Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi

On Sunday I flew over water. We took off from a tugboat, so I was very excited about whether compas and IMU would calibrate. For the most part it would.

The one time toke off and everything was GO! Shortly after, it said "Drone out of range". We sailed with approx. 2-5 knots why we were sailing approx. 80m away from the drone position. I suddenly could not get it to gain altitude, nor fly to me. I could, however, be allowed to fly away in the opposite direction ... (as if I  hit a distance wall from a previous startup on the route) Beginner mode, Max distance and GEO were all deactivated. Max altitude stood at 120m.

I got the captain to turn around and we could land the drone on the boat again....

Tried again and I tried to set homepoint at the remote location before the takeoff. Now it said that there were about 500m to homepoint ... Drone and remote had been turned off before why homepoint should be reset. Not that it would make the big difference to the limit, as the maximum distance was deactivated, so I could, in principle, fly 2km away from the remote.

I toke off, and again, I suddenly could not fly to me but the other way. We turned around and landed...

We tried again and this time we were allowed to fly as we wanted. I checked if there were any restrictions in area (which I had done earlier) and that was not there ...
I do not understand it.

Today I would film a little at Svendborg harbor. Where I toke off is exactly within the 5km radius of a civil airport at Tåsinge. I was also told that there was an airport in the area, and therefore I should fly responsibly .. (max 40m height etc ...)
I gained hight to 30m and now it said I had reached the high limit, and therefore I was not allowed to fly higher. I tried to fly a little away, and when I reached the 50m distance, it would not anymore.

This is something I've experienced before it has told me at startup (which it did not now) and before, despite the message, I have been allowed to exceed these distances ...
I do not know if the two episodes have something to do with each other but are very interested in hearing if you have any experiences about this...

Kind regars
Stefan
2017-10-13
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

There is a bug that DJI are aware of that limits distance and height, they are telling us to reboot the app if this happens, it sounds like this is what you are experiencing. Without seeing your flight data, it's hard to say for sure, could you post a link to your data for these flights.

Mark G.
2017-10-13
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Its very strange that for me i get this message every time but i just clear it from the screen and i am able to fly with no restriction at all and yet others like the  OP are limited in flight??
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Stefan, please tell me the version of your app and try to reboot your drone and app when you get the error message. Please keep us updated if the problem still exists.
2017-10-13
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

It looks like the app is v3.1.15 (2803)
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

When you encounter the distance and height restriction problem during flight, please hover the drone to open safe place and reboot the APP or return the drone back to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot APP after powering on the aircraft when you change the battery.
2017-10-15
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Thanks I will try that
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now