12Next >
13676 45 2017-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
likeajc
New
Brazil

Hey folks,

I bought yesterday a drone DJI Spark, combo Fly More. I did all the procedures before flying the aircraft, calibrated all the sensors, updated all the firmware (aircraft, battery, control, etc), recharged one of the batteries and made a test flight using gesture control. Then I set the batteries to recharge, and when the charge was complete, I unplugged them. Today, I went flying outside for the first time, I took a flight with one of the batteries, everything ok. Until it was over and of course I changed to the other. It turns out that when I turned on the drone, a warning appeared: "Can not take off", and below the words "Warning - Cannot take off. Battery cell voltage error. Please change the battery or contact DJI Support.". So I did, I contacted DJI support through the DJI GO 4 app. The attendant, Richard, was extremely kind, and instructed me to leave the drone turned on without the propellers so the battery would drain completely. So I did, then I fully reloaded it into the hub and tried to take off again. Same problem, same words on the screen. I took a Screenshot and I'm attaching it. I would like an orientation. I looked all over the internet for something that could help me, but unfortunately I did not find anything, only people guiding to update the battery firmware. It turns out that mine is up to date, I even tried to download the DJI Assistant on my Mac, but everything is up to date, everything ok, I tried factory reset defaults and also nothing working. At the moment I'm once again trying to drain the battery and I will recharge it again, but I do not think I will succeed.
Please help me!

Best regards

João César.

Battery Voltage Error

Battery Voltage Error
2017-10-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Looks like a warranty thing to me.
I would go to the dealer and ask for assistance to get that batterie to DJI.
In case, it is a "customer friendly" dealer, he may even change it to a spare batt. so that you dont have to wait for another battery.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Likeajc, did you have an extra battery, you can try the extra one. If not, please provide the screenshot of the "Aircraft Battery" in the setting. Thanks.
2017-10-11
Use props
Daniel PL
New
Poland

I have an identical problem how to solve it
2017-10-12
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tap the battery icon on the app with the drone turned on and this will bring up the information on your battery. Below the three green cell boxes is a voltage read out for each cell - if there is a variance of >.10  between any of the cells it will not take off and this seems to be your problem - the best thing to do in this situation is to attempt to reset the battery by completely discharging it until it automatically goes into hibernation mode with all of the LED's turning off by itself (around 0% power) - let the battery cool down to room temperature for a good 20 minutes straight after the discharge then put it back into the hub and FULLY recharge it until all of the lights go out again - not 99%, 100%. Then put the battery back into the drone and see what effect this has - if you still have the same problem then I'm sorry to say you have a voltage drop issue with the battery which makes it a defective cell and can not be used. Your only remaining option if that is the case is to return it under warranty and get it replaced with a new one. Don't waste your time with firmware updates and resetting everything - the problem is not the drone, its the battery.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-12 10:19
Tap the battery icon on the app with the drone turned on and this will bring up the information on your battery. Below the three green cell boxes is a voltage read out for each cell - if there is a variance of >.10  between any of the cells it will not take off and this seems to be your problem - the best thing to do in this situation is to attempt to reset the battery by completely discharging it until it automatically goes into hibernation mode with all of the LED's turning off by itself (around 0% power) - let the battery cool down to room temperature for a good 20 minutes straight after the discharge then put it back into the hub and FULLY recharge it until all of the lights go out again - not 99%, 100%. Then put the battery back into the drone and see what effect this has - if you still have the same problem then I'm sorry to say you have a voltage drop issue with the battery which makes it a defective cell and can not be used. Your only remaining option if that is the case is to return it under warranty and get it replaced with a new one. Don't waste your time with firmware updates and resetting everything - the problem is not the drone, its the battery.

In case you come to determine that this is a defect and that you are in the warranty period, you may want to contact Customer Support to have a technician look at your product: http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Daniel PL Posted at 2017-10-12 10:06
I have an identical problem how to solve it

Daniel, please try to drain the battery first and then fully charge them and see if it works. BTW, when did the error message appear?  
2017-10-12
Use props
Slokyeo
New
Indonesia

I have the same problem. I also bought it just for one day, and it shows me that error too.
I have tried discharge it until 0% and then fully charge it. but the third led keep blinking green every seconds. and it wont stop blinking.
I think its faulty.

have anyone found a solution for this?
2017-10-14
Use props
JMSpark1971
New
Flight distance : 4370 ft
United States

I’m new to drones but have been flying RC planes and helicopters for about 25 years.  These LiPo batteries have a tendency of going bad specially if they are completely drained.  I don’t think its a good practice to discharge them completely.  It it quite posible that you received a bad pack and pretty much if it is defective there is nothing you could do to fix it other than replace it.  The problem with the LiPo batteries is that the voltage has to be equal along all the cells within the battery for it to work properly.  As the software and batteries get more sophisticated we now have more info on battery status therefore alerting you of a posible problem with the batteries.  In short see if you could get it replaced under warranty following the previous posts suggestions and always keep in mind not to let the batteries drain completely and use an OEM charger that charges and balances all the cells equally.
2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

As long it is happening in the warranty period of the batteries, it is "only" an annoyance.
2017-10-14
Use props
fans00e7a1b2
New
United States

Same issue here. Did the same thing (discharge the battery, and full charge), twice, still not working and the drone ain't flying. I decided to return the product altogether through Amazon Prime since seems like DJI repair is very slow.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Slokyeo Posted at 2017-10-14 08:26
I have the same problem. I also bought it just for one day, and it shows me that error too.
I have tried discharge it until 0% and then fully charge it. but the third led keep blinking green every seconds. and it wont stop blinking.
I think its faulty.

It may caused by the high voltage of the battery. Please stop charging the battery and cool down the battery and see if the led light becomes normal again. If the error message from app still exists, please contact our support :http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans00e7a1b2 Posted at 2017-10-19 12:11
Same issue here. Did the same thing (discharge the battery, and full charge), twice, still not working and the drone ain't flying. I decided to return the product altogether through Amazon Prime since seems like DJI repair is very slow.

I would recommend you contact our support first, I think they will try their best to help you: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-20
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

I’m in the habit or not letting the battery get below 10%, a total discharge isn’t good for this type of battery and can be seen by the various problems reported on this forum.

When at 10% i let the battery cool down for 30 minutes then charge up to full again.

These batteries are the very heart of the spark and need close attention to keep them in the best health.

Let’s hope these fast fancy chargers are not causing these problems.......................

2017-10-20
Use props
fans20e41c87
New
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-20 07:14
I’m in the habit or not letting the battery get below 10%, a total discharge isn’t good for this type of battery and can be seen by the various problems reported on this forum.

When at 10% i let the battery cool down for 30 minutes then charge up to full again.

Had this same issue.  They are having me send it back but it says they want to repair it.  Luckily I have another battery to fly .  Disappointed!!
2017-11-22
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

.definitely the SPARK current version has issues with Wifi disconnection, RC disconnect in mid air and bad video signal within 20 meters ! !

is there any use of a drone without these primary functions ))
2017-11-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

sibu Posted at 2017-11-22 21:06
.definitely the SPARK current version has issues with Wifi disconnection, RC disconnect in mid air and bad video signal within 20 meters ! !

is there any use of a drone without these primary functions ))

oh, I thought this topic is about battery problems!
2017-11-22
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223025 ft
Netherlands

Same here, Fly more combo pack. 2 batterys, 1 doesnt work.

just bought iT today
2017-11-24
Use props
fans2ca766dd
New
Flight distance : 18760 ft
United Kingdom

Same here , Fly more combo and one battery is faulty !
2017-11-24
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

Looks like a production fault or something
2017-11-24
Use props
Ada2017
New

Belgium

Same problem here! Just got it today, opened, activated, updated following the standard procedure, but CANNOT FLY due to the same battery voltage error. Really frustrated. Anyone gets an idea why this is happening? Already so many people are reporting the same problem within one month cannot imagine how many others share the same problem!
2017-11-24
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ada2017 Posted at 2017-11-24 15:04
Same problem here! Just got it today, opened, activated, updated following the standard procedure, but CANNOT FLY due to the same battery voltage error. Really frustrated. Anyone gets an idea why this is happening? Already so many people are reporting the same problem within one month cannot imagine how many others share the same problem!

Hi Ada,

Did you also buy the Fly More Combo?
2017-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Dutch Sjoerd Posted at 2017-11-24 23:50
Hi Ada,

Did you also buy the Fly More Combo?

Good question!
As I understand this topic, it is in the fly more combo one good and one bad one.
I just can't recall, how they were delivered.
Can it be, only on of 'em comes packed in a little white box, like if you would buy one extra?
I think knowing can help, to find the faulty charge.
2017-11-25
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

Went in the store today where i bought it. There where more people with the same problem, and thats just the store in my city. There must be a lot of bad batteries worldwide i guess
2017-11-25
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 00:32
Good question!
As I understand this topoc, it is in tye fly more combo one good and one bad one.
I just can't recall, how they were delivered.

No, not a white box like you buy a extra battery in store.
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Dutch Sjoerd Posted at 2017-11-25 11:49
No, not a white box like you buy a extra battery in store.

Maybe I confuse something here.
I cant recall, how the batteries get delivered in the fly more combo.
Is/was  one in the Spark and one aside?

Other question: The firmware of the batteries is up2date?
2017-11-25
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 11:56

1 in Spark and 1 aside (without white battery box).

Yes, all is updated
2017-11-25
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-25 11:56

1 in Spark and 1 aside (without white battery box).

Yes, all is updated
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

By any chance, do you "cell voltage error" guys know which of the two batts you have, was delivered aside or in the Spark?
And what is the manufacturing date of your Sparks?
Would be interesting for trying to find a rule/cause, I think.
2017-11-25
Use props
BRAD S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113586 ft
United States

Same problem occurred two days ago.  I got my Spark in July, and my other 2 battery’s are working  fine. Received a return label from DJI as soon as I contacted them. I wonder if having ‘Refresh’ helped to speed things up?  
2017-11-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Dutch Sjoerd Posted at 2017-11-25 11:47
Went in the store today where i bought it. There where more people with the same problem, and thats just the store in my city. There must be a lot of bad batteries worldwide i guess

Did anyone checked on the serialnumbers of them? Having more people in one shop is a good chance to see coherences
2017-11-25
Use props
s5er
lvl.2
Slovenia

I also have fly more combo and had similar battery problem. "Cannot takeoff due to the large voltage difference among battery cells" Tried everything to fix this, even though I knew that battery probably cannot be fixed. After some strange suggestions how to fix it, I received clear message from DJI support that the battery is faulty and needs to be replaced. Battery was sent to DJI support and received new one which is working fine.
2017-11-25
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

I sended this photos to dji support

They told me earlier i had propably error 129 or 130. But i dont have that error code, i updated all batteries. I also have the Mavic for a year now....never had problems with updating or faulty batteries
2017-11-27
Use props
geppetto4
New
United States

I just had this exact problem occur on my 6 day old Fly more combo.  I bought an extra battery and one of them crapped out right out of the box.  Same voltage error message... I contacted DJI and they are sending me a new battery with a shipping label to send back the bad battery.  I feel like this is a super common issue with these batteries.. Anyone care to weigh in?
I have a buddy who bought a Phantom 4 and had to send back one of the batteries right away...  Whats the deal?  
2017-12-6
Use props
fans34082cab
lvl.1

Mexico

I’ve got the very same message. Here’s my screen “print out”. Is the voltaje variation to high in this case? I wouldnt say so!
2017-12-8
Use props
Road1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5315 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a New Spark Fly more combo and opened it yesterday and had the same problem with one battery. Battery cell Voltage Error. Drone would not take off and battery would not charge properly. I ran the battery
down and recharged and it still failed. Received the Blinking light error on the Third Led of the battery. Already
contacted DJi support and should be sending the battery back in a few days.
2017-12-16
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19285 ft
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-12 10:19
Tap the battery icon on the app with the drone turned on and this will bring up the information on your battery. Below the three green cell boxes is a voltage read out for each cell - if there is a variance of >.10  between any of the cells it will not take off and this seems to be your problem - the best thing to do in this situation is to attempt to reset the battery by completely discharging it until it automatically goes into hibernation mode with all of the LED's turning off by itself (around 0% power) - let the battery cool down to room temperature for a good 20 minutes straight after the discharge then put it back into the hub and FULLY recharge it until all of the lights go out again - not 99%, 100%. Then put the battery back into the drone and see what effect this has - if you still have the same problem then I'm sorry to say you have a voltage drop issue with the battery which makes it a defective cell and can not be used. Your only remaining option if that is the case is to return it under warranty and get it replaced with a new one. Don't waste your time with firmware updates and resetting everything - the problem is not the drone, its the battery.

I'm a rank newbie with the same problem.  One of the 3 new batteries I just bought has this problem after the first charge.  Based on additional answers from Mark and Elektra below, I take it this is DJI's position as well - so I tried this routine.  This is a great explanation and process - but I had a couple of questions.

1. How to discharge?  I had the Spark powered on in standby, watching the cells via DJI GO 4 until it went to 0%.  Then I disconnected and waited a few more minutes and the Spark auto-powered off.  Before I disconnected, the middle cell was red, the other two were still green.  I assume this was the right way?  I've found no official doc re: how to discharge to 0%, and plenty of warnings *not* to do that.

2. How to get it to go into hibernation now?  After the auto-power-off, I still get one blinking light when I press the battery button.  When I try to start the Spark (two presses and hold), it does not start...but it's been over the 20 minutes you mentioned, the battery is back to room temp, and I still get the one blinking light...no hibernation mode yet.  I don't want to start charging again until then, right?

I'm not yet tuned into the details, but this info helped.  At 100% charge, there was .15-.20 variance across cells #2 and #3, and cell #1 was highest.  Over the discharge, they became closer together - for awhile under .10, until the charge was getting low - and then there was again over .10 variance.  The battery shows 0 charges although I charged it once to take it out of hibernation the first time.
2017-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you have a defective battery - you’ll need to replace it. Raise a ticket with DJI support or return it to where you bought it for a brand new replacement. Batteries are covered under warranty for 6 months or 200 charge cycles.
2017-12-18
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-18 01:48
Sounds like you have a defective battery - you’ll need to replace it. Raise a ticket with DJI support or return it to where you bought it for a brand new replacement. Batteries are covered under warranty for 6 months or 200 charge cycles.

Thanks.  I checked this morning and the battery was in hibernate, so I'm charging it one last time before I give up.  If I have the same problem I'll raise a ticket.  I bought it online from across the nation, so hopefully returning it will be a clear, easy process...
2017-12-18
Use props
Psyches
lvl.2
United States

Psyches Posted at 2017-12-18 10:09
Thanks.  I checked this morning and the battery was in hibernate, so I'm charging it one last time before I give up.  If I have the same problem I'll raise a ticket.  I bought it online from across the nation, so hopefully returning it will be a clear, easy process...

Well, it does look like I have a defective battery.  Full charge from hibernation seemed to work, but battery again has the problem.  I'll now take this up with DJI support directly.
2017-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules