for increased photosensitivity. This enables a more compact lens mount to be used on this sensor while maintaining excellent image quality.

The flange focal distance of the DL-Mount is less than 17 mm – roughly 1/3 of the size of a PL-Mount. Such a compact mount means that the X7 weighs only about 630 g with a lens included. Together, the X7 and Inspire 2 weigh around just 4 kg with the ability to capture the same challenging shots as more heavy-duty setups weighing up to 40 kg.
55555.jpg

DL Lenses

jing tou.jpg

DJI offers four prime lenses for the DL-Mount system, with focal lengths ranging from 16-50 mm and resolutions of up to 8K. Made of lightweight carbon fiber and designed by world-leading optics teams, the four lenses have been embedded with advanced technologies crafted specifically for the X7’s high-end image sensor.
More Creative Flexibility

To unleash the X7's full potential, the CineCore image processing system on the Inspire 2 has been fully upgraded to CineCore 2.1. It is capable of recording 6K/30fps CinemaDNG and 5.2K/30fps Apple ProRes, leaving more creative options in post-production.

A brand new EI Mode has been integrated into CineCore 2.1, which can record high-quality footage at various levels of sensitivity. Additionally, the upgraded image processing system further reduces image artifacts and noise, preserving more details while adopting an improved dark level correction system for pro-level cinematic images.

Apart from improved image processing performance, CineCore 2.1 also features a new color system, giving professional filmmakers more creative flexibility in post-production.

A Game Changer from Shoot to Finish
revised one (2).jpg
To unlock the wide-ranging possibilities of DJI professional imaging systems and open more room for post-processing aerial photography in filmmaking, DJI is proud to introduce the brand new DJI Cinema Color System.

The new color system consists of a new D-Log curve and a D-Gamut RGB color space. With professional cinematography in mind, the D-Log can encode 15 stops of dynamic range, 2 stops higher than the Zenmuse X5S. Even in poor light conditions, the X7 can still preserve stunning detail in shadows and highlights, leaving more room for post-production creativity.  

D-Gamut covers the entire DCI-P3 color space commonly used in filmmaking. Tailored for aerial cinematography and stills photography, D-Gamut provides larger green tone coverage, delivering beautiful green gradation for your shoots.

D-Gamut also offers optimized skin tone adjustment by moving these tones to their most suitable chromaticity, ensuring vivid colors are reflected from every inch of skin. By applying the dedicated 3D-LUT in color grading, skin tones will softly transition, even with wide exposure differences. When designing D-Gamut, we considered manual color grading, preventing skin tones from turning yellow when editing without 3D-LUT or color management.

We are now working with multiple professional post-processing software companies to include D-Log and D-Gamut in their software to achieve universal compatibility with mainstream cinematic workflows as soon as possible.

Extended Dynamic Range

Wider dynamic range under similar settings.

huan extended dynamic range.png
Natural Highlight Roll Off

When adjusting image brightness during color grading, colors will fade out simultaneously with brightness.

huan highlight off.png
Balanced Color: Easier Grading

Saturation on R/G/B color is carefully balanced.

balanced color.png
Soft Skin Tone

Softer skin tone leaves more room for post-editing.

huan softed skin.png
More Creative Possibilities
In addition to official LUTs from DJI, many widely-available LUTs can also be used.
huan di dao er.jpg

Zenmuse X7
bottom_sm@2x.jpg

BUY IT NOW: https://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x7-lens-excluded
LEARN MORE : http://www.dji.com/zh-tw/zenmuse-x7
balanced color.png
2017-10-11
Use props
SUN
lvl.1
Greece

Come on dji I just bought X5
2017-10-11
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mind boggling features and performance of this new product do not really amaze me that much. The progress is inevitable, we can't win this never ending race. What amazes me the most is the obedience, discipline and loyalty of DJI employees, able and willing to keep the lid tight until the new product is officially announced. With thousands of people involved in development, prototyping, manufacturing and sweeping the floor it's hard to imagine how they keep leaks under control ...
2017-10-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Way way waaaaay beyond me, I have enough trouble working my cell phone camera...
2017-10-11
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

No mention of cost, I guess if you have to ask.....
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dancopter Posted at 2017-10-11 20:01
No mention of cost, I guess if you have to ask.....

It's available in our online store, please check more details about the price here: https://store.dji.com/product/ze ... d/extra-accessories
2017-10-11
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Think you made a bit false advertising in your spot..You said "Super 35mm", but how did you come to such a sizing comparison to MFT?? Looks more like a Full Frame comparison.
22467488_1684407661603655_101834811957220780_o.jpg
2017-10-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks great, but way out of my league.
2017-10-11
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-10-11 21:41
Think you made a bit false advertising in your spot..You said "Super 35mm", but how did you come to such a sizing comparison to MFT?? Looks more like a Full Frame comparison.

I agree, a  full 35mm frame sensor is 36x24 mm.
The "Super 35mm sensor" is a 23.5 x 15.7 mm 24 MP CMOS sensor with 3.91 um pixels.
This makes is a APS-C sensor as used in the Sony A6300 or Canon 80D/M5.
Maybe it is the sony Exmor IMX284?

2017-10-11
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

6K is here!!! with a price tag to match LOL - looks amazing but this is clearly for very serious professional videography and photography - film making productions bottom line. Great to see the tech advancing at the top of the chain.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your feedback, we have reported this to appropriate department for attention, please take this as standard. Sorry for the confusion and trouble caused.
X7.png
2017-10-11
Use props
Horvoros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239482 ft
France

Compatible with Osmo ?
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ACW Posted at 2017-10-11 23:16
6K is here!!! with a price tag to match LOL - looks amazing but this is clearly for very serious professional videography and photography - film making productions bottom line. Great to see the tech advancing at the top of the chain.

Thank you, it is designed for high-end filmmaking.
We will keep going to improve our products.
2017-10-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-11 20:34
It's available in our online store, please check more details about the price here: https://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x7-lens-excluded/extra-accessories

Expensive yes, but I am surprised. I expected it to be more expensive.
2017-10-11
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-11 23:33
Thanks for your feedback, we have reported this to appropriate department for attention, please take this as standard. Sorry for the confusion and trouble caused.

Dear Mindy, since you're mostly used to get critical emails, I am just letting you know you convinced me and I pre-ordered mine with the 50mm and the 16mm lenses. You can let the bosses know it was thanks to your posts. I am not good enough of a filmmaker, but I have plenty friends in line that are waiting to test it. I hope it gets here soon! Have a nice day and keep up the good work, we know it's not easy to be the public voice...
2017-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2017-10-11 23:00
I agree, a  full 35mm frame sensor is 36x24 mm.
The "Super 35mm sensor" is a 23.5 x 15.7 mm 24 MP CMOS sensor with 3.91 um pixels.
This makes is a APS-C sensor as used in the Sony A6300 or Canon 80D/M5.

unfortunately no further details on what sensor they actually use...
2017-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-11 23:33

no problem, just wanted to point it out. I'm sure many Filmmakers out there are frightened about that comparison (know a huge network thats discussing about it already)
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No, it is only compatible with Inspire 2 at present.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elektrica Posted at 2017-10-12 00:02
Dear Mindy, since you're mostly used to get critical emails, I am just letting you know you convinced me and I pre-ordered mine with the 50mm and the 16mm lenses. You can let the bosses know it was thanks to your posts. I am not good enough of a filmmaker, but I have plenty friends in line that are waiting to test it. I hope it gets here soon! Have a nice day and keep up the good work, we know it's not easy to be the public voice...

Elektrica, I'm flattered, appreciate your support to DJI product.
I believe you will become an excellent filmmaker, hope you will get it soon and share us with your experience.
Have a nice day.
2017-10-12
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes, someone made a snafu here.
2017-10-12
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

It's available in our online store, please check more details about the price here: https://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x7-lens-excluded/extra-accessories

Thanks, the price actually looks reasonable, comparable with a higher end DSLR.
2017-10-12
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Does it have autofocus and how it works for video? Are lenses AF lenses?

Also is Narrow view always at >30 fps or in h264 it can be uncropped?  From the spec it seems normal view: http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x7/info#specs
But from the table in this page is always in narrow: http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x7
2017-10-12
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

Really looks like a small mistake about comparison - it is a full frame, not Super35 mm on the picture.

But anyway - great upgrade from DJI, I was waiting for it since I2 release.

Mindy, could you please share with us with the next info about X7:

- exact sensor brand and model?
- bit depth of video (still 12 bit or higher?)
- Do we need to buy a new license keys for CineCore?
It is written that there is new CineCore 2.0 + it is obvious that we need some upgrade for CineCore to use 6K video.

thx
2017-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

Dinos6 Posted at 2017-10-12 02:47
Really looks like a small mistake about comparison - it is a full frame, not Super35 mm on the picture.

Here are the bitrates, but no further information about bit depth.. maybe dji can help here...
Still think you have to buy it.
Screenshot_20171012_131753.png
2017-10-12
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-10-12 03:20
Here are the bitrates, but no further information about bit depth..  maybe dji can help here...
Still think you have to buy it.

I see, thx for picture.
But I mean exactly bit depth, not bit rate - it is colour characteristic. Lets wait for DJI officials
2017-10-12
Use props
tdf66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15909 ft

Switzerland

Why no DNG Test Sample Image at the Download section?
2017-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

In the FAQ it seems that you only need the Key for CinemaDNG on the Inspire 2.
"Videos recorded by the Zenmuse X7 are processed by the CineCore 2.1 Image Processing System. A DJI Inspire 2 License Key unlocks CinemaDNG and/or Apple ProRes processing capabilities for CineCore 2.1."
Specs of the License show it can only do max 12bit: http://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key
2017-10-12
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-10-12 04:38
"Videos recorded by the Zenmuse X7 are processed by the CineCore 2.1 Image Processing System. A DJI Inspire 2 License Key unlocks CinemaDNG and/or Apple ProRes processing capabilities for CineCore 2.1."
Specs of the License show it can only do max 12bit: http://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key

yer, that is the main question:

Our current I2 has CineCore 2.0.
X7 requires CineCore 2.1 for DNG in 6K.
Will upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 be $$$-charged  again even though I already have CinemaDNG and Prores license keys for CineCore 2.0...
2017-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

Dinos6 Posted at 2017-10-12 05:31
yer, that is the main question:

Our current I2 has CineCore 2.0.

are you sure? Theres no 2.1 cinecore for purchase, so it should work with the 2.0 license.

Since the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 is just a minor release i don't really think it would cost extra money. Most major releases cost something, but never heard of a minor...
2017-10-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

The word "Super 35mm" is for for marketing, and it does sound like it is bigger than full-frame 35mm, but it isn't.

They did this with 35mm movie film as well, but all they did was crop the top and bottom off the full 35mm film frame to make it appear wider on the screen.  They actually lost much of the film resolution with the crop.

Now 8mm to Super 8mm film was an increase in individual frame size as the film sprocket holes shrunk so the frame could be made larger.  The "Super 35mm" term is more lie than truth as it is a fraction of full frame sensor, more like a APS-C but falling short of an APS-H sensor size.

The 16mm lens specifies "Super 35mm" coverage as it being a wide-angle lens, but it will have some vignetting so it fits the smaller APS-C sensor than the three other longer focal lengths which are advertised as fitting (or covering) a full 35mm sensor size.  Same would apply to the Laowa 7.5mm lens on the X5S that has a strong corner vignette wide open.

Wish they were more honest than saying "Super 35mm" and calling it for what it is, but the term was used in the past film era for marketing (Which is not always to be believed.).
2017-10-12
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks like an amazing bit of kit!

We can sit here and analyse every single feature in depth.

The reality is - from the raw specs - this represents probably the best value pro-level camera on the market.

That might sound like a bold statement but I couldn't believe how cheap it was in the UK.

Great work from DJI - just need to get my hands on one now!

Heliguy are doing a 'Trade Up' from the X5S too which should be useful as I'll probably stop using the X5S anyway the moment the X7 comes in - https://www.heliguy.com/dji-zenmuse-x7-camera-no-lens-p4745
2017-10-12
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

incredible!
2017-10-12
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes amazing, but if we stay with X5S and the Cinecore update is "forced" on us, we would loose some H264/H265  choices by the look of it?I hope the Cinecore 2.1 will only be installed with the X7 gimbal attached or we will loose big time.
2017-10-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mindy

Thanks for your support and help on the forum. This is an exciting new camera platform for the Inspire 2. For me though, this is more camera than my abilities.... but really looks to be a nice addition.

Rich
2017-10-12
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Osmo 2 confirmed? I personally would've used a more vague phrase than this lol
Capture.PNG
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, Dinos, here are the answers of your questions.
1. It's confidential, sorry that we cannot provide this info. Appreciate your understanding.
2. Hope the following info could help you. bit.png
3. There is no need to buy another license key.

Please keep us posted if you have any further questions.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-10-12 04:38

The previous license key works with Zenmuse  X7, no need to purchase another one.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-12 13:41
Hi Mindy

Thanks for your support and help on the forum. This is an exciting new camera platform for the Inspire 2. For me though, this is more camera than my abilities.... but really looks to be a nice addition.

Hi, Rich, long time no see.
Yeah, it is too professional, if you would like to make a film, it would be a good choice.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cat824 Posted at 2017-10-12 14:25
Osmo 2 confirmed? I personally would've used a more vague phrase than this lol

There is no any additional info about Osmo 2 yet, please note the future release in DJI website.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-10-12 08:58
Yes amazing, but if we stay with X5S and the Cinecore update is "forced" on us, we would loose some H264/H265  choices by the look of it?I hope the Cinecore 2.1 will only be installed with the X7 gimbal attached or we will loose big time.

Currently, Cinecore 2.1 is only available with X7, I don't think we will loose H264/H265 choice of X5S.
No worries. But please pay attention to the future update anyway.
2017-10-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules