Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire Image Transmission Settings Questions
3005 7 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

Hello,

I may have inadvertently,  accidentally changed my image transmission settings. I have not noticed any real issues in my flights and don't usually fly at long distances. I'm wondering if I should be using the auto channel and either 2.4 or 5.8. My Inspire is set to custom 2.4 channel 13, this is the setting I always fly at. I do not know what the factory setting is? Any guidance on what may be the optimal auto, custom, 24. 5.8. Or what is the factory setting? I'm just not sure. Any recommendations? Thanks
2017-10-14
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The default setting for video transmission is AUTO. But the setting is configurable to best meet the flight environment you are operating within.

For Inspire 1 aircraft control surfaces, sticks, buttons, etc, DJI uses a 2 MHz wide frequency-hopping spread spectrum modulation between 2400 and 2490 MHz.

For video, DJI uses 10MHz wide channels that originally spanned 32 channels from 2280 to 2600 MHz. Later, DJI discovered that only 8 channels (13-20) were legally available across the various regions. (The lower 12 channels are Satelite/Space freqs and the upper 10+ are Sprint LTE freqs!). So today, the DJI GO App provides AUTO or Custom and only uses 8 channels. NOTE: For aircraft that use the DJI GO App (P3, P4, and Inspire 1), there is a modification that will expose the original 32 channels see this Forum Thread for additional information ->  Change DJI Remote from 8 to 32 channels...

For clarification, the RC and aircraft only use 2.4 GHz channels. The 5 GHz frequecis are only used between master and slave RC units when dual operator flights are conducted. As with FHSS control surface methodologies, for video, DJI followed suite with AUTO which programmatically uses the least congested channel between 13 and 20 and uses that channel. During flight, AUTO will allow the software to switch channels if freqency congestion occurs.

Since the eight 2.4 channels share the wifi spectrum, many localities use wifi channel 1 and 6 which overlap DJI channels 13 & 14  and channels 16 & 17, so many pilots will select custom settins and use the higher channels if their locality has less congestion. The GO App provides a graph that show the current congestion -> the higher the graph bar, the greater the congestion. So you're looking for the lowest bar on the graph!

Which settings are best totally depend on you, your environment, and pilot skills. AUTO is a no-brainer, but be prepared for the occassional frequency shift inflight with video breakup. Custom, manual selection, puts you in-charge but does not change unless you change it....
2017-10-14
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3

United States

Thank you for the detailed info appreciate. My setting was 2.4 @ 13 and it seemed to have less congestion at my house when I checked it. But I have to admit that I have never checked it in the field. I sometimes get image breakup but it usually clears up quickly. It has been one of those things that drives me crazy.  My approach was that if there were no issues don't mess with it so i have not changed it.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Daroga seems very professional about the channel.
The factory default of image transmission is AUTO,which means the drone will select the channel with less interference according to the environment.
And we suggest to choose AUTO during the flight.
2017-10-14
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-14 23:04
Daroga seems very professional about the channel.
The factory default of image transmission is AUTO,which means the drone will select the channel with less interference according to the environment.
And we suggest to choose AUTO during the flight.

Thanks, DJI Mindy. We'll set it to auto as you recommended
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

delcodrones Posted at 2017-10-15 19:12
Thanks, DJI Mindy. We'll set it to auto as you recommended

Due to the time-varying nature of the channels, when the channels are selected manually, the wireless links are unable to avoid certain accidental interference signals. Therefore, it is recommended to use the automatic mode. In the automatic mode, the states of the channels are monitored constantly, adjusted in real time, and the optimal channel is selected for image transmission.
2017-10-16
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-10-14 12:43
The default setting for video transmission is AUTO. But the setting is configurable to best meet the flight environment you are operating within.

For Inspire 1 aircraft control surfaces, sticks, buttons, etc, DJI uses a 2 MHz wide frequency-hopping spread spectrum modulation between 2400 and 2490 MHz.

WOW, great answer Daroga, as always you explain so clearly and give very good detail .  Good Job brother !!

donnie
2017-10-16
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

delcodrones Posted at 2017-10-14 14:44
Thank you for the detailed info appreciate. My setting was 2.4 @ 13 and it seemed to have less congestion at my house when I checked it. But I have to admit that I have never checked it in the field. I sometimes get image breakup but it usually clears up quickly. It has been one of those things that drives me crazy.  My approach was that if there were no issues don't mess with it so i have not changed it.

That answer was epic from Daroga !  He is a valued member around here an you are lucky he took the time to give an eloquent  answer.

Also I have found that channel 20 works very well in custom mode .  The 32 cahnnel "Hack" works well if in a crowded wi fi environment .

Good luck
good chart  in link below as well expalins alot .

donnie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... li=1#gid=1477125990
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules