Dji gs pro Import kml/kmz, shp files
18742 23 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ushangi
New
Georgia

how to import kml/kmz or shp file in dji gs pro app?
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please enter the "File" and then slip the item to the left. "Import" shows up, you can find a little red spot on the "map" item. Please see the attachments.
gs.png
2017-10-22
Use props
Salvatore Asproni
New

Italy

Hello. I have a similar problem  to that of ushangi.
I would like to try to import a kml using the 5 free trials but GS PRO sends me to the serve address that does not open.
how can do it?
2018-12-3
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Salvatore Asproni Posted at 12-3 08:42
Hello. I have a similar problem  to that of ushangi.
I would like to try to import a kml using the 5 free trials but GS PRO sends me to the serve address that does not open.
how can do it?

follow these steps:

a) transfer to iPad
Start the Import in the in GSPro in the Material section on the iPad, go to an PC/Mac on the same Network and enter the URL provided by GSPro on a PC/Mac. (or wherever your .kml file is)
Then you can upload your .kml, create subfolders an so on.

After the upload is finished, close the Import window.

b) Import to GSPro
Goto the Material tab, select your new uploaded .kml, left swipe the filename, then import.

c) create/edit mission
Goto Map tab, click on the map, a new mission will be created. Edit and cross check.
2018-12-3
Use props
Salvatore Asproni
New

Italy

thanks for your advice. Now I try
2018-12-4
Use props
djiuser_UxdMWTzsTXL4
lvl.2

Israel

How can i purchase the kml import in the gsp software?
Can i pay with ....?
2019-1-16
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_UxdMWTzsTXL4 Posted at 1-16 12:31
How can i purchase the kml import in the gsp software?
Can i pay with ....?

You pay with  your Apple ID
2019-1-16
Use props
Farish Majeed
lvl.1
India

Hi,

When i clicked on "start import" in GS Pro, a dialogue box appears which shows ip address as "nulll" . How can I solve this?

2019-2-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Farish Majeed Posted at 2-11 00:19
Hi,

When i clicked on "start import" in GS Pro, a dialogue box appears which shows ip address as "nulll" . How can I solve this?

Your iPad has to be connected to a WiFi Hotspot and has obtained an IP address. Otherwise you'll receive that error message.
2019-2-11
Use props
Farish Majeed
lvl.1
India

Keule Posted at 2-11 01:40
Your iPad has to be connected to a WiFi Hotspot and has obtained an IP address. Otherwise you'll receive that error message.

Thanks Brother.

It solved my problem.
2019-2-11
Use props
Arqueoproject
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi,I bought yesterday a function to import kml / shp to dji, but so far I try to import a file and get a message that I have to buy this function. I think the system did not recognize my purchase, what should I do? Is there any time for the system to recognize the purchase? But the invoice has already been debited to my credit card
Thanks
2019-2-21
Use props
Slaevens
lvl.1

Canada

I am having the same issue as well.  I purchased the kml import feature, my credit card has been billed, but it still tells me I have reached my 5 import limit.  Any suggestions?
2020-6-16
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

The easiest way i have found to import kml shape files is as follows:

From the computer you create the shape file email it to yourself and open email via phone or ipad. open the kml file with GS Pro. once in the GS pro app you will see the kml file in the "Materials" tab under "Files" once you find your file open the flder inside the GS pro app swipe to the left on the kml file you are wanting to import and click import, (see photos from admin up top). the Import button should be black. (Note if you click the blue START IMPORT under the "Materials" tap it will ask you to go to the secure server. this is not the proper way to import to the GS Pro app.) Once the import is complete you will get a notification at the top of your GS Pro app saying "imported 1 Geometry" . You will then find your imported kml file under the "Map" tab. once the kml file is located under the "map" tab you simply click on the file you want to plot out on the pre-flight plan. if this doesn't help feel free to PM me and I'll send step by step photo instructions on how to do it.
2020-6-17
Use props
Smael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1449190 ft
  • >>>
Morocco

Keule Posted at 2019-1-16 13:40
You pay with  your Apple ID

Hiii
im from morocco and i think i have a problem , because on my ipad , i already pay , the payment is done  for KML IMPORT OPTION ..... but i have a message on my DJI GS PRO (  APP STATUS : Nonsubsriptionpurchasing , in app purchase is not allowed ( AHCRUP1 )

PLEASE WHO HAVE AN ANSWER
2020-9-19
Use props
Smael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1449190 ft
  • >>>
Morocco

Arqueoproject Posted at 2019-2-21 10:40
Hi,I bought yesterday a function to import kml / shp to dji, but so far I try to import a file and get a message that I have to buy this function. I think the system did not recognize my purchase, what should I do? Is there any time for the system to recognize the purchase? But the invoice has already been debited to my credit card
Thanks

same thing  , here
2020-9-19
Use props
djiuser_icQ3iGyQE5Dv
lvl.1

Sweden

Hopefully everyone has solved this by now but if the import still doesn't work then go into the "Personal space" tab, settings, restore and any purchases that you have made for the kml import feature will be updated and it should work. I have though encountered another problem after this that i cannot automatically create a mission flightpath from the polygon. Seems as though there is a limit on this aswell, maybe there is another purchase that needs to be made.
2021-5-19
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

djiuser_icQ3iGyQE5Dv Posted at 5-19 07:11
Hopefully everyone has solved this by now but if the import still doesn't work then go into the "Personal space" tab, settings, restore and any purchases that you have made for the kml import feature will be updated and it should work. I have though encountered another problem after this that i cannot automatically create a mission flightpath from the polygon. Seems as though there is a limit on this aswell, maybe there is another purchase that needs to be made.

After you import it swipe left to create a mission.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_fseAWyg2mneq
New

Saudi Arabia

Hi, I purchased kml/shp 4 days ago, but not activated yet
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_fv8hOwB2GgUO
lvl.1
United States

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 2020-6-17 12:10
The easiest way i have found to import kml shape files is as follows:

From the computer you create the shape file email it to yourself and open email via phone or ipad. open the kml file with GS Pro. once in the GS pro app you will see the kml file in the "Materials" tab under "Files" once you find your file open the flder inside the GS pro app swipe to the left on the kml file you are wanting to import and click import, (see photos from admin up top). the Import button should be black. (Note if you click the blue START IMPORT under the "Materials" tap it will ask you to go to the secure server. this is not the proper way to import to the GS Pro app.) Once the import is complete you will get a notification at the top of your GS Pro app saying "imported 1 Geometry" . You will then find your imported kml file under the "Map" tab. once the kml file is located under the "map" tab you simply click on the file you want to plot out on the pre-flight plan. if this doesn't help feel free to PM me and I'll send step by step photo instructions on how to do it.

Has anyone experienced this error and found a solution? "Could not find valid geometries"

2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_fv8hOwB2GgUO
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone experienced this error and found a solution when tapping on the black import button? "Could not find valid geometries" The file is KML

2022-7-21
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fv8hOwB2GgUO Posted at 7-21 06:00
Has anyone experienced this error and found a solution when tapping on the black import button? "Could not find valid geometries" The file is KML

[view_image]

This happens most often with kml's that were exported from GIS or other software. Try opening your kml in Google Earth and re-saving it as kml. Then try importing that version.
2022-7-21
Use props
51stheFrank
lvl.1

United States

Does GS Pro only accept polygon KML files, or is it possible to import a LineString KML? I'd like to find a workaround for the lack of terrain following, but I'm starting to feel that it's hopeless.
2022-7-27
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

51stheFrank Posted at 7-27 11:51
Does GS Pro only accept polygon KML files, or is it possible to import a LineString KML? I'd like to find a workaround for the lack of terrain following, but I'm starting to feel that it's hopeless.

According to this:

https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/gis-data-import

GS Pro can import all 3 geometries (point, line, poly) and the only one it says it can't create a mission from is point (which makes sense).

"Notes:
1. GS Pro supports KML, SHP, KMZ, and ZIP formats and automatically decompresses KMZ and ZIP files when importing from an iPad.
2. GS Pro can generate polygons, line strings, and points. Points cannot be used to create a flight mission, yet can be used as a reference for GCP (Ground Control Point) setup.
3. Currently, WGS-84 is the only coordinate system supported by GS Pro."

Of course that doen't necessarily mean that what you want to do it possible...

2022-7-27
Use props
pit283
lvl.1
Flight distance : 862533 ft
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-12-3 09:39
follow these steps:

a) transfer to iPad

i did the steps but the link dos not work any help
2023-4-25
Use props