Unable to Play .Mov video on Macbook Pro :-(
2759 6 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oli.j.anderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum so please be patient. I recently purchased the Inspire 1 which is fantastic (so far...).

I recorded my first movie (in 4k) onto the Lexar 16gb micro sd card provided by DJI along with a few photos. On transferring the photos and movie onto my Macbook Pro Retina, the photos open ok, however, I am unable to open the .Mov file. I'm running Yosemite and have tried VLC, DivX, Quicktime etc. but none of them seem to be able to open the video.

My question is this- is it not working simply becuase the Macbook Pro is not a 4k display? Or is the Micro SD card provided not up to recording in 4k?

Most likely I'm just being an idiot but any advice would be greatly appreciated. And please, I am a lowly consumer so please be a little tech friendly with your responses!

Cheers,

Ollzzz
2015-4-8
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Maybe your video is not finished. If it's with one video, than return the SD card to the camera, power on the inspire, wait a minute, and power it off. It should finish the video.

good luck

Sky
2015-4-8
Use props
oli.j.anderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-4-9 01:11
Maybe your video is not finished. If it's with one video, than return the SD card to the camera, pow ...

Thanks for your reply sky-

I followed your advice but with no improvement. I made another very short video in 4k to see if the first video was corrupted but again, none of the above software is able to read the .Mov file.

Any other suggestions welcome!

O
2015-4-8
Use props
oli.j.anderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 01:50
try using DVDfab app or change the format to MP4

See that's the strange thing, I keep trying to change it from mov to mp4 in the pilot app settings menu but it immediately reverts to mov format as soon as I close and open settings-

I also looked for the DVDfab app in the app store but it seems to relate to burning disks rather than 4k playback- clearly I'm no technician like you lot!!

Will keep plugging away
2015-4-8
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Dude, turn everything on ... record 10 seconds of video and check if the files are ok. Hope that helps.
2015-4-8
Use props
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

Record a short clip, upload it to dropbox or something and send us a link...
2015-4-8
Use props
oli.j.anderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jonlip Posted at 2015-4-9 10:54
Record a short clip, upload it to dropbox or something and send us a link...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help, I managed to resolve the problem by simply changing the Micro SD card to a faster Sandisk one! Weird that that should seem to be the problem but hey hoo, works beautifully now!

Thanks again,

Ollzzz
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules