Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Oly 14-42 pancake
866 5 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered an Olympus 14-42 panacke zoom which arrived today.
I already had the balance rings from the Panasonic 14-42 (more about that later) which only the larger one(BR-37-17) is needed.
Weather was lousy. Very overcast and cloudy, but had to go try it out.
Looks like this might be useable!
I had a Panasonic Lumix G X14-42 and was very dissappointed in it. It did not zoom smoothly, didn't focus well and often the camera would lose touch with it after a simple change in focal length. At first, I thought it might have been defective but it performed well on my GH4. Anyway, I got rid of it and decided to try the Oly. So far, I like it.
Here are a few sample stills. These were shot 3/4 mile from the tower building in the pictures.

z3.jpg
z2.jpg
z1.jpg
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Aeromirage, you said that Panasonic Lumix G X14-42 had bad performance. Did you try to clean the metal contact of the lens? Please try to reinstall your Panasonic lens.
If it doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of the error message when you use the lens. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got rid of it.
The error message was something like "Lens not detected".
I would be flying fine, change the zoom then that would pop up. I would have to land, shutdown, remove and replace the lens. Then it would work again.
It worked fine on my Panasonic GH4 and my other lenses work fine on the X5S.
Additionally, it would not focus well at any focal length. I tried lens calibration many times to no avail. Again, it worked OK on my GH4, just not on the X5S.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-10-13 19:10
I got rid of it.
The error message was something like "Lens not detected".
I would be flying fine, change the zoom then that would pop up. I would have to land, shutdown, remove and replace the lens. Then it would work again.

Aeromirage, thanks for your update. Our engineers are working on it, please wait for the next firmware.
2017-10-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Some more test shots.
It coud sand to be a bit sharper on focus. But then its not a prime lens...
14.jpg
22.jpg
32.jpg
42.jpg
2017-10-15
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered it yesterday.. Unfortunately found out today my new x5s has a focus issue and has to go back.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules