996 7 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Phantom 4 standard.  My remote control with each firmware update would show less and less of a charge.  Per the DJI admins on this site I opened a case and mailed it in to DJI California.

I'm posting this to show its weekly progress:

DJI 'verified' the package on September 25

Today is October 13 and the case is unchanged. No progress.  

When asking the DJI admins on this site for a progress report they tell me the same thing the website reports.  Be aware, whenever you call or chat with DJI they are in China.  Your package is in another part of the world.

I will update this weekly or before if any progress is reported.
2017-10-13
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

An update as of today.  DJI has shipped my controller.  No details of a charge, etc.  I'd imagine they'd billed me before shipping if there was going to be a charge.  It's interesting because my RC is no longer under warranty.  It expired June 2017 (purchased June 2016).  My expectation is to receive it October 20 since it took a week for it to get from my house to their facility.  I'll report when received and if the issue has been resolved.  Stay tuned....
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Can you provide me with a Repair ID number? I can see if I can get you some information.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

For the remote controll shipped out today, I can see if I can get you some information. I would need a repair ID for this as well.
2017-10-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wishing all here good luck, anyone going through the repair process. It can be an unsettling event.

Yes, please report back, all that matters. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-13
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-13 09:14
Wishing all here good luck, anyone going through the repair process. It can be an unsettling event.

Yes, please report back, all that matters. Thanks.

I received my RC from DJI support.   I think it was brand new.   It had a tag over the button where you can switch from P to Sports mode, etc.  I charged it to 100%.  Then I connected it to my tablet and it was in need of a firmware update.  I updated it successfully and then connected it to my P4 standard and calibrated it.  I ran the battery down to maybe 92% and then recharged it again to 100% successfully.  Then I headed out and was able to fly my P4 without any known issues.  So far so good.  I don't know if I was just lucky but, my product was not under warranty and DJI repaired it (replaced it) free of charge.  Perhaps they realized it was their firmware that caused the issue?  I don't know but, my experience with them was mostly positive.  DJI received my RC September 21, verified it September 25,  and it was back in my hands October 14.  Awesome (so far).  Let's see if it can withstand the upcoming firmware updates, etc.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-10-16 19:27
I received my RC from DJI support.   I think it was brand new.   It had a tag over the button where you can switch from P to Sports mode, etc.  I charged it to 100%.  Then I connected it to my tablet and it was in need of a firmware update.  I updated it successfully and then connected it to my P4 standard and calibrated it.  I ran the battery down to maybe 92% and then recharged it again to 100% successfully.  Then I headed out and was able to fly my P4 without any known issues.  So far so good.  I don't know if I was just lucky but, my product was not under warranty and DJI repaired it (replaced it) free of charge.  Perhaps they realized it was their firmware that caused the issue?  I don't know but, my experience with them was mostly positive.  DJI received my RC September 21, verified it September 25,  and it was back in my hands October 14.  Awesome (so far).  Let's see if it can withstand the upcoming firmware updates, etc.

Thanks for your update, glad to hear that you've received the RC, wish you have a great time on flying the drone, happy flying!
2017-10-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-10-16 19:27

Nice. Thanks for the update, that's awesome, so far. Ha
Anyway, yes it sounds like DJI sent you out a brand new RC, which I think is very good.

I know it will serve you well, and that you can finally feel the same enjoyment, the vast majority of DJI customers have felt all along. Once you get everything updated, tuned up, and you, familiar with your aircraft, because you have indeed RTFM and gone over the app thoroughly after your last, most recent app or firmware update.

You are certifiable hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules