DJI Go 4, iPad Mini 4 Cellular stays disconnected?
12Next >
6101 49 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14406 ft
Germany

Hi All,

I'm puzzled: Three iOS-devices (iPhone 6S, 7, iPad Mini 4 WiFi) work great with the RC and DJI Go 4 App.
However I also purchased an iPad Mini 4 WiFi + Cellular (to have GPS in the device) and with this one the App keeps telling me "Disconnected" and won't move into connected state.
Have tried different cables, powered up/down Mavic, RC and iPad in different order, reinstalled the app but no success.
All iPhones & iPads are running iOS 11.0.3 and the DJI Go 4 App version 4.1.12
Tried both, side connector on the RC but preferrably the lower USB connector.
Tried various USB-Lightning cables incl. original an Apple cable.

Any idea why the iPad Mini 4 WiFi + Cellular won't connect but on the same cable the iPad Mini 4 WiFi (and also both iPhones) work perfectly?

2017-10-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have an Ipad Mini 4 wifi + cellular and have no problems. I am wondering if there is a problem with the lightening port on your Ipad Mini 4. Are you able to connect the Ipad Mini 4 to a PC and look at the apps on it? If you can, then the port is OK.
You should use the usb port at the bottom of the RC. Have you totally disconnected any cable from the side port on the RC?
Did you allow the DJI GO 4 app all the permissions it needs to run?
Have you made any changes to the IOS settings that may have disabled some necessary background services needed to run the app?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for Jenee's answer, please check if the lightning port of your iPad mini 4 works properly, and when you use the bottom connector, don't forget to relieve the side cable first. Besides, you can also try to refresh the iOS system of your iPad mini 4 to see if it works.
2017-10-13
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for your replies. At first I suspected the Lightning-port on the iPad as well but when connected to my Mac with iTunes everything (syncing, backup) works as expected.
I use the port at the bottom of the RC and the cable on the side is removed. Anyway I tried the side port alternatively and it does not work with the iPad either.
Both ports work with the other 3 iOS-devices.
I've deleted and reinstalled the App but no success.
DJI Thor, what do you mean be "refresh the iOS system"? I've updated to 11.0.3 yesterday (the other devices run iOS 11.0.3 as well so it's not iOS-related)
Really strange....
2017-10-14
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

Update:
I went to the Apple store yesterday and purchased a brand new iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular with 128 GB. This shows EXACTLY the same issue and won't connect!
So what on earth prevents my two iPad Mini 4 Cellular from connecting??? (While the other iOS-devices work just fine?)

I really want to use the iPad Mini with GPS but now I'm out of options and out of ideas of what to try next and help/support is appreciated!
2017-10-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-15 04:22
Update:
I went to the Apple store yesterday and purchased a brand new iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular with 128 GB. This shows EXACTLY the same issue and won't connect!
So what on earth prevents my two iPad Mini 4 Cellular from connecting??? (While the other iOS-devices work just fine?)

When you are saying it  does not connect, what part of the process does it get to ?

Does the DJI Go4  app open but there is no view from the drone camera or does it not allow you to enter the flight screen from the first page of the app ?
Assume your using IOS 11.0.3 and DJI Go 4.1.12

2017-10-15
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

In the first screen I have to pick the drone model but in the bottom left it stays in state „Disconnected“
Anyway it allows me to enter flight screen but in the top left next to „DJI“ it still says „Disconnected“ and no camera view is shown.

All my other iOS devices (including two iPad Pros from 2015/2017) show „Connected“ with a green dot on the first page when I plug in the lightning cable...
2017-10-15
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

And yes, I have iOS 11.0.3 on all devices and App 4.1.12 with latest firmware installed to RC and Mavic Pro.
2017-10-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I have an iPad Mini 4 with cellular, with no issues at all... But sometimes i have to restart the app  them the controller to connect. Now I turn on things in the following sequence and never have any issues:

1. Start DJI Go app
2. Turn on controller and wait for it to connect
3. Turn on aircraft
2017-10-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-15 05:19
In the first screen I have to pick the drone model but in the bottom left it stays in state „Disconnected“
Anyway it allows me to enter flight screen but in the top left next to „DJI“ it still says „Disconnected“ and no camera view is shown.

Have you tried turning on the RC, then the drone, then opening the app. When you state that you have to select the drone model, that indicates there is no connection between the ipad and the RC.
Without the RC or drone turned on, open the DJI GO 4 app and go to the Me icon and check that you are logged in. Then, also in the same area, clear anything out of the cache.
Then connect the Mini Ipad 4 to the RC and try turning on the RC and Mavic.
2017-10-15
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

ro_flyer, Jenee 2: Tried all of your steps but still no luck with the two iPad Minis Cellular.

Meanwhile I have also tried a 12.9“ iPad Pro from 2015 and a 10.5“ iPad Pro from 2017: no problems at all no matter which order I switch on the devices.
I’m quite sure it must be something in the DJI Firmware not liking the Cellular Minis :-(
2017-10-16
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

I also had opened a support-ticket with DJI support. They just came back and told me that the problem can't be with their hardware because other devices run fine.
So according to DJI I am supposed to junk the iPad Mini Cellular devices now??? That's really a level of customer "support" I can live without... :-(
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-16 06:05
I also had opened a support-ticket with DJI support. They just came back and told me that the problem can't be with their hardware because other devices run fine.
So according to DJI I am supposed to junk the iPad Mini Cellular devices now??? That's really a level of customer "support" I can live without... :-(

Sorry for the late reply. It seems a small number of iOS 11 system doesn't work with DJI GO/4 app. Could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

Connect to iTunes and click “Sync”. (The backup and synchronization steps can be skipped while diagnostics cannot.)

For Mac, go to ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.
For Windows, go to C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\.

Open the “Device’s Name” (“XXX’s iPhone”) folder and check whether there is a crash file of which the name starts with “accessory” or “iap”. If yes, please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me with the link.

Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap. Thank you so much.
2017-10-17
Use props
andreaaltieri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47336 ft
Italy

Hi, I also have this problem. I have a Mavic from 6 month and an Iphone 7+ and before the latest updates (Drone firmware, Go4 App and iOS 11) I have never had problems...
But now the situation is ridiculous... It's completely random.
One day I can fly, I can use my drone without problems, other days I cannot fly because I always have the aircraft disconnected... Or AC is connected but the Go4 App crash... Continuosly... Or I don't have the video back, only black screen...
Now every time I want to fly I have to pray...
It's clearly a software issue, but it's possible that months have passed and DJI still fails to solve the problem?
What should we do to use our drones that we have paid a lot of money?
2017-10-17
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

Dear DJI Thor,
Thanks for your willingness to look into the issue. The device does not contain a "C1"-option in Settings -> General -> About.
However the CrashReporter Logs contained a few DJI GO 4 App logs and also some accessoryd-Logs. I've zipped them, uploaded it to Dropbox and sent you the Dropbox-link via personal message.
Hope you find the issue there.
Do you think installing the latest iOS Beta (11.1 Beta 3) might help?
Kind regards,
SpaceAce
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-17 08:01
Dear DJI Thor,
Thanks for your willingness to look into the issue. The device does not contain a "C1"-option in Settings -> General -> About.
However the CrashReporter Logs contained a few DJI GO 4 App logs and also some accessoryd-Logs. I've zipped them, uploaded it to Dropbox and sent you the Dropbox-link via personal message.

Thank you so much for your help. That's alright if there is no C1, I'll forward the files to the engineers for a further investigation. I think refreshing or updating the system's firmware is a good try.
2017-10-17
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-16 00:59
ro_flyer, Jenee 2: Tried all of your steps but still no luck with the two iPad Minis Cellular.

Meanwhile I have also tried a 12.9“ iPad Pro from 2015 and a 10.5“ iPad Pro from 2017: no problems at all no matter which order I switch on the devices.

I appreciate how frustrated you must be but both myself and a friend I fly with both have Ipad Mini 4 wifi + cellular and have no problems.
Hopefully IOS 11.0.3 may help you as it has to be a setting on your ipad. Perhaps you could compare the settings between your ipad and your mini ipad to see if there are any differences.
2017-10-17
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks, Jenee. Honestly I doubt that it‘s related to the iOS-device itself. I think the culprit might be the RC or Mavic Firmware and here the USB-communication part, it’s maybe some timing-issue.
All my devices are on 11.0.3 already, what I will try today is installing iOS 11.1 Beta 3 to the iPad Mini and see if that makes any difference.
I’ll keep you posted here.
2017-10-18
Use props
SpaceAce
lvl.1
Germany

Update:
Installing the iOS 11.1 Beta 3 helped, now the iPad Mini 4 connects as well! Hooray
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-18 05:59
Update:
Installing the iOS 11.1 Beta 3 helped, now the iPad Mini 4 connects as well! Hooray

Great to hear that the app gets back to work now. Hope this could also help others who have the connection problem.
2017-10-18
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi, This issue may case by iOS 11, you can try upgrade to iOS 11.1 beta 3, now we are talking to apple to solve this issue. Thank you.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Please refer to the reply on 21#, it is from our engineers. Thank you.
2017-10-19
Use props
Deho
lvl.2
France

AidanKless Posted at 2017-10-19 00:35
Hi, This issue may case by iOS 11, you can try upgrade to iOS 11.1 beta 3, now we are talking to apple to solve this issue. Thank you.

I confirm. Having had that connection problem with an iPad mini 4 cellular, migrating to IOS 11.1 beta 3 has solved the problem !
2017-10-19
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

This is not related to ios 11. This has been happening on iOS ever since go 4 was released and there have been many threads on this.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-83774-1-1.html

I ended up returning the Mavic. I never had this issue with my P3P and go 3. I check back in the forum every few weeks to see if DJI has resolved the issue but every time I come back I find more threads with exactly the same same issue.
2017-10-19
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
United States

SpaceAce Posted at 2017-10-16 06:05

That's just not true. I had this issue on my Mavic Pro on all of my iOS devices with 10.3.3. Ended up returning the Mavic. Never had this issue with my P3P and Go 3.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

sorka Posted at 2017-10-23 13:14
That's just not true. I had this issue on my Mavic Pro on all of my iOS devices with 10.3.3. Ended up returning the Mavic. Never had this issue with my P3P and Go 3.

If you couldn't get the drone connected to your mobile device even if you had tried to reinstall the app, refresh the iOS system, use the original USB  cable with the bottom port, or another mobile device, you might need to send the drone back and we will manage an overall check for it.
2017-10-24
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 02:32
If you couldn't get the drone connected to your mobile device even if you had tried to reinstall the app, refresh the iOS system, use the original USB  cable with the bottom port, or another mobile device, you might need to send the drone back and we will manage an overall check for it.

Alll of this has been tried by myself and many others in the other 100+ message threads. it made no difference.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=305254
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

sorka Posted at 2017-10-25 13:14
Alll of this has been tried by myself and many others in the other 100+ message threads. it made no difference.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=83774&pid=920429&fromuid=305254

Sorry for your difficulties. May I know the system version of your iPhone 6? Had you tried an Android device? Please try to download iOS 11.1 Beta 3, it will solve the problem if it isn't the hardware issue of the RC.
2017-10-27
Use props
Thomas Lin
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-17 02:06
Sorry for the late reply. It seems a small number of iOS 11 system doesn't work with DJI GO/4 app. Could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

Hi,

Originally, my iPhone 7+ iOS 11.0.3 is always in DISCONNECTED state. I upgrade to iOS 11.1 today. It's a good news to become CONNECTED and could preview the video.
Unfortunately, it only can preivew video in DJI GO 4, most control buttons in DJI GO 4 are NOT shown on screen and few control buttons show on screen but can't use it. No any respose while I touch these buttons. The DJI GO 4 will be disappear afer a few seconds after, I think it is crash. The screenshot and crash log is in the link below. This situation can't be recovered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... jA/view?usp=sharing

2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thomas Lin Posted at 2017-11-1 09:10
Hi,

Originally, my iPhone 7+ iOS 11.0.3 is always in DISCONNECTED state. I upgrade to iOS 11.1 today. It's a good news to become CONNECTED and could preview the video.

Thank you for your feedback. Had you tried to reinstall the app? If it didn't help, I'll forward it to the engineers.
2017-11-2
Use props
Thomas Lin
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-2 00:06
Thank you for your feedback. Had you tried to reinstall the app? If it didn't help, I'll forward it to the engineers.

Yes, I reinstall DJI GO 4. It got the same problem. Preview video is alive, but no any control buttons on DJI GO 4 response and application will disappear after awhile. I think it crash. The attached screen and log in previous post link.
2017-11-2
Use props
Thomas Lin
lvl.1
Taiwan

Munnerley in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118068-1-1.html got the same problem on his iPhone 6s+ as below description:

IOS 11.1 and iPhone 6s Plus with Mavic Pro and Go App 4.1.15. Phone shows connected to controller but flight screen unresponsive, touch not working and app frozen.
2017-11-2
Use props
Thomas Lin
lvl.1
Taiwan

Thomas Lin Posted at 2017-11-2 03:28
Munnerley in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118068-1-1.html got the same problem on his iPhone 6s+ as below description:

IOS 11.1 and iPhone 6s Plus with Mavic Pro and Go App 4.1.15. Phone shows connected to controller but flight screen unresponsive, touch not working and app frozen.

I found the DJI GO 4 hang only happen in "still camera" mode. It works fine if starting in "video record" mode. It will hang if switch to "still camera" mode.

iPhone 7 plus
iOS 11.1
DJI GO 4 v4.1.15

repo video:

2017-11-2
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get it to work all at
2017-11-2
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my ipad mini 4 with cellular, it kept crashing after it connected with the mavic. I uninstalled the app and restarted the ipad and reloaded the Go 4 app and everything worked without crashing. Seems the last update didnt take or something went wrong. A fresh download of the Go 4 app did the trick for me.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thomas Lin Posted at 2017-11-2 03:15
Yes, I reinstall DJI GO 4. It got the same problem. Preview video is alive, but no any control buttons on DJI GO 4 response and application will disappear after awhile. I think it crash. The attached screen and log in previous post link.

Noted with thanks. Our engineers are aware of this case, will do the best to get it resolved soon, please wait for the update. If it is convenient, please use another mobile device temporarily.
2017-11-7
Use props
Mavic 96
New
Italy

andreaaltieri Posted at 2017-10-17 05:27
Hi, I also have this problem. I have a Mavic from 6 month and an Iphone 7+ and before the latest updates (Drone firmware, Go4 App and iOS 11) I have never had problems...
But now the situation is ridiculous... It's completely random.
One day I can fly, I can use my drone without problems, other days I cannot fly because I always have the aircraft disconnected... Or AC is connected but the Go4 App crash... Continuosly... Or I don't have the video back, only black screen...

Anch’io ho problemi. Iphone 7 Plus con IOS 11.1 e DJI Go 4 non so come fare.
2017-11-8
Use props
Marcelo Medeiro
New

Brazil

Hi everyone, i'm Marcelo From Curitiba - Brazil.
I'd buy a Phantom 3 Standard, the Dji Go App do not work on my ios 11.1.2. The Touchscreen is Frozen. The version of the DJI GO APP is  3.1.22.
Is there anything that can dji do to help me to fix it ?
There is any adivice of someone that could help me, or tell me if theres another app, or similar one for me to use and fly safety ?
My personal contact if someone could reply me back with some informations is :  marcelomedeiros.radio@gmail.com
2017-11-19
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I'm having a similar DISCONNECT issue.  After updating my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 8+, the DJIGo 4/DJIGo apps are showing as "DISCONNECTED."  Unfortunately I erased the old iPhone 6s so I couldn't see if the apps were still working on the old iPhone.  I have a Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro and the problem is showing on both of them.  The iOS is 11.1.2 - the latest update.   The odd thing is that if I download the DJI GO apps on someone else's iPhone using their Apple ID, the Phantoms CONNECT and I was able to use both Phantoms 3 & 4 to shoot a job.  This has worked on an iPhone 6s, iPhone 7+, and iPhone 8+ -- all running the latest iOS.

I tried resetting my old iPhone 6s under both my own Apple ID and an alternate Apple ID I have, it showed "DISCONNECTED" !   It seems to be malfunctioning when it's an Apple ID connected to me...   Any insights or fixes?
2017-11-30
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

lipoching Posted at 2017-11-30 12:29
Hi,

I'm having a similar DISCONNECT issue.  After updating my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 8+, the DJIGo 4/DJIGo apps are showing as "DISCONNECTED."  Unfortunately I erased the old iPhone 6s so I couldn't see if the apps were still working on the old iPhone.  I have a Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro and the problem is showing on both of them.  The iOS is 11.1.2 - the latest update.   The odd thing is that if I download the DJI GO apps on someone else's iPhone using their Apple ID, the Phantoms CONNECT and I was able to use both Phantoms 3 & 4 to shoot a job.  This has worked on an iPhone 6s, iPhone 7+, and iPhone 8+ -- all running the latest iOS.

Con't from previous post:

So I tried setting the old iPhone 6s up with a friend's Apple ID.  On her 6s Plus, the DJI Go App works fine but when I used her ID on my old 6s, it DIDN'T work.  So the DJI app doesn't work on my iPad 2017 (which I upgraded from an iPad Air and which the DJI app worked on ), iPhone 8 Plus, or my old iPhone 6s (it also did work before I upgraded to the iPhone 8.)  I restored all my upgraded devices through iTunes.  Maybe something was added to all my devices from the iTune restores as I was upgrading?
2017-11-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules