4292 14 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452753 ft
Canada

Hello,

wondering if anybody has been able to manually control the focal length (zoom in/ou) of the Z30 camera from the cedence RC? The instrctions say to hold C2 and "use the Left dial". This does not achieve the desired result.

as an aside.. while holing C2 and scrolling the left wheel (LW) i was able to tilt the POV cam up and down(which is pretty cool!)

has anyone fond a wat to manually control the zoom?

Thanks
2017-10-13
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No, doesn't work for me with Cendence controller.
I would like to put Zoom on the sliders (left or right at Cendence) - but that can't be configured.
Hope, DJI will bring some addons in future firmware soon.
2017-10-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Have you looked in menu to change what the Cendence buttons do?
2017-10-18
Use props
Grazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354357 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can operate tilt with left scroll dial, however yaw will not operate on the right scroll button.
2017-10-18
Use props
Ueli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696079 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Grazer Posted at 2017-10-18 16:50
I can operate tilt with left scroll dial, however yaw will not operate on the right scroll button.

For me tilt and yaw works, but zoom can't be assigned to any of the cendence buttons or sliders.
Camera settings as apperture, iso and shutter can't be controlled with the cendence buttons.

Lots of things to do for DJIs software department...
2017-10-19
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup, not a feature at the moment. We tried everything as well.
2017-10-20
Use props
FlyPro-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3536906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grazer Posted at 2017-10-18 16:50

I had the same problem which was fixed by doing a controller calibration and remembering to move the right scroll dial fully in either direction several times before clicking finish on the calibration routine.
2017-11-25
Use props
Mr Nebby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 682776 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to get the zoom function of the Z-30 assigned to a slider or knob on the Cendence?
2018-3-21
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Mr Nebby Posted at 2018-3-21 12:55
Has anyone been able to get the zoom function of the Z-30 assigned to a slider or knob on the Cendence?

i am looking for this button/slider assignment too. hope someone with knowledge got it
2018-3-21
Use props
BeAdvised
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18530 ft
United States

Bump.  Looking to see if this issue has been resolved since the last posting on this. Thanks.
2019-1-25
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any updates on Z30 control via Cendence?
2019-1-27
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

Hey, DJI, any update on this??  We NEED to be able to program left or right slider wheels on Cendence to control Z30 zoom.  
2019-12-10
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is DJI aware of the problem and is fixing it according to customer needs? -> Z30 Zoom control with Cencence slider wheels
It's now more than 2 years(!) and nothing has been done!
2020-2-23
Use props
HV_Sparks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732267 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if you have had any success prior to my reply but you can assign buttons from Cendence. Within the controller menu I have successfully assigned BC & BD I believe to zoom the Z30 in and out.
Pressing the button to begin the zoom, then press the same button to stop the zoom.  If you press the other button to stop the zoom, it will simply zoom in the other direction if that makes any sense?  Give it a try.
2020-2-26
Use props
unstable flight
lvl.4

United Kingdom

HV_Sparks Posted at 2-26 01:38
Not sure if you have had any success prior to my reply but you can assign buttons from Cendence. Within the controller menu I have successfully assigned BC & BD I believe to zoom the Z30 in and out.
Pressing the button to begin the zoom, then press the same button to stop the zoom.  If you press the other button to stop the zoom, it will simply zoom in the other direction if that makes any sense?  Give it a try.

I did assign 2 buttons as you suggested.
It is not very precise to use the zoom with that described method. It's getting worse with higher zoom levels ...

Where is the problem in releasing a firmware/software version where the left or right sliders can be used to control zoom?

2020-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules