Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X7 still picture samples
5357 28 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Hey DJI,

Given that it was not possible to get samples for the X5S I guess it won't be possible either to get some for the X7 and I will have to wait for "unofficial" ones from the first users.
Still it doesn't cost anything to ask so I am trying my luck

And yes I am aware that there is a 1.5GB file to download but I am talking about RAW-format old-fashioned still photographs, typically shot with the drone hovering rather than flying at full speed to demonstrate some "cinematic" capabilities...

2017-10-12
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am also very interested in this, I would like to see some at different apertures and maybe a few o  the lenses. aswell as video work I tend to take a lot of stills and the x5s is not bad but still a bit soft and need something more.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

That is a reasonable request. However, I would just watch out for some of the product reviews by independent reviewers for the photos you are requesting on.
2017-10-12
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I need to know these lenses are worth the price tag, I could get premium zeiss lenses for my sony a7r2 for this.
2017-10-12
Use props
orion0007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308642 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-12 13:41
That is a reasonable request. However, I would just watch out for some of the product reviews by independent reviewers for the photos you are requesting on.

Why can't DJI provide sample pictures of this very expensive new camera. are you hiding something.
I tend to not trust DJI anymore every product they put out has many problems and the consumer ends up paying for it buyer beware.
2017-10-12
Use props
SpreadingWingsF
New
Flight distance : 93346 ft
Australia

Sample ProRes fils are available to download .
2017-10-12
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Yes there are 3 ProRes files to download but I am talking about raw still pictures. I downloaded 1.5GB of data only to find out their video showing the skin tones is only 4000 pixels wide. As someone interested in still photography I would just need a couple of DNG still photographs, which I guess would be 30-40MB each... A subject like a landscape would also be closer to what people use a drone for, as far as still photography is concerned.

I don't think they want to hide anything, they just seem to care only about video and beside have a very restrictive communication policy with forum moderators only repeating what is written on the website...
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ukaleq Posted at 2017-10-13 02:05
Yes there are 3 ProRes files to download but I am talking about raw still pictures. I downloaded 1.5GB of data only to find out their video showing the skin tones is only 4000 pixels wide. As someone interested in still photography I would just need a couple of DNG still photographs, which I guess would be 30-40MB each... A subject like a landscape would also be closer to what people use a drone for, as far as still photography is concerned.

I don't think they want to hide anything, they just seem to care only about video and beside have a very restrictive communication policy with forum moderators only repeating what is written on the website...

The sample file in our website will be updated soon, please wait a moment, thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI Mindy any news on the sample files, I really would like to see the DNG files of a couple of the lenses, just stills not video. 70% of my work is stills and I would need to know if this is worth the upgrade from the x5s.
2017-10-17
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Any one cares to comment on the ProRes files on the web site? I am a completely noob on photo/video quality. Hopefully, I will learn something here.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skyris Posted at 2017-10-17 15:25
Hi DJI Mindy any news on the sample files, I really would like to see the DNG files of a couple of the lenses, just stills not video. 70% of my work is stills and I would need to know if this is worth the upgrade from the x5s.

The website has been updated, please check out, thanks, samples.png
2017-10-18
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 01:19
The website has been updated, please check out, thanks,[view_image]

Hi Mindy. I have seen these and they look great colours and sharpness look very good, they seem to be at a lower resolution than the full 6016 x 4008 that are on the spec sheet on the DJI website. these are at 5760 x 3240.
Can we request DJI to upload a full resolution still dng, would be great if it was an aerial shot as this is where I will be taking most of my pictures

As I use the inspire for 60-70% photogrpahy I want to make sure the camera is sharp before I take the plunge and purchase this camera.
The x5s with olympus and the panasonic copy lenses were always soft at 70%-100% crop. I need to see if DJI have fixed this with the new camera and lens set up.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skyris Posted at 2017-10-18 15:04
Hi Mindy. I have seen these and they look great colours and sharpness look very good, they seem to be at a lower resolution than the full 6016 x 4008 that are on the spec sheet on the DJI website. these are at 5760 x 3240.
Can we request DJI to upload a full resolution still dng, would be great if it was an aerial shot as this is where I will be taking most of my pictures

Sure, we will transfer your request to appropriate department for update, thanks for your patience.
2017-10-19
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Mindy
2017-10-20
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

have you heard anything from DJI regarding your request?
2017-11-1
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-1 13:41
have you heard anything from DJI regarding your request?

No Still Waiting, I am guessing we have to wait for a review from a buyer but will have to wait until shipping commences. really interested to see how the lenses perform for the heavy price tag...
2017-11-2
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

if they develop a full frame what will that price tag be!!!
2017-11-2
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Yes that's a bit frustrating to have to pay so much when you're more interested in still photos. A combination of a very basic gimbal and better sensor would be imaginable for a lower price! Alas I don't think there is really a market for that.
2017-11-3
Use props
marian.riabic.g
lvl.2
Flight distance : 962828 ft
Australia

I have seen one DNG sample on RCG with 16mm . It was a landscape shpt, heavily underexposed and shot into the sun at sunset. Not the best example for eveluation but to me it was soft and lacking any fine details. I am a a professional architectural photographer working with excellent Canon TS-E  lenses. The sample looked horrible when it comes to sharpness and detail when I opened it in LR CC. As I said not the greates example but still pretty disappointing IQ considering this is from a dedicated $1,300 16mm lens
2017-11-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

marian.riabic.g Posted at 2017-11-14 09:26
I have seen one DNG sample on RCG with 16mm . It was a landscape shpt, heavily underexposed and shot into the sun at sunset. Not the best example for eveluation but to me it was soft and lacking any fine details. I am a a professional architectural photographer working with excellent Canon TS-E  lenses. The sample looked horrible when it comes to sharpness and detail when I opened it in LR CC. As I said not the greates example but still pretty disappointing IQ considering this is from a dedicated $1,300 16mm lens

Hasselblad made a 16mm LF f/2.8 (Pancake) lens in a Sony E-mount that had soft edges in reviews, but abandoned it to Sony with the same reports of it having soft edges too.  Don't know if it made it onto DJI's X7, but it seems a likely candidate as it was only 67 grams and retails for $248 at B&H photo.

Given that the X7 seems delayed, I wonder how DxO came up with one for their recent sensor score?  They had to have the drone as well as the firmware for the X7 and a lens.  Makes me a bit skeptical if the real world ones may not be as good as the one they got to test.  The off-the-shelf reviewers might be more telling once they show up.

Hope they got their tilted sensor thing addressed, as well as the magenta tint of the manual white balance in the X5 series too.

Waiting to read the reviews....
2017-11-14
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

marian.riabic.g Posted at 2017-11-14 09:26

$2200 lens for us in Australia..
more tempted every day to skip this version..  x5s is a bloody good cinema cam, mushy for stills. Like you I take a lot of stills for architecture for cg photomontage and mush at 100% crop.
2017-11-14
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-14 09:59
Hasselblad made a 16mm LF f/2.8 (Pancake) lens in a Sony E-mount that had soft edges in reviews, but abandoned it to Sony with the same reports of it having soft edges too.  Don't know if it made it onto DJI's X7, but it seems a likely candidate as it was only 67 grams and retails for $248 at B&H photo.

Given that the X7 seems delayed, I wonder how DxO came up with one for their recent sensor score?  They had to have the drone as well as the firmware for the X7 and a lens.  Makes me a bit skeptical if the real world ones may not be as good as the one they got to test.  The off-the-shelf reviewers might be more telling once they show up.

I am wondering this too, DXO have great lens reviews and strange how the sensor has only been tested.
2017-11-14
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

What are the sharpest lenses with the X5S? I would still be tempted to use it to create panoramas as you guys suggested. Do you shoot the frames manually or do you rely on a third-party application?
2017-11-15
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-15 15:45
What are the sharpest lenses with the X5S? I would still be tempted to use it to create panoramas as you guys suggested. Do you shoot the frames manually or do you rely on a third-party application?

Shoot manual as the camera always seems to tilt, you have to manually adjust this, I found the sharpest lens to be the stock 15mm lens. I have the oly 12mm, oly 14-42, oly 9-18 and the stock is def the sharpest and fastest..
2017-11-16
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-15 15:45

Low res sample taken with the Inspire x5s and stock 15mm lens
2017-11-16
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-16 15:25
[view_image]
Low res sample taken with the Inspire x5s and stock 15mm lens

Thanks, that is GREAT. Much appreciated as it is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do myself.
How big is the oiriginal? How many pictures was it assembled from?
Any chance to upload that big file somewhere?
2017-11-17
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-17 02:33
Thanks, that is GREAT. Much appreciated as it is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do myself.
How big is the oiriginal? How many pictures was it assembled from?
Any chance to upload that big file somewhere?

sent it via PM
2017-11-17
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

Any ne samples out there? Can't believe nobody using this cam!
Interested for full res sample dng's in 4:3 ratio.
Does anyone has some shots to share?

Chris
2018-2-19
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

No?
No one?
Nothing at all?

I never buy a X7 & lenses & Inspire blindely...

So i will look for an option to carry my D810 around... Then i have sharp shots for sure and not "maybe sharp" and often soft...
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules