Thank You Dji
1296 14 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Dji
I`d like to thank You for the superb and quick service in regards to my goggles.
I bought some time ago Dji Goggles which for me are working really well.
2 weeks ago my goggles failed to power up for some reason and i couldn`t get them working again
contacted the Dji support and after short concersation they`ve advised me to send them in.
I`ve opened the case. The return labels were with me the same day.
Just needed to take the parcel to UPS point a mila away and that was it.
I have to admit that i was expecting at least 4-5 week waiting time....
the goggles were back with me within 2 weeks including shipping both ways UK to Holand.
All seem to be good. I`m well impressed.
Didn`t cost me a penny
Many Thanks
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Fantastic news. Glad you were able to get this sorted out quickly. Please fly safe.
2017-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2017-10-12
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

Why would you expect to pay anything for a product failing within the warranty period? I surely wouldn't.
2017-10-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a positive news for a lot of us.  Thanks for posting this.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your positive feedback, which gives us many motivation and confidence to keep moving.
Hope you have a great time on flying.
2017-10-12
Use props
Garfield
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Great Service
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

Glad you received such nice support from DJI. My experience started out positive just like yours. I thought it would end the same too, but it took a turn for the worse when my Mavic arrived at the warranty facility.

It had endured a minor crash and was still functional (no noticeable damage). I contacted DJI support to better understand why it had crashed (autopilot crashed it) and was told to send it in for replacement under warranty because, even though it still worked and did not appear to be damaged, DJI was concerned that it could fail and hurt someone. At their request I sent it in and, to my surprise, was invoiced $155 for repairs! What a disappointment! I was not even looking to get it repaired as there was no notable damage to it and it was fully functional. I am very dissatisfied and would never purchase another product from DJI due to the way they treated me throughout this case.

While I understand why they wanted me to send it in and why they ultimately decided not to warranty it, I do not understand them telling me to send it in for free replacement because it is under warranty then revoking this offer by invoicing a customer. They will not concede at all in this case, the only reply I get to questions is, "user flying in non open space, non-warranty." It seems their word doesn't mean much and that they were not really being altruistic when they wanted to offer me replacement for safety sake.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-10-13 14:46
Glad you received such nice support from DJI. My experience started out positive just like yours. I thought it would end the same too, but it took a turn for the worse when my Mavic arrived at the warranty facility.

It had endured a minor crash and was still functional (no noticeable damage). I contacted DJI support to better understand why it had crashed (autopilot crashed it) and was told to send it in for replacement under warranty because, even though it still worked and did not appear to be damaged, DJI was concerned that it could fail and hurt someone. At their request I sent it in and, to my surprise, was invoiced $155 for repairs! What a disappointment! I was not even looking to get it repaired as there was no notable damage to it and it was fully functional. I am very dissatisfied and would never purchase another product from DJI due to the way they treated me throughout this case.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. When did you purchase the drone? Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check more info about your situation? Feel regretful for this unpleasant case again.
2017-10-13
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

YouserName Posted at 2017-10-12 14:25
Why would you expect to pay anything for a product failing within the warranty period? I surely wouldn't.

Well. I bought my mavic Pro from the retailer in china much cheaper that anywhere else. 980 quid for combo. I didn't`t know back then that they have they`re own agreement when it comes to warranty  and the dji wouldn't`t fix it for free. when my controller failed with the update I had to pay the postage there 45quid and it has taken them 6 weeks to fix it. if I`ve read the terms and conditions before the buy I would`ve never bought it from unauthorised seller
2017-10-16
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2017-10-16 09:59
Well. I bought my mavic Pro from the retailer in china much cheaper that anywhere else. 980 quid for combo. I didn't`t know back then that they have they`re own agreement when it comes to warranty  and the dji wouldn't`t fix it for free. when my controller failed with the update I had to pay the postage there 45quid and it has taken them 6 weeks to fix it. if I`ve read the terms and conditions before the buy I would`ve never bought it from unauthorised seller

Have they posted it back to you in the UK? Thought the policy was that they can online ship back to an address in the country you purchased from?

I did the same as you. Bought from China, paid £780 for combo. Faulty straight out of the box. Luckily it's an intermittent fault and one I can live with. No solution for this fault yet either.
2017-10-17
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

yes. they did on their own cost.  in the meantime I`ve bought a second hand controller for 170 so I could fly. I`ve sold it later on for the same so it was ok.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YouserName Posted at 2017-10-17 06:38
Have they posted it back to you in the UK? Thought the policy was that they can online ship back to an address in the country you purchased from?

I did the same as you. Bought from China, paid £780 for combo. Faulty straight out of the box. Luckily it's an intermittent fault and one I can live with. No solution for this fault yet either.

According to our after-sales policy, we don't provide global warranty. Customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.

If the drone need warranty service, you will need to pay the shipping costs when sending product(s) back to China for return, repair or replacement.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-10-17
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 18:59
According to our after-sales policy, we don't provide global warranty. Customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.

If the drone need warranty service, you will need to pay the shipping costs when sending product(s) back to China for return, repair or replacement.

Will DJI ship it back to the UK for free?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YouserName Posted at 2017-10-18 09:21
Will DJI ship it back to the UK for free?

It would be a very complicated process if you send the drone back to China for warranty by yourself.
Please contact your dealer for assistance if you need repair/replacement service.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules