Backward flying mode
4372 10 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s_artur
New
Israel

Hello everyone!

does anyone here tired to fly is dorne is "backward flying mode" with sports mode?

is it possible?

thank you ..
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S_artur, please note that spark don't have "backward flying mode". But you can control your spark fly backward when it in sports mode. Any question, feel free to ask for help.
2017-10-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

You CAN fly backwards in Sport mode. I find it better to fly line-of-sight while doing this instead of looking at the screen. To be safe just make sure your flight path is clear and keep an eye on your drone.
2017-10-13
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly backwards all the time.  What would be nice is if I could get spark to RTH or do a Tap and fly to a point while facing the way I want to film or take photos.  Like it does in circle mode, just flying a long a strait line while facing to the side.  
2017-10-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Killing a bit flytime, needing an extra device, a go pro mounted backwards under the batt could help.
I fly backwards often.
But I check with the cam first if it is a free route!
2017-10-13
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd suggest investing in the P4P if reverse flight paths are important to you - it has reverse tap fly and rear obstacle avoidance which detect objects up to 30 metres away whilst cruising at 30MPH in GPS mode. Ideal for backward flying both autonomously and at fast speed - the only problem is that the basic P4P bundle costs more than twice the price of the Spark flymore combo... but you get what you pay for including a 1" 20MP sensor and DCI 4K at 60p at 100MBPS.
2017-10-14
Use props
s_artur
New
Israel

Thanks guys I tought I will use it while I'm in a active track mode on my bicycle:/
2017-10-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

s_artur Posted at 2017-10-14 06:45
Thanks guys I tought I will use it while I'm in a active track mode on my bicycle:/

Yes, you can fly it backwards manually in sport mode.
2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

s_artur Posted at 2017-10-14 06:45

In that situation, b/c I hardly beliebe that you are riding backwards, you are the eyes of your backwards flying drone.
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does work in active track on the Spark. Enable backward flying in the obstacle avoidance section of the GO 4 app, select active track - trace and position the drone in front of you ensuring that the option to circle is not selected. Then create a green box around you and tap go - ensure you have a lock on and keep the speed slow - track yourself whilst stood up then get on the bike if you can’t get a lock on whilst sat on the bike. Also, ensure you are wearing brighter coloured clothing and that it’s not too dark. I would highly suggest not doing this on public roads though...  
2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

And I appologize, reading post #10 did let me realize that I did not get the point of flying backwards, here.
Tracking mode, perhaps downhill (sportsmode), but wanted to have that drone in front of you.
Sorry !
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules