jsp2204@hotmail.com
2017-11-22
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Vincent D Posted at 2017-11-21 19:29
Did the firmware update took it for a long flight and it flew erratic. Then did a very careful IMU calibration and it flew perfect. Wondering if the firmware issue was directly related to the IMU? Thanks DJI I'm a happy camper.

Try disabling your Obstacle Avoidance in the Visual Navigation Settings (leave the advanced settings turned on), I have and see a big difference in the way my P4 handles.
2017-11-22
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

DJI_Support Posted at 2017-11-22 01:14
Wow... still no fix to the failware? Almost 6 months and we're still waiting for a fix from DJI. I think it's time to throw my P4 in the bin. I haven't flown it in almost 6 months!

It sure makes one rethink making major purchases from DJI again doesn't it.  I would have upgraded to a P4P months ago, but after this circle jerk, I doubt I'll feel safe buying any DJI products for quite some time.  Fool me once...

--Jim Watkins

(Burbank, CA)
2017-11-22
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

ATJ Posted at 2017-11-20 10:25
I think it's time, for you that are having problems, to move on. I own a P4 with the latest beta firmware, and everything is working perfectly. Heck last night I took it for a 1500 foot flight (don't tell the FAA)

Evidently you guys got a bad hardware version, and DJi doesn't want to admit it, (actually they are to concerned about their Spark to be worry about a P4 that was built about a year ago.

If everything was fine on the old firmware and the new updated firmware with new DJI go 4 version caused all the problems, it’s not a hardware issue. They screwed up the firmware and are too concerned with the new products they don’t care the debug the older drone.
2017-11-22
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

Streetmagus Posted at 2017-11-22 15:27
If everything was fine on the old firmware and the new updated firmware with new DJI go 4 version caused all the problems, it’s not a hardware issue. They screwed up the firmware and are too concerned with the new products they don’t care the debug the older drone.

Also if the firmware is installed incorrectly, it can brick the hardware.
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

ATJ Posted at 2017-11-23 04:24
Also if the firmware is installed incorrectly, it can brick the hardware.

This is valid also for every electronic device operating with kind of firmware
2017-11-23
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-11-22 13:29
It sure makes one rethink making major purchases from DJI again doesn't it.  I would have upgraded to a P4P months ago, but after this circle jerk, I doubt I'll feel safe buying any DJI products for quite some time.  Fool me once...

--Jim Watkins

I can't understand why DJI dont see this themself. If their of doing business is releasing bad FW-updates to force customers to buy the latest, its just a matter of time before the competition catches up. I actually did buy a Spark some days ago due to need for a minidrone to fly indoors, very prepared to return it as soon as the latest FW was installed but to my suprise it works very well ( I will never FW update neither of my drones until i see atleast 50 happy threads on this forum)... Lets hope they figure this out...
2017-11-23
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-23 04:55
This is valid also for every electronic device operating with kind of firmware

Like I said in the past

When I update my firmware to 2.00.0106, my P4 was connected to DJi Assistant 2. At the same time my RC was turned on and updated as well.

I just got the RC turned on at the last minute, or my P4 might have been toast too.

Nobody from DJi has disputed the my post on this update procedure.
2017-11-23
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Did a 5-10 minute test flight today using the GO 4 app with all software/firmware updated (.600 beta installed via iPad mini 4 and the latest iOS Public Beta update). No recalibration was called for by the app and none was done. The "quiz" was pretty common sense (YouTube videos often reveal that as an oxymoron...).  The conclusion... At least on my P4 no changes were seen good or bad, no harm no fowl. Used ch. 20 as usual, horz. distance only out to about 700' @ 300' alt. but no problems noted. The only "squiggle" I saw was on RTH beginning descent from 300' when the descent speed is around 6.7 mph, at this speed its beginning to feel some of its own prop wash which settles out when the descent speed drops below that on the way back to the pad.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Smartvf Posted at 2017-11-21 10:13
flew today as said
ideal climatic conditions (absence of wind and sun)

Just to verify, you have upgraded to the latest beta firmware, right? If yes, please refer the video and export the flight data for analysis, thanks so much for your time.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The above messages have been well received, I have forwarded to the team to add you in. It should be available in one business day later. Please let us know how it works, and we will appreciate your data, thanks!
2017-11-24
Use props
Smartvf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190607 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 01:01
Just to verify, you have upgraded to the latest beta firmware, right? If yes, please refer the video and export the flight data for analysis, thanks so much for your time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... m2_mX0Hfzh1UnE9H8o0
2017-11-24
Use props
Smartvf
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 01:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

I Susan please rear note 194

flew today as said
ideal climatic conditions (absence of wind and sun)

normal startup
start reg 4k
take off

..... a bit nervous ....... and there is no difference between "P" and "A". ... strano ...

all ok ............ AAAAAAAAAAAA help .......

signal
stop stop reg ....

crasch djigo4
restart Tablet ......

but are you crazy or jokes with us ????

what are you doing ......

save that the RTH command works and that location .... it reminds me .....

fortunately pressed RTH (without seeing anything) and ....... after a failure heart attack ...

out of everything and ..........

now that you do it ...... I get the money to buy a new one I do not have it .....

just bought everything perfect .... now I'm afraid .......

what are we doing ....?
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Smartvf Posted at 2017-11-24 10:53
I Susan please rear note 194

flew today as said

Which mobile device do you use? Be more specific of your main issue and troubleshooting you have tried, we'll look into it. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-24
Use props
fans18043921
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426040 ft
Spain

Hi susan, i wait for the beta firmware. Thanks.
Jsp2204@hotmail.com
2017-11-25
Use props
darrenhunter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114872 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 23:45
Which mobile device do you use? Be more specific of your main issue and troubleshooting you have tried, we'll look into it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Susan

Could you please add me to the beta

darrenahunter@gmail.com

and point me in the right direction to return my RC as it is unusable since the latest firmware update. It turns on with one click on power on button and it then has 1 light blue and 4 white lights.

if I connect it to my Android DJI Go app it thinks it is a Inspire and tries to make me change the Go App to the prior one. All together it is bricked.

I am in Australia and need to get it fixed asap.

Luckily I have another RC and it upgraded fine so I can still fly by I am very unhappy with the new firmware and am willing to try the beta

thanks
Darren
2017-11-25
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi all!

I tried to update my P4 wirh 02.00.0600, it worked ok, but after that my remote is blinking red and green very fast and I cant't connect to my P4 at all. I checked for remote updates in overall status on DJI Go 4 but doesn't appear anything to update. I tried to relink and nothing happens. What should I do?
I already turned off P4, on DJI Go I went to "Enter Device", tap in "Disconnected", Overall status and no update available. I alson cant see what is my remote firmware version.
2017-11-25
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-11-25 05:13
Hi all!

I tried to update my P4 wirh 02.00.0600, it worked ok, but after that my remote is blinking red and green very fast and I cant't connect to my P4 at all. I checked for remote updates in overall status on DJI Go 4 but doesn't appear anything to update. I tried to relink and nothing happens. What should I do?

Previous Post

Update to firmware ver. 2.00.0600 was nothing less than a pain in the butt. It required many shut downs and restarts in both the P4 and the RC.

At one point I DECIDED TO REBOOT my iPad Mini 2 (mobile device) and that finally did the trick.

After software updates I also make it a point of rebooting my iPad Mini. (mobile device)
2017-11-25
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi ATJ, thank you for your advice. I have tried everything and it didn't work, the remote is still blinking the lights and no update or downgrade available to fix that appears to my. Are there another method to update RC without DJI Go 4? I think I'll try to rollback the firmware with the last version it was working using the alternative methods (by the way, it works better than the official solution). I'm very disappointed and angry with DJI.
I tried using Assistant 2 and no update is available for my RC.

Captura de Tela 2017-11-25 às 13.44.19.png

2017-11-25
Use props
Smartvf
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 23:45

Hi Susan
then I normally use a nexus 7 and alternatively a note 4

but I repeat like never after a while I lose the radio signal, video, and this time even the table restart ...?

first with the apps all was perfect ... now for a year now it's part and only a big deal and frankly I'm afraid of destroying the phantom ..

so find a solution or give me the money ....
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans18043921 Posted at 2017-11-25 01:51
Jsp2204@hotmail.com

I just checked your account, the firmware has been added to your account already, please check it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

darrenhunter Posted at 2017-11-25 02:35
Hi Susan

Could you please add me to the beta

Replied your another post, the firmware has been added to you already.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-11-25 05:13
Hi all!

For the Phantom 4 RC,  try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

If that does not work try to force the controller to update:
* Turn on the controller, and make the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2017-11-26
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

All this talk with everyone asking for a copy of the Beta software and in most cases when people install it (including myself), it still doesnt work.
Cant people see that by asking for the Beta software you are just giving DJI permission to keep on stalling the release of the updated software to combat all of our problems.
DJI !!! We want a new release software that works ASAP.
I've just come back from a shoot I have done for a large business that I have postponed for 3 months due to issues with Phantom 4, and thought I had all the issues ironed out. BUT NO. The footage is all jumpy as though it like my PC cant handle the video (Which is not and never has been the case)
DJI has just lost me a $3,800 job as I wont be able to user any of the footage. I had to use my DJI Osmo for some of the footage which is no where enough footage to complete the job.
Thanks DJI. If this was any other company they would have sorted this out months ago.
Not happy!!!!
I think everyone should demand a new software release and stop asking for a beta version that doesnt work....
2017-11-26
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2017-11-26 23:14
All this talk with everyone asking for a copy of the Beta software and in most cases when people install it (including myself), it still doesnt work.
Cant people see that by asking for the Beta software you are just giving DJI permission to keep on stalling the release of the updated software to combat all of our problems.
DJI !!! We want a new release software that works ASAP.

What you say makes sense but it really doesn’t help to post the same long reply in multiple different threads. I can understand people  continuing to ask for the beta. Many would have waited for the original beta testers to complete the tests but, in the absence of a formal release after six months they have no option but to turn to the beta code in order to get their drones operational.
2017-11-27
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-11-25 07:40
Hi ATJ, thank you for your advice. I have tried everything and it didn't work, the remote is still blinking the lights and no update or downgrade available to fix that appears to my. Are there another method to update RC without DJI Go 4? I think I'll try to rollback the firmware with the last version it was working using the alternative methods (by the way, it works better than the official solution). I'm very disappointed and angry with DJI.
I tried using Assistant 2 and no update is available for my RC.

The .600 firmware update was done strictly through my iPad Mini (mobile device)-DJi Assistant was not involved in this update. DJi Assistant just confirmed the update.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans18043921
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426040 ft
Spain

Thank you very much. For the moment all is ok. Im very happy
2017-11-27
Use props
ludovicpizzera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
Switzerland

Hi there.

I would be most grateful if I could have a copie of the beta firmware, ever since the latest update my phantom 4 has been looses video transmission.

My email is:
ludovic.pizzera@gmail.com

2017-12-1
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

Hi, I installed the Firmware and the flight was more stable.

I had the high wind warning and the camera stopped recording and the camera went left and it had a weird colour. Then after a while comes right again.

Landing was also precise.

I did recalibrate.
2017-12-1
Use props
România
New
Romania

Hi.can i have the beta o.600.
i have a problem with my gimbal.when i recording 4k 30 fps video the gimbal and imu resets all the time.
my dji assistant email is office@draghescusiasociatii.ro
2017-12-2
Use props
INGEMISUR
New
Flight distance : 2428 ft
Spain

ingemisur@gmail.com
2017-12-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Finally, I dared to test the .0600 beta firmware. Stability has improved a lot, still props on air in full throttle p mode and some shaking when braking to the left, but minor problems. I'm very happy today. Still waiting for the new firmware, but, at last, my bird is stable enough to fly without fears about security
2017-12-3
Use props
fans29ff2d1d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99954 ft
Italy

when will we have the final firmware?
2017-12-11
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Has anyone had trouble with setting the RTH altitude to greater than 50 meters? All firmware/software is the latest with the bird, the controller and my iPad mini 4. I'm also logged into DJI with the GO 4 app, but the RTH altitude refuses to accept anything greater than 50 meters. I'm using the .600 beta as well but have also tried downgrading the birds firmware to the original latest July release, but still no luck. When the July update came out everything was fine, at least for me and had added the Precision Landing which was my biggest motivation to upgrade. Between now and then with various changes things are just a bit strange (no flight safety issues though, although the trees here in the valley make a RTH altitude my highest current priority...
2017-12-16
Use props
primetime0625
lvl.1
United States

Can someone please add the beta to my account.

Brandon.champagne@me.com
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The above message has been well received. I will forward to the designated team to add you in. Please check one working day later. Highly appreciate your feedback. BTW, please check the reply button of our message, so that we can handle the reminder timely, thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reghardt Posted at 2017-12-1 03:22
Hi, I installed the Firmware and the flight was more stable.

I had the high wind warning and the camera stopped recording and the camera went left and it had a weird colour. Then after a while comes right again.

Hi Reghardt, thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify, does the camera issue you mentioned appear again? If yes, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance, thanks!
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-12-3 08:34
Finally, I dared to test the .0600 beta firmware. Stability has improved a lot, still props on air in full throttle p mode and some shaking when braking to the left, but minor problems. I'm very happy today. Still waiting for the new firmware, but, at last, my bird is stable enough to fly without fears about security

Hi Pareja, thanks so much for your feedback. Could you help us export the flight data for further analysis? I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference.

2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fester Posted at 2017-12-16 14:39
Has anyone had trouble with setting the RTH altitude to greater than 50 meters? All firmware/software is the latest with the bird, the controller and my iPad mini 4. I'm also logged into DJI with the GO 4 app, but the RTH altitude refuses to accept anything greater than 50 meters. I'm using the .600 beta as well but have also tried downgrading the birds firmware to the original latest July release, but still no luck. When the July update came out everything was fine, at least for me and had added the Precision Landing which was my biggest motivation to upgrade. Between now and then with various changes things are just a bit strange (no flight safety issues though, although the trees here in the valley make a RTH altitude my highest current priority...

Fester, just to verify, what's the current version of your APP? We 've been aware of the issue of IOS DJI GO 4 V4.1.18 and will fix it in the next version. You can switch to Android or other APP version for now. Thanks for your patience and support.
2017-12-16
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-16 19:08
Hi Pareja, thanks so much for your feedback. Could you help us export the flight data for further analysis? I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference.

Hello DJI Susan,I don't know if I have the logs yet, I will check it. The technical support told me it was not neccesary, so I haven't downloaded them.
Screenshot_2017-12-17-09-21-03.png
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules