Remote beeping non stop!!
24007 27 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hey,

I did all the updates necessary and it was working fine for the first flight tests. Then I went a bit further with the drone, almost 250 meters away, and the remote disconnected, luckily it returned back home safely.

I was reading about changing the wifi signal to 2,4 ghz, so I tried doing that, and all of a sudden my remote started beeping non stop. Red light on the remote flashes and beeps constantly, I left it to beep almost 20 minutes and it didn't stop. Every time i turn on the remote it starts flashing red, and after 15 seconds it starts beeping and flashing red and it will not stop.

I contacted dji support, we refreshed the firmware of the ac through dji assistant2, but still the remote is beeping and beeping. I managed to link the remote to the aircraft, but the image from the ac camera does not come up.

Then I tried recalibrating the remote, but the calibration proces does not work either, the sticks in the remote are on the neutral center position, but on the phone screen the dots to calibrate are moving constantly. When i try to move the sticks on the remote, the dots on the phone screen will just move randomly making it impossible to finish the calibration process.

Next thing i tried is to update the firmware of the remote, and here is when I found another problem. I cannot see what firmware is on, and the app does not tell me to upgrade or update it either, although I knew that I had the newest version 01.00.0400. But now if i try to check that on the menu settings, about, it says N/A. The aircraft is still in 01.00.0600.

Also tried downgrading my dji4 app, so I went from 4.1.9 to 4.1.5 to try if that could help, but did not.

Tried also resetting the wifi on the remote by pressing pause, fn, and c1. Nothing.
Tried linking the remote with the aircraft using the linking buttong from the dji4 app, it will link and flash green and red at the same time and keeps beeping, no camera available.

If I use the phone to fly the drone it has no problems at all, but I really want to fly it with the remote, that is why I bought the flymore combo.

Please give me your thoughts, I don't know what else to do.
2017-10-12
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Close the remote, close the phone wifi.

Connect the aircraft to your computer via Assistant2 and click reset factory default. When finished, close it and disconnect from the computer.

Restart the aircraft and do the reset wifi ( press the button 10 seconds to hear 3rd time beeps) then close it.

Start the remote and do the same to reset it's wifi then close it.

Now go for the regular linking the romote to the aircraft.

good luck

2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-10-12 09:43

Connect the aircraft to your computer via Assistant2 and click reset factory default. When finished, close it and disconnect from the computer.

Some good suggestions there. In addition, please make sure that the remote and aircraft both have the latest firmware updates. If the firmware is mismatched, you would not be able to link the remote to the aircraft.
2017-10-12
Use props
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-12 11:44
Some good suggestions there. In addition, please make sure that the remote and aircraft both have the latest firmware updates. If the firmware is mismatched, you would not be able to link the remote to the aircraft.

Hey Mark,

Just cant really have the same firmware as my remote shows no firmware available and does not give me an option to update it. It is stuck on checking version....ac is in 01.00.0600 and remote shows N/A. The latest firmware that was showing before going crazy was the 01.00.0400 for the remote.
2017-10-12
Use props
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-10-12 09:43

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it didnt work...
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_zukMMqr Posted at 2017-10-12 18:22

Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-12
Use props
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-12 19:24
Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks for your support.

I have now 4.1.9 before i was trying with 4.1.5. and the aircraft is in 01.00.060.

Thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_zukMMqr Posted at 2017-10-13 00:58
I have now 4.1.9 before i was trying with 4.1.5. and the aircraft is in 01.00.060.

Thanks.

Can you see the wifi of your RC showed on your phone? If not, please try to press the power button of the RC for 9 sec and you will hear 3 beep. Please keep us updated.
2017-10-13
Use props
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-13 01:55
Can you see the wifi of your RC showed on your phone? If not, please try to press the power button of the RC for 9 sec and you will hear 3 beep. Please keep us updated.

Hi,

As soon as i turn on the remote, it will start flashing red no noise until about 15 to 20 seconds....no wifi signal until then. After that it will start beeping and the wifi will come up on my phone. I can connect to the remote on my wifi but the beeping never stops and it keeps flashing red.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_zukMMqr Posted at 2017-10-13 03:34
Hi,

As soon as i turn on the remote, it will start flashing red no noise until about 15 to 20 seconds....no wifi signal until then. After that it will start beeping and the wifi will come up on my phone. I can connect to the remote on my wifi but the beeping never stops and it keeps flashing red.

Please consider Electra's suggestion. Sometimes resetting will resolve many issues.
2017-10-13
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

djiuser_zukMMqr Posted at 2017-10-12 18:22

Try one more time but keep in mind to update the aircraft firmware after the( resetting to factory default ) I forgot to mention this last time.
2017-10-13
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

This is a new problem I haven't seen before.  Hope you can resolve the issues.  If not, I'm sure DJI will replace it for you.
2017-10-13
Use props
djiuser_zukMMqr
lvl.1
Indonesia

I have tried all of the suggestions above, and the beeps keeps on going I have been trying all solutions possible for a week now, no succsess.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_zukMMqr Posted at 2017-10-13 17:30
I have tried all of the suggestions above, and the beeps keeps on going I have been trying all solutions possible for a week now, no succsess.

In this case, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Hope it will be solved soon. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-13
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5X
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292612 ft
Singapore

Hello,

My DJI Spark Remote Controller keeps beeping.  I have a similar issue as "djiuser_zukMMqr"

I updated my DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.22 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and connected with my Spark with the remote control while using an OTG cable.  The firmware updated on the Spark with all my batteries and when I check, I have the following firmware:
•        Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0900
•        Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0400
•        DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.22

I can rarely connect my remote control and the Spark.  99% of the time my remote control will try to connect but after 14 to 15 seconds, it will just start beeping constantly.  Here is a 34 second video of this happening:  

I tried re-calibrating the remote, but the sticks in the remote are on the neutral center position, but on the phone screen the dots to calibrate are moving constantly. When i try to move the sticks on the remote, the dots on the phone screen will just move randomly making it impossible to finish the calibration process.

What can I do?  How do I reset the remote controller or is there a way to re-install the firmware in the remote control?

Looking forward to any help I can get…  Thanks.

Hsien in Singapore.
2018-1-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_UDKDQ5X Posted at 2018-1-1 19:20
Hello,

My DJI Spark Remote Controller keeps beeping.  I have a similar issue as "djiuser_zukMMqr"

What does the signal screen on the phone say about the 2.4ghz channels?  Are any open?  Is there lots of green channels it can use or are they all tall and red with usage and noise?  The remote won't indicate green until it has a good channel to use as a link to the Spark.
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5X
lvl.2
Singapore

Thanks for replying. Will have to check when i get back (im at work now). Thanks!
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5X
lvl.2
Singapore

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-1 19:39
What does the signal screen on the phone say about the 2.4ghz channels?  Are any open?  Is there lots of green channels it can use or are they all tall and red with usage and noise?  The remote won't indicate green until it has a good channel to use as a link to the Spark.

I checked and my phone's connection with the remote is on 5.8ghz (not 2.4ghz) and I don't seem to be able to change it - even when I enter the manual settings.  I think it's my remote controller that is faulty...  I made a video of the main issues I'm facing.  Try to watch with the video with the volume on so you can hear how I describe the situation and hear the beeping etc...  Here is the video:

This has been exasperating and I can't fly my drone for more than a week now...  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank in advance.

Regards,
Hsien from Singapore.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_UDKDQ5X Posted at 2018-1-3 06:46
I checked and my phone's connection with the remote is on 5.8ghz (not 2.4ghz) and I don't seem to be able to change it - even when I enter the manual settings.  I think it's my remote controller that is faulty...  I made a video of the main issues I'm facing.  Try to watch with the video with the volume on so you can hear how I describe the situation and hear the beeping etc...  Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/fVJHws-qlas

The 5.8ghz band looks clear from interference.  The one thing I notice is that you start the Spark linking and then the remote.  I also have never used the three button hold thing.  Is that a reset or link start?  I used the app to start the remote linking.  Then I started the Spark looking for the link.

Try letting the remote start the link then have the spark start looking for the link after the remote.  I think the remote picks and establishes the channel and the Spark is started to find it.  Like this guy's tutorial starting at 4:00.  

The sticks moving on their own doesn't look good.  It could be broken.  Reset the remote to factory settings then start over?

You could try connecting to the spark with just the phone (9 second power button hold) and using that to set the spark to the same 2.4 or 5.8 band that the remote is on.  Try it in case the Spark didn't switch bands when the remote did.
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5X
lvl.2
Singapore

Hi Gunship9,

Thanks for your reply.

I usually start the remote control first, then the Spark.  But I did it the other way round in the video because the remote would start beeping (in 14 to 15 seconds) even before the Spark could start sending out its wifi signal.  The end result whether I turn on the remote first or the Spark first is the same - beeping incessantly, cannot see any image on my phone from the Spark and cannot calibrate because the dots move on their own and can't be controlled with the sticks on the remote control.  The 3-button hold thing -holding down the Pause, Fn and Right Function button is for starting the linking process on the remote with the Spark.

I can connect to the Spark with only my phone by holding down the battery button for 2 beeps and linking the Spark's wifi with my phone.  It seems to work just fine like this (got image from the Spark and I can take off - motors spin up but without props) .  But I can;t get the damn thing to work with the remote and the remote beeps incessantly no matter what I do.  Damn!  That's why I think it's the remote that's gone bonkers and i need to re-set it somehow.

How do I reset the remote to factory settings???
2018-1-3
Use props
robertv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25833 ft
United Kingdom

REMOTE BEEPING...CURED..at least for me!
I had exactly the same faults as described here....frustrating...tried everything..then I found the problem.
its one of these things, so do all four, and it may cure your problem...im so happy now.
#1  your spark  battery is too cold...warm it up.
#2 your controller is too cold...warm it up.
#3 move your sticks around a bit and return to center.
#4 move the sport mode switch back and forth couple of times..then back to off.
now turn on the spark...now the controller...flash red....then green solid.........hope it works 4 u too.
2018-1-20
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5X
lvl.2
Singapore

robertv Posted at 2018-1-20 06:44
REMOTE BEEPING...CURED..at least for me!
I had exactly the same faults as described here....frustrating...tried everything..then I found the problem.
its one of these things, so do all four, and it may cure your problem...im so happy now.

Thanks.  I tried your suggestion a few times and it's not working for me.  I still get the incessant beeping from the remote controller, my smartphone can connect to the RC via the wifi but there is still no image on my smartphone and it says "No signal" in red on the top left of the screen.  Sigh....
2018-1-22
Use props
fansa641865f
New

Taiwan

Hey my friend I think I have a solution for u which I also ran into the same problem few days ago.

Here is the trick. Turn both your spark and RC on and let the RC beeping. Make sure the RC is connect with your phone and your sparks, then go the the DJI app and enter to your spark. U shall see your camera view after clicking start flight (before that make sure following the step to have your RC connect to your spark) then go to remote setting (refer to attach picture) and click on RC calibration. It will ask u to disconnect the spark in order to calibrate your RC. Turn off your spark without turning off the RC and following the instruction on app. I think it will fix the beeping and enjoy your flight. At least it works for me. Good luck.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansa641865f
New

Taiwan

Reference ........... picture
99FAEB0A-8192-4BB0-BE0D-4DC10215349F.png
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz
lvl.2
Singapore

fansa641865f Posted at 2018-1-24 05:39
Hey my friend I think I have a solution for u which I also ran into the same problem few days ago.

Here is the trick. Turn both your spark and RC on and let the RC beeping. Make sure the RC is connect with your phone and your sparks, then go the the DJI app and enter to your spark. U shall see your camera view after clicking start flight (before that make sure following the step to have your RC connect to your spark) then go to remote setting (refer to attach picture) and click on RC calibration. It will ask u to disconnect the spark in order to calibrate your RC. Turn off your spark without turning off the RC and following the instruction on app. I think it will fix the beeping and enjoy your flight. At least it works for me. Good luck.

Hi, Thanks for your reply and trying to help...  But as I have mentioned in previous posts and shown in the video with my previous posts, calibration is impossible because the sticks do not respond to input and even when I'm not touching the sticks, the dots move around the calibration screen completely on their own.  It was finally determined and confirmed that the Remote Controller was faulty and the main board and both the controller modules needed to be replaced.  See the video and read the full story of how I got this problem resolved in the description section of the video.  Here is the link to the video:
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz
lvl.2
Singapore

Oh, by the way, to read the full story of how I got this problem resolved, you need to view the video in Youtube in order to read the description.  So go to Youtube and search "DJI Spark Remote Controller Keeps Beeping Full" and read the description there...  Hope this helps all those who are experiencing this same issue and calibration doesn't work for you.
2018-3-1
Use props
fleejj75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404314 ft
Malaysia

Any solution?
2018-8-15
Use props
David Clancy
New

Ireland

Sorry I Bothered with this rubbish. 450 quid for what a 100 euro toy can do. My nephews 60 euro drone is 20 times better than this. Embarrassing
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules