Question regarding the f.a.a part 107
5922 5 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329505 ft
United States

I was Just wondering will I get drug tested when I pass my  f.a.a 107 ? I Just wanted to know about it , so I can amke a determination wheater I should take it now or not because Ive studied for it and I now feel like Im ready to take it but the thing is I had some weed at a party 2 weeks ago and I know it stays in your system for like a month .
2017-10-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've never heard of such a thing as a drug test for passing the 107.  It doesn't make any sense.  I wouldn't worry about it.  
2017-10-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha marty,

Mark is on target.  I have also never heard of someone getting drug tested for the Pt 107 Certificate.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha marty,

Sorry, I also meant to say, be sure not to fly under the influence because if you do have a serious crash, even if you are not Pt 107 Certified, you may end up drug tested.  It is similar to driving a car that way.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-12
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Good luck i just passed today!  No wizz quiz so don't worry
2017-10-13
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

As others have mentioned, there is no drug test for part 107.  You can go in there stoned and take the test if you want depending on the laws in your state.  All that the FAA cares about are convictions.  By the way, there isn't even a drug test during a 3rd class medical, so if you like smoking pipes and flying Pipers, feel free.  Just not at the same time.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules